[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm traveling to Dublin by myself for 6 days. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0415.jpg (374KB, 1600x825px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0415.jpg
374KB, 1600x825px
I'm traveling to Dublin by myself for 6 days. I've never been to Ireland before, does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
File: dublin dead zoo.jpg (52KB, 677x508px) Image search: [Google]
dublin dead zoo.jpg
52KB, 677x508px
>>1221320
I suggest you tell us what sort of general things interest you, what sort of budget you have, etc. Giving us more information as opposed to less, gets you better, more relevant answers.

In the meantime, if you like bad taxidermy, spend an hour in the Natural History Museum. (Differs from the National History Museum.) Lots of great examples of animals that seem delighted to be dead.
>>
>>1221320
That depends what you are interested in or what you intend to see there.

6 days is a bit long for Dublin though, you will be able to squeeze other parts of Ireland in too (and that's a good thing)
>>
>>1221332
>>1221334
I love history and the outdoors (hiking, exploring, etc.). I also like bars but am always embarrassed to go by myself, something I've been working on. Clubs are fine when I'm with a group of friends but I'll be alone
>>
>>1221368
>I love history and the outdoors
Dublns a great city for History, dunno much about the outdoors but Im sure its pretty shite in that department. Either way I'd say 6 days is too long. 2 days tops.
If you want both history and outdoors go to the West coast. Renting a car is the best bet but public transport is semi decent
That being said I'd recommend checking out the GPO on OConnell Street and the history museum in Dublin while youre there. Stay away from Temple Bar if you're drinking, expensive as fuck for pints. Only pub I really know there is Fibber Magees. Decent wee spot and could have some music on
>>
File: wicklow.jpg (143KB, 851x638px) Image search: [Google]
wicklow.jpg
143KB, 851x638px
fuck the guinness storehouse, stupid dumb commercial tourist trap

take the bus to the wicklow mountains (pic)
>>
File: N ireland.jpg (91KB, 802x606px) Image search: [Google]
N ireland.jpg
91KB, 802x606px
>>1221368
>outdoors

Second getting over to the west coast -- if it were me, I'd go over to Galway, then north -- south tends to be more crowded with visitors.
>>
>>1221368
National museum of Ireland is good for half a day out (free entry). Nearby are the natural history museum and the national art gallery if you're into that (these two are low tier priority imo).

The pubs are all going to be lively and busy so it probably won't be awkward being there alone. They usually have live music on.

Outdoorsy stuff mixed with history - look into glendalough. And as I said you've got time to see further afield in Ireland, Galway would be good for a full day at least.
>>
>>1221911
>>1221435
>>1221427
>>1221411

Trip ends soon. I was able to go do most of the touristy stuff like the Jameson distillery and Guinness storehouse and still see the historic cathdrals, history museum, various pubs and Dublin Castle. Even managed to take the train to Galway for a day trip and take the bus to the Wicklow Mountains. Thanks for all the advice anons, I really appreciate it!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.