[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/, I'm planning to go overseas for 7 weeks (Asia,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: HERO5_Black_45.png (79KB, 447x264px) Image search: [Google]
HERO5_Black_45.png
79KB, 447x264px
Hi /trv/,

I'm planning to go overseas for 7 weeks (Asia, Middle East and Europe). The last time I went was in 2013 with my Canon 60D and Sony RX100. I found that I was mainly carrying a camera backpack and used my Canon 60D and phone.

I just bought a Canon 80D, is it worth me selling the Canon 60D and Sony RX100 and get a GoPro HERO5 Black instead and using a sling camera bag for the Canon 80D for more versatility when I'm in India? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
>>
>>1220011
It's simple as that:
If you earn good money from your photography/videos or it's a die hard hobby go for it.
If you just snap shots for friends and to brag on social media you overpack if you bring more than a ok tier phone cam like any iPhone 5/Samsung S5 or better offers.
>>
>>1220019

I don't earn any money from the photography/videos, it's more of me wanting to take some great quality photos.

I don't use Social Media at all and I have an iPhone 7. So is it worth bringing the Canon 80D and purchasing a GoPro Hero5?

Thank you for your help so far!
>>
>>1220359
You have a iPhone7 with a great camera that should be good enough for quality shots, just make sure to clean your storage by uploading your pics to a cloud service when ever you can...
The 80D is only worth it if you're okay to carry 3-5 lenses for the special shots you can't take with anything else. If you shoot with the kit lens or a 18-200mm tele in auto mode it's a waste of time and baggage.
>a good pic is 95% skill of the user and only 5% the used equipment

On the GoPro, if you have a actual use for it beside your trip go for it, else your phone is good enough for the job. You better spent the money from selling your old stuff on upgrading your trip.
>>
>>1220414
>Canon 80D

With the Canon 80D, I only have the 18-135mm kit lens.

Looks like I'm better off selling the Canon 80D since I only use it in Auto/Creative Auto.
>>
>>1220019

Only looking to brag on social media. My iPhone 5s has shit image quality.

Should I buy a RX100 V or just get an iPhone 7 for my IG/FB shots? Kinda turned off with iPhone shots due to my outdated phone
>>
File: 20170303_130832.jpg (7MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170303_130832.jpg
7MB, 5312x2988px
>>1220915
Get a Samsung Galaxy S7 you mongaloid.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s7-1315188/review/4

Am very happy with my S6 camera but the phone itself isn't the most optimal Android solution.

>pic related
>>
Don't buy a 5 buy a Hero 3+ Black or the 4, this is coming from a professional photographer specializing in automotive and travel photography.
Current Setup:
Canon 5d Mark III
Canon 16-35mm f4 IS
Canon 50mm f1.4
Dual Speedlite Flash
CF Tripod
GoPro Hero 3+ Black
I have a bunch more gear but that's my main setup. I started with a Canon T3i 5 years ago, moved up to a 5d Classic about a year ago, and just stepped up to the 5D Mark III
>>
GoPros are horrible and you shouldn't waste your money on them.

The Sony RX100 is excellent, and it's should be your go-to point and shoot. The mark 4 edition is still top of class regards to small sized cameras.

You can sell the Canon60D
>>
Sell the Canon
Buy Yi 4k instead of GoPro
You're good to go.

Doing all my pics and vids with the Yi 4k and the fast snaps with my smartphone
>>
Thank you all for your suggestions, you've definitely helped!
>>
>>1220011
what kind of shots are you tryin to get ?
>>
>>1220991

does it come with the nifty little exploding feature?
>>
>>1221783
No.
That was the Note 7.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.