[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to visit Berlin with my girlfriend in April for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

I'm going to visit Berlin with my girlfriend in April for 4 or 5 days and I have this list of places we'd like to visit.
We'd really like to walk around and see famous/historical sights and landmarks. I guess neither of us are interested in parties or clubs or anything like that.

What are we missing? Also, which of the "maybes" are the best to add onto the "definitely" list?

Definitely
>Reichstag (sign up for a free tour in advance)
>Berlin Wall (East Side Gallery)
>Brandenburg Gate
>Gendarmenmarkt
>Checkpoint Charlie
>Potsdamer Platz

Maybe:
>Neues Museum
>DDR Museum
>Checkpoint Charlie Museum
>Boat tour on Spree River
>Day trip to Potsdam or Leipzig
>Some other museum on
>>
Consider the Gardens of the World in Hellersdorf-Marzahn.

Better than generic museum X.
>>
I would really recpmmend the ddr museum if youre interested in east germany or it's history, although it can get quite crowded in the narrower parts, the museum does fit in as much as it can into the littlest space.
>>
File: districts.jpg (61KB, 669x550px) Image search: [Google]
districts.jpg
61KB, 669x550px
What are the no go districts of Berlin?
>>
>>1221076
If you don't like clubs or parties and are below 30 you need to ask yourself some questions before you turn 50 and buy a Ford Mustang and try to hit on your daughter's friends.
>>
>>1221554
One of the only things I really enjoy in life is travel. I've been to plenty of party cities and had no interest...that's just not what I enjoy.
>>
>>1221076
Don't go to berlin if you dont like parties. There are better/more beautiful cities nearby if you're a boring cunt.
>>
File: P1190390_Potsdam_sans_souci_rwk.jpg (2MB, 2100x1441px) Image search: [Google]
P1190390_Potsdam_sans_souci_rwk.jpg
2MB, 2100x1441px
move - Day trip to Potsdam - to your definitely list
>>
>>1221076
defintiely do the TV museum its great
>>
>>1221548
No-go districts in terms of nothing to see:
>Steglitz-Zehlendorf
>Tempelhop
>Treptow-Köpenick
>Marzahn-Hellersdorf
>Pankow
>Reinickendorf
>Spandau
>Wilmersdorf

You should give the streets of Kreuzberg and Neukölln a try, even if you're not into partying.

I can tell you where to get the best dürüm if you like. For currywurst it's obviously Curry36.
>>
>>1221757 again:

a day trip to Potsdam might be worth it, but don't go to Leipzig for a day trip, as it's too far away. Neues Museum or Pergamonmuseum are great picks for bad weather.
>>
>>1221778
>either never been to Berlin
>>
Hijacking this thread as it will probably make alot of berliners come by.

I'll be in berlin for 1 night all alone this easter as a stop over for my final destination. Looking to get drunk and have a good time. Hostel and bar/club recommendations please! I enjoy pretty much all hipsterish and all of pop music(dont bully me for either), would feel out of place in a hardcore trance club.

Pretty much looking to get drunk, stoned, meet some people and have a good time for 1 afternoon/night in berlin. Haven't booked hostel or anything yet so i'm all ears people
>>
Was in Berlin last month, probably my favorite city.
Be sure to check out the Bauhaus Archive as well as the Museum Berggruen
>>
>>1221758
>Pergamonmuseum
The best parts of it are closed for renovation until 2019, so the Neues Museum is the place to go for cool stuff.
>>
>>1221076
Are you me? I'm going to Berlin in April with my girlfriend for 3 days from the 10th. Where are you from?
>>
>>1221845
OP here, I'm from the USA and she's from Eastern Europe.
>>
>>1221847
When are you going? We're staying in the Park Inn if you want to meet up?
>>
>>1221897
We will be there later in the month, around the 20th, s-sorry
>>
>>1221900
No problem man - enjoy your trip! And thanks for making this thread I'm wondering about stuff to do too
>>
>>1221803
Look up tresor and watergate. The thing about Berlin is that it's hard to get in, but for these you'll havea good chance.

Also, look up Artemiz.
>>
>>1221803
Stay in a hostel in Friedrichshain or Kreuzberg, you will get drunk.

Only go to a club if you intend to stay up all night and skip sleep, because the clubbing starts at 3am and goes for 72 hours in the weekend.
>>
>>1221076

Definitely go to Alexanderplatz around midnight. Real cultural experience of new Germany.
>>
File: Berlin_1920.jpg (569KB, 1336x979px) Image search: [Google]
Berlin_1920.jpg
569KB, 1336x979px
>https://www.google.ca/maps/@52.519505,13.3847166,1153a,20y,94.07h,50.57t/data=!3m1!1e3

That feel.
>>
Would it be better to go on a river cruise or a hop-on-hop-off our around the city?

How does Charlottenburg Palace compare to going to Potsdam and seeing the palaces there?
>>
>>1223464
>our
tour* (sage)
>>
>>1221906
This. Tell your gf you are going to the Holocaust memorial, but you need to go alone because it will be so emotionally overwhelming.... then go to an FKK club instead.
>>
>>1221803
Maybe find a hostel somewhere close to Warschauer strasse or Friedrichshain. Berlin is great for just wondering around at night. Try to be careful about buying drugs or hangind around Kottbuser Tor or Gorlitzer Park at night. Cool Clubs include Wild Renate and Sysphos, maybe Farbfernseher if there is a good act. Das Hotel in Kreuzberg is a nice cool bar. Don't bother with Berghain, it's a bust
>>
>>1223696
Berghain is great, OP just doesnt want to club. Hes not getting into Renate or Sisyphos either.
>>
>>1221076
read
>>1221076
for a start.

Have fun.
>>
>>1223788
What?
>>
>>1221076
Berlin Wall Memorial is very interesting to visit. It is the last part of the Wall including the death strip.
>>
Bumping thread because I'm going to the city for a week in May. What hostels would you guys recommend if the goal is to network with others and get into the apparently lively music scene in Berlin? Also, how is cost of living in east Berlin versus West Berlin?
>>
>>1221076
potsdam is a definitely, especially since you're interested in historical sites
>>
>>1224419
I don't think a hostel will make too much of a difference in that regard.
>>
Guy who lived in Berlin for 2 years and had a ton of American visitors here.

First off, Checkpoint Charlie is a huge tourist trap. Go and see it but spend like 10 minutes there and get the hell out.

4 or 5 days in Berlin, I would recommend the following if you're okay with a slow/leisurely pace:
Day A: Reichstag, Brandenburg Gate, Unter Den Linden and Gendarmenmarkt
Day B: Alexanderplatz, Museum Island, Spree River tour from Friedrichstrasse
Day C: Tiergarten (climb victory column for 3 EUR instead of going to top of TV Tower in Alexanderplatz for like 25 EUR) beers at Cafe am Neuen See or Schleusenkrug, then walk to Zoo/Gedaechtniskirche and Kudamm, the center of West Berlin
Day D: Day trip to Potsdam and Sanssoucci, beers at the biergarten overlooking Wannsee (S Bahn Wannsee) if you are into biergartens and weather is nice
Day E: East Side Gallery / Friedrichshain and Kreuzberg to see "gritty, hip" Berlin

OP I'm not a young club guy and shit like that so this was an itinerary for some guy who just enjoys history and the occasional beer in a biergarten. Didn't list it here but my favorite biergarten is near the Hauptbahnhof, called Zollpackhof. Overlooks the Chancellery (the "Washing machine") and the Spree river.

Good luck, enjoy your trip.
>>
>>1225699
Oh yeah, days were labelled with letters because they're interchangeable.
>>
>>1225699
That looks like a great plan, thank you!
>>
Is it worth getting a Welcome Card?
>>
>>1225976
Not really, the discounts and free entrances are not worth the price. With one exception. If you are going to do the cable jump at Alexanderplatz, you get a big discount. Double check first though because this was a while ago.
>>
>>1225699
Decent itinerary, but why do all the things overcrowded by tourists? Imo you'll sure see some typical and historical buildings that way, but you won't have a memorable trip...
>>
How is Berlin with gypsies and pickpocketing and scams etc?

Paris, Rome, Florence were terrible.
>>
>>1226044
What would you recommend instead?
>>
>>1226059
There are none in 99% of Berlin. But there are hordes in these places. >>1225699
>>
>>1221757
Digga wo gibts den besten Dürüm in Kreuzberg
>>
>>1221803
Lekkerurlaub best hostel in Kreuzberg
>>
File: berlin.png (821KB, 1018x670px) Image search: [Google]
berlin.png
821KB, 1018x670px
>>1222799
>Wake me up
>>
Are the no-go zones in Berlin as bad as those in cities like Paris and London?
>>
>>1222799
>people say that hitler was good

That autist destroyed nearly all of europe
>>
>>1227834
>nearly all of europe

Not really, it was mostly Germany.
>>
>>1227829
German here, don't walk alone in certain districts at night and if you see niggers or muslims just change the street side your walking on.
>>
>>1227829
>no-go zones
>in Europe

Back to /pol/ with you, underaged virgin.
>>
>>1227908
O-oh no! Someone on the internet called me an UNDERAGED VIRGIN! That was clearly an insult because it was used in a negative connotation directed towards me! However shall I react to this?
>>
watergate,berghain ! ;) Have fun paw
>>
Anyone going to Berlin this weekend want to meet up? I'm going alone and would like to explore the city and party at night too
>>
>>1227829
It's not as bad as Paris, because it is kind of hard to end up in the worst areas of Berlin by accident
>>
>>1225699
For someone that is only going for 2 days, what should I prioritize?
>>
You can get a day tour to Dresden, it's a pretty neat city; Potsdam is really nice too
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.