[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /trv/ I was sent here by /out/ because I'm planning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: route.jpg (278KB, 1129x893px) Image search: [Google]
route.jpg
278KB, 1129x893px
Sup /trv/
I was sent here by /out/ because I'm planning on hitchhiking from where I live now (Waco) to Raleigh, NC to get a fresh start. Do you guys have any tips or general advice about hitchhiking, especially since I've never done it before.
>>
>>1216705
No but go the northern route, Tennessee is much nicer than the nigger corridor that is I-20

don't know why you'd go to raleigh if you're broke though, waco is much cheaper. Get a job bum
>>
Don't carry any pot with you.
You will probably be checked out a couple times by cops I hitched from Panama City beach Florida to central pa
>>
>>1216705
Heads up, I posted a long reply to your other thread
>>
>>1216705
Took a look at your other thread on /out/. That long greentext that included the point about using short-distance signs was good advice.

Truck stops will be your friend for both rides and staying clean enough to get rides. Big truck stops offer showers to truckers with a large enough gas purchase. Truckers don't always need a shower when they qualify for one, so if you ask politely you may be able to use their shower points.

If you follow the advice about bringing a knife, it's probably better to keep it concealed than wearing it openly.

And keep in mind that the route you've planned isn't an easy route to hitch on. Best areas in the US for hitching in my experience tend to be the West Coast, where it's more common and culturally accepted.
>>
>>1216705
I'm from Raleigh. Why are you coming here?
>>
All answers here are on point. Guess I'll add, on ramps can be better for getting a ride. If you are on the highway, pick a spot where they can see you well in advance so they have time to decide. Make sure you're somewhere where there's room to pull over.

Also have water and food, you might be stranded for a day.

Me and a bud hitched from Jacksonville to Asheville in a day, hope you're journey is a quick one too.
>>
Remember that a sleeping bag is an absolute must. I've already seen idiots going without them and ending up panicking and paying for public transport because they didn't manage to get a ride before nightfall
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.