[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi lads, I'm planning a trip of around 1 month in Western

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Romance_20c_en.png (168KB, 3355x2372px) Image search: [Google]
Romance_20c_en.png
168KB, 3355x2372px
Hi lads, I'm planning a trip of around 1 month in Western France to visit my gf's family. I have around $2000, would that be enough? I plan on going to Brittany, east to Rouen, south through Paris to Orléans, then to Bordeaux and back to Brittany.
>>
I'm doing the same thing with double the time and money, buy a train pass, taken night trains to catch up on sleep rather than hostels and you'll be fine
>>
Yes that can be enough. Use Airbnb and avoid hotels as much as possible. Consider an Eurail pass if you plan to visit only cities. Rent a car if you want to see the countryside. Remember that tipping is not usual in France. At most you can leave spare change but it's not expected. The one place where you should not be cheap is food. Tourism in France is as much about beautiful landscapes and architecture as it is about delicious food.

French do not have the commercial smile common in America. Being non-smiling is not them being rude but being neutral. When they do smile they mean it.

As for the time, i suggest June. The weather would be good enough for Northern France and most places would still not yet be infested with foreign tourists.
>>
>>1215767
Yeah, we were thinking about using Airbnb, she has family in Vannes and Caen we can room with, and we can use their car, but I don't know if it'd be cheaper to do that considering how expensive gasoline is there.

We were planning on going in July as well, that's when I would save up enough money from being a wagie for a while. The only touristy places we were planning on visiting were le Mont-Saint-Michel, and of course all the museums in Paris.

Personally, I'm more interested in Normandy and Bordeaux, but she wants me to see Paris for the first time, I don't know what's there besides Africans, Notre Dame, the Louvre, and the Eiffel Tower though.
>>
>>1215766
The government has killed night trains.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.