[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's something I'd like to do in canada late next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: canada.gif (31KB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
canada.gif
31KB, 500x251px
There's something I'd like to do in canada late next month, but I don't have a passport.

I am a US citizen, I've read that I can get into Canada with a US Birth certificate and ID, but getting back into the US requires a Passport

What exactly would the US government do when I show up back at the border requesting entry? Detain me? For how long?

Is there some kind of law?

I cant imagine them denying me entry considering I can prove I'm a citizen.
>>
Just get a damn passport, you could literally have it on this friday if you go tomorrow and pay express fees
>>
old info, you need a passport 99% of the time

other than some lake in montana/alberta and a few buildings on the actual border in maine/new brunswick you need a passport
>>
>>1218778
Judging from what I've read it could take awhile, but I found some information about a "PASS card" which I can get cheaper and easier, so hopefully I can get that beforehand. I'll see what I can do.

I was just curious on how the hell the US could not allow me in even though I am a citizen, Id have to go to canadian officials and get them to deport me or something if that were the case.
>>
>>1218776

US citizens are entitled to a passport card which can be used for travelling through border crossings and sea ports-of-entry to and from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean. The passport card cannot be used for international air travel.

It will only cost you $55, compared to $135 for a passport book.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/forms.html

"The passport card was designed for the specific needs of northern and southern U.S. border communities with residents that cross the border frequently by land. The passport book is the only document approved for international air travel."
>>
I took a bus back into the USA from Canada a few days ago and some woman didn't have a passport but was somehow let in.
I was also under the impression that everyone needed a passport, but unless she pulled one out of her ass, I'm not sure how they let her in.

She tried to show an ID but they told her it wasn't an enhanced ID and took her to another room but she ended up back on the bus with us.
>>
>>1218801
Maybe she lost it? I wouldn't try unless you think being questioned in a room and put on a list is fun.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.