[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old is too old to be cool (i.e. travel)? My life is ruined

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: build1440.jpg (1MB, 1400x900px) Image search: [Google]
build1440.jpg
1MB, 1400x900px
How old is too old to be cool (i.e. travel)? My life is ruined until I'm ~30 and I'll be sitting in this American shithole but I've always thought the day I turn 30 is the last day of my life. Redpill me.
>>
The person with the best stories in a hostel will always be the cool, non-creepy, grandpa who has seen everything.
>>
I see Asian travelers that are over 65 years old. You're never too old to travel.

Hell, don't even be intimidated by youth-centric locations. I went to Disneyland by myself in my late 20s and I had a great time.

You've worked your ass off, you deserve a break.
>>
You're never too old to travel.

I think once people reach a certain age or stage in life, their habits tend to travel. I, for one, wouldn't want to be staying in a hostel when I'm 45 or 50. That's not because I'm afraid of being the token "creepy old man," but because I think I'm eventually going to want a bit more luxury. When I'm raking in a decent salary, I'd prefer to treat myself. I've never gotten the opportunity to stay in a nice hotel downtown before.

At any rate, you don't stop being "cool" in hostels once you reach a certain age. One of the most interesting guys I ever met was in a hostel in Tbilisi. He was an Australian engineer in his mid-forties who quit his job and made a challenge for himself to hitchhike from Melbourne to Lisbon. He boat-hopped through Indonesia, cut across Afghanistan, and did a bunch of other stuff.

You're only weird if you're actively trying to "partaaaaay" and hook up with girls half your own age (although I remember the Australian guy did that, but he wasn't a fucking weirdo about it - plus, the girl was clearly craving the D).
>>
I was travelling with a 30 and 31 year old and I'm 26. There is nothing wrong going at 30.
>>
>>1220057
What about 40
>>
Your life ends the day you decide you're too old to live. Don't do it at 30. That's not even half the male life expectancy here in the US. To cut off your lust for life before the halfway point is a stupid thing to do. Life how you want to until it kills you.
>>
I'm 38, a few years ago I quit my 9 to 5 job and started working seasonal /out/ jobs. Every winter and summer I have a new job in a new place. In-between seasons I travel.
Right now I'm in Ecuador before I go to my next job in Alaska.
Tomorrow I'm meeting a qt Ecuatoriana who wants to show me around her little beach town.

Everybody I meet thinks I'm really interesting because I'm not some half-witted trustafarian and I have a lot of experience and stories.

My friends back home think I have the coolest life ever and always tell me they wish they could do what I do, but they're too afraid to.
>>
It's not really about age. I've been traveling for 16 months and I'm 31. My experience has definitely been different than a 20 year old's would be, but IMO it's been better. If I were 20-25 I'd probably just stick to the hostel trail, hang out with westerners all the time, get drunk in hostels for weeks on end, etc. - lots of fun, but not as enlightening as travel outside of the backpacker bubble can be. In my months on the road, I've made friends from every part of the world, I've fucked 30 girls from 14 countries (not counting hookers), I've fallen in love a few times, I've had all sorts of insane adventures.

Quite honestly the only limitation is that I get exhausted after lots of nights of drinking in a row, and I don't do well with staying in dorm rooms for weeks straight. But the latter may be more because I'm introverted more than old.

I have other friends that are late 30's / early 40's and still having an amazing time staying in backpacker dorms on their 2-3 week vacations every year. They make friends easily, it's not a big deal.

What's more likely to happen is that, before you get "too old to travel", you'll get in a serious relationship with someone, you'll get married, you'll have kids. And suddenly you won't have the option any longer.

And anyway, if you feel too old to stay in hostels, there's lots of other ways to travel. Recently I've been staying in AirBnBs and meeting people from Couchsurfing meetups or Tinder. You're never too old for that.
>>
>>1220068
Oh, and I'm constantly meeting retirees on cruise and pre-booked vacations that tell me they wish they hadn't waited to travel.
>>
>>1220059
It's never too late as far as age goes, but don't use that as an excuse to put it off. You never know what's around the corner, so go whenever you have the chance.
>>
>>1220031

Maybe it's just me but I associate travel
with old people who have free time and money
>>
>>1220176
Then you can gtf off this board because you have nothing to contribute with anyway.
>>
>>1220178
No room here for retirement planning?
>>
>>1220033
Trip dubs of truth.
>>
>>1220031
>How old is too old to be cool (i.e. travel)? My life is ruined until I'm ~30

I'm 56. Started traveling when I was 40.
>>
>>1220178
Make me.
>>
>>1220031
thats the beautiful thing about /trv/ you realize you're never too old when you see all these plebs in misery
>>
> 30
> old
What the actual fuck.
>>
>>1220031
30 is the new 20
>>
I am in my late 50s. I worked from the time I was 15 until I turned 55. I traveled when I could, which was a decent amount, but one and two week vacations mostly.

Now I am retired, I have a little money and a lot of time. I putting boots on the ground in a ton of places.

I like to think you can get even cooler as you get old. You don't give a shit what most people think about you. You are too old for the young party girls so you can just be friendly with out all that sexual tension of a young man trying to get laid all the time. You have some great stories and adventures if any one asks. You have a better perspective on what's important in life and I think you can appreciate things that you might not have when younger. At least this is the case for me.

Don't get me wrong, even though I am probably twice as old as most of the posters here, I still like the fun stuff. This year alone I have gone flyboarding, scuba diving, flown ultralight planes, deep sea fishing, golf in some exotic places, zip lining...just to mention a few. So, old does not mean, false teeth and a walker, at least not yet.
>>
>>1220068
What jobs? Bit more info on how you did it pls
>>
>>1220031
You're a 30 y/o asking a board full of autistic teenagers how to be cool. That alone basically precludes you from any possibility of being cool.
>>
>>1221756
>You are too old for the young party girls so you can just be friendly with out all that sexual tension of a young man trying to get laid all the time.
This. I'm 48 and I keep myself fit and well enough groomed. I end up talking to pretty things half my age on a regular basis. They definitely do not have their guard up around me they way they do with guys their own age. They're happy to flirt with me for shits and giggles because it's obvious I'm not trying to get into their pants. Oddly the upshot of this is that a few have made it clear I could if I wanted. I generally don't act on this because I'm happily married and don't want to blow up my life over a piece of ass. But it definitely feels good to know I can still pull if I wanted to.
>>
>>1221831
>I generally don't act on this
"Generally"? You "generally" don't act on flirty young women?

So does that mean you don't cheat on your wife most of the time, but if the situation was appropriate, you would?
>>
>>1221933
>So does that mean you don't cheat on your wife most of the time, but if the situation was appropriate, you would?
I do a really good job of not cheating on my wife, but nobody's perfect. I'm pretty close to perfect, but not entirely.
>>
Single 38 year old here, can confirm.

Younger women are definitely more at ease around older guys (of the non-creeper variety) because we don't come at then like a slobbering horny basic-ass bro. It's especially effective if you know how to flirt, not spin game or throw lines, but actually flirt. They're really not used to it.
>>
>>1220031
if you see traveling as a chance to fuck who every you want then yeah i'd say mid to late 30s is too old to be "cool"
but if you see traveling as a chance to see new things then its never to late
>>
>>1222040
Not even then. It's only too late for hostel girls, and even then there are plenty of hostels with lots of late 20's/early 30s girls traveling alone that are easy pickings.

And any major city in Latin America, Eastern Europe, or Asia will be full of regular girls in their mid-late 20s that are up for hooking up with a white guy that's much older.
>>
Daily reminder;
>if you are a handsome man at 25, you will be a handsome man at 45 (implying you take care of yourself)

t. Handsome 34 y-o fucking 20 y-o backpacking chicks
>>
>>1221822
>>1221737
OP is back
I'm not 30 and I'm not saying 30 is old. I meant I can't get out and travel again until I'm around 30.
>>1222040
Yeah I'm not about that fuck life, I enjoy long term monogamy
>>
>>1220031
my grandparents traveled a ton when they retired
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.