[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna travel. But to keep this short: I'm American, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: redleaves.jpg (571KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
redleaves.jpg
571KB, 1920x1080px
I wanna travel. But to keep this short: I'm American, and I am on a lot of medication. Thyroid shit, sinus shit, anti-depression shit. How does one refill meds while travelling? In your home-nation or abroad? The anti-depressant and sleep stuff I'm not worried about much but I am worried about the thyroid crap.

pic not really related
>>
>>1216080
Get a large enough prescription before you leave
>>
>>1216087
as this goy says
unless in critical condition i doubt you can do otherwise
(italianon, works like that here)
>>
>>1216098

So I'd just tell my doc I'm going travelling for a while and to ask for like 3-6mo worth of meds?

idk why I haven't thought of that before lol
>>
>>1216099
>So I'd just tell my doc I'm going travelling for a while and to ask for like 3-6mo worth of meds?
That's what everyone does, of course. It can be expensive if you have insurance that doesn't cover your advance order. You may have to call or get reimbursed later, or just take it off your taxes.
It wouldn't hurt to travel with paper scripts in hand in case of lost luggage or theft. Six months is a lot. Three months? Your doctor won't blink and most insurance puts you on mail order for that. They actually prefer you get 3 months on prescriptions you've taken for years.

Do not count on same laws abroad, esp with the anti-depressant class. It could be harder to get refills abroad.
>>
>>1216106

Yeah, I was thinking MAYBE three months at most I guess. I just wanna travel lol I dunno where to.

Paper scripts would be a good idea too, never thought of that either.
>>
>>1216117
maybe check rules about quantity of drugs you can have in luggage and be sure you have the papers to prove they are for personal use etc etc
>>
depends a lot on where you are heading

in lots of countries, including most South America and South-East Asia, you just walk into any pharmacy and ask for your pills. No prescription necessary. It's better to look up your meds to check the name of the active substance, and alternative commercial names, as the latter are very different around the world.
This should work unless you have something super-new/exotic on your list.

In the worst case, you can visit a doctor abroad and get your prescription. Costs like 10 $ in the regions above.

Now, Europe is a different matter. You can buy jack shit without prescription, and a doctor visit can easily be 100$.
But if you have to - that's your option.

dunno about other regions.
>>
>>1216128
>Now, Europe is a different matter. You can buy jack shit without prescription, and a doctor visit can easily be 100$.
This.
You're shit out of luck if you want some Allegra-D, sudafed or some nyquil cough syrup without a trip to your doctor, or even cough drops, where you might get some balk about trying something natural instead even when you do go to the doctor. Good luck even buying a tylenol or aspirin without medical visits in some places too. So, pack it all in! As long as you have some kind of paperwork from your doctor, like just spend 5 minutes with your doctor and secretary, mention all the countries you might visit, and that you want some "records" to take with you, like just a medication list. Imagine yourself getting admitted to a foreign hospital for uhh, hrm, gall bladder pain, and they can't call your family doctor back home at 3am, what is your medication list you can hand over without needing the full physical. That's what you want , a simple letter with your diagnoses and medications listed. While you're at your local CVS, you can ask for a printout too, scan it or ask them to email to you, and throw it up on your cloud drive as well. It sounds silly, but could save you time and hassle.

It doesn't go without saying that you can't check all your meds. You put them in your carry-ons, which sadly is going to take up tons of room for 6 mos of meds. Delays on the tarmac,or on trains while on the tracks, lost bags, and pilfering of meds (which have high value to immigrants) is so common. You might portion out some into a couple pill weekly containers if you do wish to pack some of it.

List your drug classes if you want more expert info. Things that equate to pain meds whether truly an opiate, ADD and decongestant meds that equate to speed, or which are simply banned are you only worries. If anything you have that is classed or scheduled controlled in the US will need some paperwork to a dumb security guard.
>>
>>1216132
>>1216128

idk if I'd ever go abroad to Europe, I think sticking in the USA and MAYBE South America if I can afford to get across the border somehow lmao
>>
>>1216134

I'd love to visit South-East Asia but idk how I'd be getting there lol
>>
>>1216132
>muh allergies
Daily reminder that if you have allergies you should just infect yourself with some parasitic worms, IgE evolved to target worms and reintroducing them into your system will essentially eliminate your allergies.

>t. microbiologist
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.