[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

greetings /trv/ I am planning a journey through the Cordilleras

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

greetings /trv/

I am planning a journey through the Cordilleras this summer, I have 40 days to travel to/through the following cities:

Santiago
Mendoza
La Rioja (passing through only)
Tucumán
Salta
Tilcara
Santa Cruz
Cochabamba
La Paz
Juliaca (passing through only)
Cusco
Ayacucho
Lima
Cajamarca (tentative)
Cuenca
Quito

I will do most of the trip by bus since this will be on a shoestring budget, but I'll probably fly through some parts of Peru and Bolivia because I don't trust the roads. I also plan on staying with friends-of-friends from Santiago to Cochabamba, the rest of the lodging will be either in youth hostels or generous hosts on couchsurfing. I am an avid enthusiast of street and nature photography, so I will primarily spend my time exploring the cities and countryside taking photos, and visiting interesting sites and museums in each city. I'm leaving myself one day to travel and one day to explore in each small city and two days for the large ones.

Any advice from people with overland travel experience? I speak Spanish so language shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>1219835
I can tell some about Peru.

The route you seem to be taking is OK to do it by land. Also that is dry season here so the real danger is pretty low.

Stay a little time in Puno, It's close to the most touristic places in the Titicaca basin and a mix of a lot of native cultures.

Cajamarca is actually living hard times, I don't really know if tour there really worth it save for the money.

I'd go for the Moche route, Trujillo and Chiclayo.
>>
Summer is about to end my friend
>>
>>1219835
>not visiting colombia, the most exciting, interesting and beautiful country in south america
>>
>>1219880
Is it true that much of the drug and cartel problem is under control now?
>>
>>1219939
Yes. There are still places you probably shouldn't go, but for the most part Colombia has been good for the past decade.
>>
>>1219880
I'm actually staying in Bogotá for 6 weeks to conduct independent research for my thesis, however I'm electing to fly there from Quito because I'm averse to traveling through Colombia by bus

while in Bogotá I'll probably make weekend trips to other places
>>
Curious about why are you making your trip northwards instead of starting on Quito as most people do?
>>
>>1220347
I'm doing research in Bogotá for 6 weeks starting in july, and it makes more sense for me to travel slowly towards it instead of away from it
>>
Santa Cruz was really nice. Had a colonial feeling to it even though there wasnt a lot to do there other than a big market. Nice hostels though.

Cochabamba had one really good taco foodstand but there was literally nothing else to do. No museums, no attractions, no shopping, not even party and bar stuff...

Do the first one for two nights or so and skip the second one if you can.
>>
>>1219835
You should take into consideration taht people there have various different ways of speaing spanish, some difficut to understand to foreigners who learnt spanish at shcool or at an institute.
>>
>>1219880
Elaborate.
>>
>>1221314
I am aware. I studied in Buenos Aires for 4 months, and it was frustrating as hell trying to speak spanish with argentines because of their accent. I got the hang of it eventually though, I don't think there are too many other places with accents more difficult than argentina, except maybe Chile

Lower class people are impossible to understand everywhere tho
>>
>>1221574
Argentinian accents are ridonkulous. Sometimes you feel like you should glance at your watch to see how much time has elapsed as they roll an R at the beginning of a word.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.