[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some some good EU schools to attend as an international

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: norway2.jpg (28KB, 560x388px) Image search: [Google]
norway2.jpg
28KB, 560x388px
What are some some good EU schools to attend as an international transfer student that are free or cheap?

I recently found out that Norway and a few other places are inexpensive to study at as a transfer student from the US.

I'm a junior at a local university (Kennesaw State) and I have a 3.75 or so GPA studying Computer Science. Most of the universities in Norway seem very competitive like the University of Oslo.

Are there any respectable and beautiful schools that would be easier to get accepted to? The University of Bergen seems very nice but I don't know if I would get accepted.

Non-Norwegian school suggestions are welcomed as well, as long as the cost of tuition and living isn't too expensive.

I was also considering France, Spain and some others.
>>
In Germany you will have to pay around 500- 1000 euro per month for living, food, study, hobbies and everything else. You don't pay much tution fees so it only depends on your living style.
>>
>>1221626
Nice. What's your experience like living/visiting there. Is there a lot of good activities in the daytime or is it more casual?
>>
>>1221583
>>1221626
>>1221631
we are full tbqh
>>
>>1221583
Ayyy what's up KSU, UWG reporting in. I'm also interested in this idea
>>
>>1221583
Have you considered completing ypur degree where you are, then doing a masters in Europe?
>>
>>1221841
Ayy let's go

>>1221842
No I haven't. Is it cheaper to do it that way? Are there scholarships for it?

In truth I'm still debating whether or not I want to major in CS. I probably will just because I've programmed shit since I was 13 and it's good money but I really like philosophy and writing stuff more these days. Not exactly a high chance of success with making a career out of it though.

My uni is really boring if you aren't involved in a frat or group like me and I really want to travel so the sooner (without breaking the bank) the better.
>>
>>1221861
>Is it cheaper to do it that way? Are there scholarships for it?

Were you planning on getting a masters anyway? Are you trying to live in Europe or abroad permanently? A masters is always more expensive than an undergraduate at the same institution.

The benefit of finishing your degree where you are is that all your classes may not transfer to Europe, prolonging your undergraduate career.

The benefits of taking your masters in Europe is possibly the cheaper price of a Masters in the USA, and the alumni network it would provide if you wanted to work in Europe upon graduation, as well as the benefit of showing you were educated in Europe, though I reckon going for yoir undergraduate in Europe would donrhe same, with less valuable networking and prestige. Plus you are competing against all the natives with degrees, while a masters helps you stand out.
>>
>>1221583
You don't actually learn anything from your courses while on exchange. Just go wherever seems interesting.
>>
>>1221863
>Were you planning on getting a masters anyway?
Not really, there's little point from a money point of view for my field.

If I could have it my way, I'd run a successful youtube channel, travel blog, market online or similar hustles to afford enough income to travel around comfortably.

I just crave the new experiences, culture and new ideas. My degree is just a safety net for paying off bills when I graduate; I don't really care about getting a job I'd rather freelance or be my own boss.

Much easier said than done though.

>>1221865
Alright, good to know.

Do you guys think living in France or Norway would be better? Norway seems beautiful but I don't know if the cheaper places to live would be far from the gorgeous water-laden areas you see in the photos. France seems like a good place to go but I don't know if it's overrated.

Both seem to have free or really cheap education (if you are elite enough to get in).
I actually know a girl from Germany and she doesn't think too highly of it but she also is biased in that she grew up there.
>>
>>1221865
This desu. So many people just travel around while studying or just go partying. But anyway if you do an exchange don't you just pay your normal tuition fee?
That's what we do here (no fee) so when we do exchange in Japan or the US it's still free for us.
>>
>>1221870
He said as a transfer student, not an exchange student
>>
>>1221878
I don't really know anything about the exchange program. Is it easier to do it that way? I'm about to go up to my school and talk about all of this with them.
>>
>>1221895
http://dga.kennesaw.edu/educationabroad/allprograms/europe.php

They also have Asia and other continents
>>
>>1221905
Seems like a lot of money to just visit an area for 2 weeks. Probably would be a lot cheaper for me to just move there desu.
>>
Anyone know about Estonia as a transfer student? Tallinn looks good for CS

Or Russia or other Eastern European countries.
>>
>>1222342
Dude are you sure you are in college? Either your attention or comprehension level is pretty low.

They had whole semesters of study in Belgium and Germany listed at that link. The very first thing listed on the page is one for. The page was a mix of full on exchanges and shorter programs. For the exchange programs you only pay your KSU fees
>>
>>1221583
Sorbonne
>>
>>1222442
>Estonia as a transfer student?
It's pretty tiny, but the two girls I know that went there on Erasmus really liked it. Granted, I've never met anyone that didn't like studying abroad.
>>
>>1222546
My bad I just saw a few with short lengths and figured they all were. Thanks for getting that page for me.
>>
>>1221905
>They also have Asia and other continents
http://dga.kennesaw.edu/educationabroad/allprograms/
>>
Well guys things are looking good. I just have to narrow down where to go and get 450$ (application fee) in less than a week which is going to be hard if I can't borrow it.

Anyone here who's lived in a place outside of the US what were your favorite countries? I'm thinking Spain or France now but I have no knowledge of Europe at all. What's a pretty spot thats cheap and has good social stuff to do if you're a shy college junior?

Part of the reason I'm going is to explore myself (as corny as that sounds) and get more extroverted.

And also thank you guys for your contributions.
>>
>>1222790
Soain has warmer, more extroverted, people than the places you were looking at before. I have worked ib Spain a cpuple of times over the years My favorite European country
>>
Hey OP,

I've looked into this already and basically Norway, Finland, and Sweden are your best bets. Sweden needs you to fill out all this paperwork (As too many people were studying for free) but it's still essentially on the list. Slovenia is also free. Germany is basically free as the 500-1000 Euro tuition also includes your transportation pass.

Canada is 2nd world because it's cheaper for me to study in one of the most expensive countries in the world (Norway) than it is in my own fucking country. lol
>>
>>1223508
Finland isn't free anymore, unless OP wants to study in Finnish or Swedish.

If OP is only talking about a semester or so on exchange, than all that is worked out through his current institution. If they offer exchanges, they will have an international office that organizes partnerships and various schemes so OP will have to choose between those options.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.