[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/, newbie here. I'm planning a 15 days Interrail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170224-020540~2.png (645KB, 720x753px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170224-020540~2.png
645KB, 720x753px
Hi /trv/, newbie here. I'm planning a 15 days Interrail trip with some friends this summer, and I need some tips to move around with a low budget, I'd start in Rome and finish in Barcelona (I live in Madrid and it's cheaper to take a flight to Rome than going to BCN), I upload a route that I've planned, so you can give me recommendations and everything else. Any help is welcome!
>>
Trains in west europe cost alot, even if you have an interrail pas, they often make you pay extra.

This won't be a cheap trip, if any of you can drive, rent a car and do a roadtrip
>>
>>1217517
>This won't be a cheap trip, if any of you can drive, rent a car and do a roadtrip

What the fuck this is terrible advice. Trains with an interrail pass are a fraction of the price of cars. Not to mention the fact that he's trying to visit the city centres of multiple ancient city centres that were never designed for cars so are rammed constantly. Driving is the worst possible idea.
>>
>>1217436
The main thing I'd say is that you've been far too ambitious with how many places you want to go to. There's not much point in visiting a city per day, you'll be exhausted and not actually get to really experience many of the places you visit. With 15 days you really only want to be going to 4-6 cities really, then you can enjoy them properly, and even 6 is a bit fast really.
>>
First off, scrap that Interrail shit and go with buses. Youre going on a very commercial route so check out Megabus for ridiculously cheap tickets.
>>
>>1217538
And going by train is the most expensive idea.
Go by bus as was already mentioned.
>>
>>1217436
15 days means 5 places max. Else you will spend all your time in the trains not doing anything.
>>
No matter what your plans might end up being, skip Frankfurt as there is nothing to do or see there.
>>
>>1217839
Between tax, insurance, petrol costs and the rental itself. Not to mention the fact that in a lot of European cities you'll have to stay further out of town to be able to find somewhere with parking, adding on public transport costs too, driving is far more expensive than the train and a lot slower and more annoying to boot. It's shit advice nobody on /trv/ should be suggesting.

As for busses they're the real alternative, but if they're only going for 15 days then I'll imagine they want to spend as little time actually on the road as possible, and busses are a lot slower. Is up to OP to decide whether that's worth it. There's a reason almost everyone who does a trip like this choses inter-rail, and that's because all things considered it generally is the best of every world.
>>
>>1217436
Why go to Frankfurt and cologne?

Just go from paris to amsterdam trhough belgium.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.