[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone where from capetown? Moving there in a few months, to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (10KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 237x213px
Anyone where from capetown?

Moving there in a few months, to see family i havent seen before.

whats it like? what do people in my age group (18-25) do?
>>
Try not to get raped or murdered, I'd guess.
>>
>>1221103
Thats the plan
>>
>>1221093
There's a guy from Cape Town who posts here so wait for him to give you info. It's an old city but has lots of tourists. Pubs,discos,restaurants. Wineries within driving range. Robben Island,District 6 museum,beaches. However there are beggars and crime is a problem. The bulk of the people live in the Cape Flats and you do not want to go there. Public transit is crappy but there is the My Citi BRTs and Metrorail. Get the Lonely Planet guide to Cape Town for more info.
>>
>>1221309
Thank you, hopefully hell see this thread.

I planed on living on the outskirts of the cape flats but after reviewing it i might go with rondesbosch.

Public transport wont be a problem as ill be driving but ill check out everything else.
>>
>>1221093
Not a Cape Town local but I have spent a lot of time there. Your entire experience depends on your budget. How much money do you have for rent? Or where do your family live?
>>
South African guy here, but I can field some general questions if you like.

Cape Town is scenic and inherently friendly place. Just be prepared for traffic at peak hours. Lousy cold weather weather during the winter months and an influx of tourists during the summer months.

There is supposedly plenty of things for young people to do and nothing stops you from checking out the various sights outside of the city. Keep in mind that Cape Town has a distinctly laid back feel compared to places like Johannesburg where I live.
>>
>>1221386
might I ask what colour are you?
>>
>>1221348
No, you do not want to live near Cape Flats.
Rondebosch is great. I used to live next door in Claremont. Woodstock is hipster. Sea Point is fabulous. Cape Peninsula, Fish Hoek , Scarborough, Simon's Town, are safe(ish) beautiful and calm. Stellenbosch is kinda rural but amazing. Will you have a vehicle?
>>
>>1221388
Too white to be frank.
>>
To clear up any confusion, im moving there to live and work, not a holiday.

>>1221375
My family live inbetween cape flats and rondesbosch, the name escapes me atm. Still graduating school so not much money atm. 145,000 zar but hopefully more as ill be working over summer before i move.

>>1221386
Thank you for your input, im sure ill stuck out the weather as i live in europe, horrible weather over here. Thank you for your advice.

>>1221397
It seemed the cheapest for rent, but obviously thats for a reason. ill look at property in rondesbosch mainly one bedroom as will be living on my own, no rush as i can live with family for a few weeks, id prefare not to be a burden on them for too long.

I hope to have a vechile and plan on buying one over there.
>>
>>1221420
then could you perhaps give me some advice on how to look as poor asa white person can? (in any part of Africa, I mean) I like traveling to rural places and experiencing things the locals do. And whenever people think I have a lot of cash on me, they start to percieve me by the prism of money - are less friendlier and try to milk/rob me
So is there any way to convince them I really don't have more then they do?
>>
>>1221093
Visit Steers and Nando's.

Fast food tourism is the future of tourism.
>>
>>1221426
Dress like you hang out with Die Antwoord without any of the bling. They'll think you're common Afrikaner trash south of the rails.
>>
File: Squatters3[1].jpg (126KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Squatters3[1].jpg
126KB, 600x400px
>>1221426
It is basically American white trash but lean. Just get clothes that cost less than $5 per piece. No bling. No smart-phones. You can have long hair, corn-rows or dreads. Get a thousand-mile-stare. React like a stoner when people talk to you. Move at the same pace as black locals (IE never be in a hurry) Learn some of the lingo, like "bruh". Learn the difference between "now", "just now" and "now now". Never do anything now now.
>>
>>1221450
>>1221457
Thanks.
is it good for whole Africa?
>>
>>1221460
I would not think so, since the rest of Africa aren't used to resident whiteys. But you can try.
>>
>>1221431
There's a Nando's in Washington,DC in their Chinatown. I'm not sure if there are other in the US.
>>
I'm from Cape Town. What do you want to know?

I personally think Cape Town is one of the best cities in the world. There are many different sub-cultures in the 18-25 bracket.

What's it like? The city itself is amazing, but if you stay here for long enough you start to realize that most of the people are pretty shitty. They are generally:
>pretentious
>cliquey
>judgemental
>cunty
But of course there are good people out there. You just have to go past the popular, "cool" places. But then again, maybe you're a cunt and will fit in and like those people.
>>
>>1221760
Just curious what people get up to, what are the standards for people like me? you know, white and young..

Im not really into clubbing except the odd time when i go on a bit of a mad one but thats it. Much of a car scene there?

Im coming from europe, you think ill adapt ok?
what age are you?
>>
>>1221810
It's basically like any 1st world city if you have money, desu. There is quite a big car scene. We have a racetrack that holds meets and drag races and track days. And if you're into it there is a lot of illegal street racing. I'm 22. And you should adapt fine, since a lot of foreigners study here and it's a pretty international city.
>>
>>1221859
that sounds brillaint.
That sounds fine, cleared up allot of worries.
cheers.
>>
>>1221739
I've been to the Nando's on H street NE, just a few weeks ago. There's also one in Chinatown? or did it move?
>>
>>1221966
There are six in DC and others in the DC-Baltimore area. Also in Chicago.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.