[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If your visa finishes while you're in the airport already,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: plane.jpg (39KB, 802x331px) Image search: [Google]
plane.jpg
39KB, 802x331px
If your visa finishes while you're in the airport already, do they care?
>>
I never experienced this myself but I would assume it depends on what stage of leaving you are and which country you are in. Generally speaking I would assume you would be fine though as border agencies would just deport you anyway there would be no reason to delay that process. If they have to meet a quota of deportations or something though then you would probably have a bit of trouble.
>>
>>1219147
well, I mean - as far as I understand, the airport is kind of nobody's land, isn't it? So basically you are not in the country in which your visa is already finished. In this case.

I ask having mostly the overstaying fees in mind
>>
>>1219146
Yes, you can cross the border until 23:59 and stay airside until your departure time, but only if the airport allows staying overnight, not all airports are open 24 hours, including some of the major ones, i.e. Frankfurt/Main airport.
>>
>>1219163
is it required of me to have a ticket by then or can I stay at the airport virtually indefinitely, waiting to buy the best option for me?
>>
>>1219166
Passport control is after ticket control. So you need to have a ticket.
>>
>>1219171
Hmm, and if it isn't, then everything's fine? I'v been to that airport in Kyrgyzstan and they never checked for my ticket while I was entering there. Hell, after all how could I ever buy the ticket inside if I weren't allowed to enter?
>>
>>1219172
You need a ticket. The airport is of course part of the land it is in. Worst case is that they will put you in deportation custody and then send you home.
>>
>>1219172
>if it isn't, then everything's fine?

But it is. You can't clear security or passport control without a ticket.
>>
What is the point of this thread? Are you attempting to gain a possible extra few hours of staying inside an airport after your visa has finished? Sounds ridiculous.
>>
>>1219195
As I understand it, he wants to stay at the airport until he gets a cheaper price for a last minute ticket.
>>
>>1219195

firstly, this>>1219205
secondly I used to hitchhike and travel in the hardcore mode(TM), and this just *might* be the lifesaver in some cases. Besides, I was wondering if I could perhaps overstay and *then* go to the airport.

>>1219186
>But it is.
Ok, then all those ticket offices inside aren't in the airport? I don't understand. I was clearly checked while entering the building, but only my luggage and passport were checked - nobody asked me for tickets. Only then I bought one, but nobody really cared whether I did it or not. Maybe there are differen't options depending on location?
>>
>>1219217
First, cheap last minute tickets are a meme. Buying them at the airport last minute will probably end up being more expensive, not cheaper.

Second, ticket offices are before passport control. If you have not passed passport control in time, you will have overstayed your visa. And you cannot go through passport control without a flight ticket. Understand now?
>>
>>1219217
If you overstay, you overstay. Period. The consequences depend on where you overstay. In a third world country? Perhaps nothing, or a fine/bribe. In a developed country? You'll get banned from re-entry. If you overstay in a European country, you could get banned from all of Europe for years. Consider if it's really worth the risk.
>>
What OP seems to be confusing is what part of the airport is considered international area and what part is considered national area.
The part where the ticket offices are is the national area, where the country's laws apply.
The area after passport control (duty free after you showed your passport is probably the most common reference point) is international area.
In the international area, as I understand, has its own rules so you could stay there even after your visa expires.
The problem is that for to reach there, you need a ticket already, because you can't go through passport control without a ticket.
>>
>>1219217
>Ok, then all those ticket offices inside aren't in the airport?

Being in the airport building does not cut it, sorry. If you misunderstood earlier posts to think that you can just hang out on the public part of the building forever, then you need to correct that misunderstanding.

You will get into trouble if you try and clear passport control after your visa expires. To clear passport control, you need a ticket.

>>1219163 states that, having cleared passport control and technically exited the country, you are OK even if your flight is after the moment your visa expires. He may be right, I have no knowledge of that.

But you can't just hang in the front part of the airport after your visa expires, that is in no sense "no man's land," you are still in the country.
>>
>>1219238
>>1219243
Ok, I get it now. Thank you. And could I perhaps buy a ticket for a flight like one day after my visa expires? Could I then pass the clearance (still with valid visa by then) and just wait there for my flight?
>>
Theoretically you could stay airside for a long time, like in the movie 'Terminal' or like Edward Snowden did in Moscow airport: you need to buy a ticket, get a boarding pass, clear passport control, and then not board the flight. In a really busy 24 hour hub like Dubai you could get unnoticed, and then a few days later buy a new ticket, register online and print the new boarding pass yourself.
>>
>>1219251
I could be wrong here, but I don't think so as you probably can't go through passport control that early
>>
>>1219149
Airports are an entry point they are not a no mans land. If you arrived at an airport and murdered someone before customs they would not throw up their hands and say "oh well he fooled us he's in no mans land"
>>
>>1219265
kek.
Well, it's not like anybody ever tried, right? Maybe we just found a loophole...
>>
Anecdote time. This last year I overstayed my schengen visa by six months, left through Hungary and no one said anything. About a month later reentered the schengen through Sweden and no one said anything to me about my overstay. Granted I am a clean cut white American.. I think you will be okay.
>>
>>1219269
Interesting. Well, I'm Polish, so EU is granted for me...
>>
>>1219251
It depends on how early the airline will let you check in and issue you a physical ticket. That's not standardized between carriers.
>>
>>1219253
The real question is: why would you want to do that? I mean why would you want to spend three days airside in a terminal, sleeping on benches, eating airport food and bathing in the sink? I guess it wouldn't be so bad if you had a lounge membership...But why not just leave when your visa expires?
>>
>>1219303
my question was hypothetical in nature, for I like to be prepared for every single occurence. It just *might* happen, that you'll be caught inside the country, with no time to get to the border, but just enough to reach an airport. Keep in mind I hitchhike, so there's no telling when will I catch a ride and how long will it take me to get somewhere

Also, If I have a sink and a toilet for free, I'm more than happy. Food isn't a problem - as a white european I can easily survive a month or two not eating at all. In fact the biggest problem is boredom.
>>
>>1219269
Anecdotal evidence is not without worth, but is not probative.
>>
>>1219303
That you can't do -- you can only clear security and such within hours of your flight.
>>
>>1219332
Unless you booked a flight, showed up on time and then never boarded that flight. But then there's no reason to do that unless you're avoiding a political or legal situation at your destination.

OP, is there something you need to share with us?
>>
>>1219343
>OP, is there something you need to share with us?
Nah, nothing at this point (and nothing to be expected either)
I already explained my motives here>>1219307

I still wonder whether it wouldn't be possible to prove the officers at the airport, that you have a valid ticket that will take you to another country shortly after the visa expires. I mean, maybe they could simply give you the clearence then, understanding your situation and all
>>
>>1219307
Man, there is some top notch bait on /trv/ tonight.
>>
>>1219357
glad you appreciate it. Also, not bait, but you won't believe me anyway.
>>
>>1219267
>Brussels
>>
>>1219269
You got lucky. Each time you could have been caught and deported and banned. Don't encourage others to do the same idiotic risky things you did.

I hope you get caught next time.
>>
>>1219343
They would look hard as fuck for him in the airport if he checked in, and if you have checked bag(s) they don't fly without the customer onboard, and airlines would rather find your dumb ass in the airport than potentially spend up to an hour or more finding and removing the bag from the AC.
>>
>>1220461
>Checking bags

Well now we know he's amateur.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.