[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /trv/, starting in April I will be employed in Prague

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: cz.jpg (160KB, 1094x730px) Image search: [Google]
cz.jpg
160KB, 1094x730px
Hello /trv/,

starting in April I will be employed in Prague for at least 2 years. Currently I am looking for a flat/room/flatmates.
Anything I should be aware of? (estate agent commission, are monthly expenses included in rent, etc)

Would it be recommendable to search for places in the city or closer to the suburbs(work is ~15km from the city centre)?
Personally I tend to the latter since a shorter commute would mean less time wasted and gives me the option to use my bicycle to reach the workplace independently from buses.

Advanced question:
I like collecting and shooting old military firearms(~1847-1950). With my European Firearms Pass and a written invitation from a shooting range I can bring my guns over the border. This however is intended to be for a few days at most so unless I acquire a new invitation each week, things might get complicated. Should I ask the Foreign Police about a permanent permit or could I just do the course for the Czech firearm license to cover my guns brought from home?

But for now finding a nice place to live is the most important issue.
>>
>>1216122
Just look for a place in the "suburbs" - they're all towns and cities in their own right. It's easy to get into town. The central town is not of interest to locals anyway.
>>
>>1216122
What district will your work in? City centre means nothing to me. The entire city is walkable, biking accessible, so rideable whether trolleys or metro too. But, since you will do all seasons, you might actually get real advice by looking on a map and picking your neighborhood of work, like "Mala Strana" for instance.
I'm going to say that there are some sketchy folks in this city, so be specific what you want out of your home, from a walkable evening to expats who speak your specific language to full immersion. It's an odd place, and I think you'd want money to get some real safety.
>>
>>1216127
Thanks for the advice. My workplace is just to the southeast of Prague.
So far I've looked for flats in and around of Jesenice, Pruhonice and Prague 11.

>>1216129
Just past the city border along highway 1/E56. I would prefer "immersion" to expat culture, since I learned some Czech at university and would like to get more fluent. So initally I will need to use both English and German frequently but I hope that after a few months I can use Czech for basic day to day conversations.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.