[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to travel, but I feel bad because I've been NEET

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: confusion.jpg (217KB, 925x572px) Image search: [Google]
confusion.jpg
217KB, 925x572px
I want to travel, but I feel bad because I've been NEET for almost 2 years (at my mum's expense) and I reckon my mum will flip her nut if I just go travelling.

Should I do it anyway?
>>
Well yeah, she'll definitely be angry that you're traveling on her money.
>>
>>1219106
No, I would travel on *my* money; I'm saying that I've stayed at her house, on her expense, for the last two years

2bh I've been thinking of travelling all along, but I just feel massively guilty about it
>>
>>1219108
>NEET
>*MY MONEY*

So government hand outs, yeah you should feel guilty about it.
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (64KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
64KB, 1920x1080px
>>1219115
Money I've saved, but please do tell me more about myself
>>
>>1219104
Honestly she may be happy to get you out of the house for a change.
Hell - she might even hope that you find something out there that may finally get your life together.
>>
>>1219117
Damn, you're an easy mark.

Anyway, if you really feel guilty about pay your mom back rent and get a job. Then take the money you saved up from that job and go traveling.

Or get a WHV and go wash dishes or bus tables in some other country. That way you get to travel, not spernd your savings, make friends get job experience and stop being a person your mother is ashamed of.

Think about the conversation she can have with her friends about his you're working at a lovely resort somewhere and making friends instead of how you're spending all your money in Thailand diddling underage ladyboys.
>>
>>1219120
Perhaps, but I suspect she won't

>>1219121
I have said to her I could go and do something which involves working on a farm or something but she says that's stupid and I should get a proper desk job
>>
I guess here's another question

At what point could I travel without feeling guilty about it?

I used to work a job, I used to live by myself, I used to be completely independent - I even felt guilty about travelling then because I thought my employer wouldn't like it if I travelled for ages

Part of why I quit is because I thought I'd go travelling

How the fuck can I stop feeling fucking guilty about this?
>>
>>1219135
Stop being a bitch
>>
>>1219139
Have you done this? If not then your words are empty bullshit
>>
>>1219141
Quit a job to go travel? Yes
>>
>>1219135
You quit your job to go travel and then you didn't end up travelling and now you feel guilty? I agree with >>1219139
your problems are your own making go work on a farm and pay your mom back money or just go travelling this isn't /adv/ for your life problems.
>>
>>1219135
OK, I maybe understand the mom thing, but your employer? Anon, you don't owe your employer any kind of explanation if you want to quit and go traveling. Jobs are voluntary. If I were you, I'd feel more guilty that I quit my job and moved in with my Mom.

Seriously, stop being a bitch.

> t. guy that quit his job and is currently traveling South America guilt-free.
>>
>>1219126
You're a grown ass man, Mommy doesn't get to tell you what to do anymore.
>>
If you want to just GO
>>
>>1219165
How come I constantly get bullshit no matter what I say or do no matter what opinion it is or isn't?

Not only from my mum, from my grandma, from my mum's friend

Why am I not allowed to live?

>>1219164
Do you plan on having a family in the future by any chance? Wondering if people who go travelling are people who plan to have families, or whether it's only people who never plan to have families who go travelling
>>
>>1219175
Because you don't stand up for yourself.
>>
>>1219175
<--- /adv/, a travel board is not the place to seek advice on why your relationship with your Mom is the way it is.

Sage to avoid bumping what has become a pretty off-topic thread.
>>
>>1219187
So do you think I should just go "fuck it", buy a ticket somewhere, and get some work out there, which is what I was thinking?

My plan was to maybe go to SE Asia, find a place that wants some manual work doing, and do that. Get to meet people doing it. Good idea?
>>
This is a fantastic bait thread, BTW.
>>
>>1219211
Not bait
>>
>>1219211
I would feel better knowing I was baited then remembering spineless fags like op exist
>>
>>1219222
Totally bait.
>>
>>1219224
Why do you have to insult me

Can't you just offer advice instead?
>>
>>1219224
>>1219232
Also someone might now say "for advice, go to /adv/", but specifically this is travel related, and since all of you have been travelling, I was wondering how I should go about this.
>>
>>1219104
There's no easy answer OP, because we don't know all that you know.

Here's how an adult parent thinks 1) they're happy to help you through rough spots or while you improve your education or post-breakup or do-over post addiction, or whatever your case might be, even though they resent working harder just to support you but there should be an end in sight, so yay 2) children who act lazy, entitled, or spendthrift are infuriating if they aren't like you. So, if Mom doesn't buy designer shoes, you should. If Mom doesn't buy the highest priced value meal at fast food and you have no good reason not to be thrifty, then you shouldn't while with them buy the SuperDilly, dessert, appetizer, a beer when no one else is drinking, but just putting food in their stomach in the middle of the road trip.

An adult doesn't reward himself without having earned it. If you do not have two dimes to rub together for if and when you need to cough up $2k for a medical emergency like a cracked molar in your mouth, or an E.R. copay on your plan that sends you to get an MRI. Not good. If you were to wreck your car, and can't afford a new one, or a car rental while you shop for one, so you don't lose your job, then no, you shouldn't vacation. If you are happy at home and have no good reason to rent elsewhere, like you're genuinely helpful, then you should be building a nest egg, and when you have 10% down payment on a cheap condo or something like that, treat yourself with their permission.

What I would do? I wouldn't vacation alone if it wasn't just a quick overnight to a concert in the next city over, which you split with someone else, and maybe stay one more day. I would consider asking Mom to celebrate her birthday with a short cruise, which should give you an idea what she thinks of spending $300 or so. If she is like no way jose, there's your answer about your frivolous ideas. She would ultimately like to see you support yourself and be independent, or help her.
>>
>>1219233
This is not about travel, though, it's about your relationship with your mother.

<--- /adv/

If you decide to travel, and would like to discuss itineraries, or destinations, or the like, come back and start a thread about that.
>>
>>1219194
>My plan was to maybe go to SE Asia, find a place that wants some manual work doing, and do that. Get to meet people doing it. Good idea?
I lived in SEA for much of my life. Local peasants typically do the manual labor in Southeast Asia, with a few exceptions (such as construction, which is worked by a combination of local peasants and undocumented immigrants from neighboring countries and/or Nepal). They get paid approx. nothing and do not speak English.

You might find hostel work, though. Won't be legal (no work permit, can't stay longer than 6mo), won't really pay, but you'll meet a lot of Australians and Israelis and may have some fun.
>>
>>1219333
No it's about travel which is why I specifically asked a question about travel

Do you reckon it's acceptable to just go for a few months, see what happens, then come back and get a job?
>>
>>1219367
>Won't be legal

Ah. Didn't know that. I've seen lots of adverts advertising for work though. I guess maybe it's like informal work. Things like, yes, working in hostels, or doing some agricultural stuff, i.e. helping someone grow their vegetables and tend to their animals, stuff like that.
>>
>>1219609
You're probably thinking of volunteer gigs like HelpX and workaway. You trade work for accommodation, since no money changes hands you don't need to worry about as visa.
>>
>>1219175
Jesus. Fucking ignore them and do your own shit.
>>
>>1219104
Go and get a job you fucking bum. Try teaching English in China or something
>>
>>1219717
LOL like anyone would spend thousands of hours learning such a useless language.

>>1219263
Now this is actually good advice.
>>
File: 1413155732573.jpg (39KB, 400x509px) Image search: [Google]
1413155732573.jpg
39KB, 400x509px
You can crash at my place for free if you can guess where I live
Here's a hint it starts with M
>>
>>1219759
Is it Mom's House?
>>
>>1219120
This was my mother's perspective
>>
>>1219104
I'm pretty sure your mom would be glad for you to fuck off anywhere.

The day you will go, she will hunt some hunk on Tinder and make you a new baby brother. She must have the itch of the century.
>>
>>1219175
I guess you get shit because you're a faggot manchild who has been sponging off her for years.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.