[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As someone who isn't American how can I legally move to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1776.jpg (224KB, 695x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1776.jpg
224KB, 695x300px
As someone who isn't American how can I legally move to LA with no real skill or talent
>>
You can't unless you wanna live in an extremely overcrowded house/apartment on the east side with Mexicans and Nicaraguans and work for $3/hr illegally at a hotel cleaning up shit.
>>
>>1215285
>Legally
Just show up on a travel visa those folks will fight to keep you
>>
>>1215285
Why LA? I'm sure there are overpriced shitholes closer to where you live.
>>
>>1215300
>those folks will fight to keep you

Why
>>
>>1215301
I already live in one, I'm looking for a warm and sunny overpriced shithole instead
>>
>>1215305
Spain would be infinitely cheaper, safer, and has better culture. Job prospects would be fucked though (but not much worse than LA).
>>
>>1215303
Because they're utopian idealists who honestly and truly believe that if you're just nice to others, they will never harm you for any reason.
>>
There are lotteries in some countries that grant you a green card if you win.
>>
>>1215305
Why LA? why not>>1215306

Or Portugal, or Bangkok or any countless number of not shit areas when compared to LA.
>>
>>1215326
theres no white girls in either of those places
>>
>>1215452
Dont worry im not black
>>
>>1215285
People have this view of LA like it's the best place to live. I am assuming because of movies. But it's a sprawling suburban mess with shit traffic. There are better places in the US with a decent climate to live.
>>
>>1215303
Because they're pathetic and hate their country.

What he said is 100% true though. You CAN actually do that.
Bonus if you aren't white
>>
>>1215942
This, LA is such a sprawled out mess.

Fun if you have money and aren't living a 9-5 job though.
>>
>>1215303
DUDE EQUALITY LMAO
>>
>>1215942
Like where? Genuinely curious
>>
Why bother moving legally when nobody else does? Just get a low-paying job cutting some billionaire's grass and live in the barrio like the rest of the world.
>>
>>1215285
Unfortunately, as an American, I have to say there are probably better places to move than the US. Some countries allow citizenship for a dollar amount or purchasing land. How many languages do u speak?
>>
>>1217912
1 and it's English. Also I'm white
>>
>>1218056
this is the most american thing ever.
Crazy how they didn't offer you a citizenship yet ...
>>
You have only two legal options:
1. Marry a US citizen
2. Fight with police in your country and seek asylum in the US
>>
All memes and jokes aside (the US has actually been deporting record numbers of illegals the last 10 years) there is actually a way to do this if you're under 30.

Go to coolworks and find a seasonal hospitality job that will sponsor you for a J1 visa. Once you get over here and make some money, find a community college that will sponsor you on a student visa and get a 2 year degree in a desired technical field. There are plenty of non-profits that will help you find a school and scholarships to pay for it. Once you get your degree you can apply for permanent residency and starting working towards full citizenship.

Somehow I feel like you're not going to go through all that effort, though. So instead I recommend you get a shitty job, save up some money, move to Belize and buy an ice cream stand.
>>
It's very easy to get a business visa if you are ready to invest 500k in rural American property or even some government bonds. one million real estate investment would so the trick in LA or a burb as well.
>>
>>1218254
>have 500k
>post on 4chan about being an illegal immigrant

talk about far fetched

>>1218251
>>1218206
This.
>>
If you want to marry a US citizen, your best bet is to find some middle-aged rich fag in Seattle and become his boy toy. Yeah, you'll have to some old man dick for at least a few years, but it's a better bet than trying to get an American woman to marry your NEET ass.
>>
>suck a million dicks for 10 dollars each
>invest in downtown LA highrise studio apartment
>?????
>>
LA is a sprawling mess of a city with a shit system of public transportation. The traffic never fucking ends there. That said, you'll meet a lot of interesting people in LA, and if you don't mind paying a lot to live there it's a unique city. I'd recommend San Diego if you aren't interested in working in the film industry or any other kind of media though. While still fairly expensive, San Diego is more beautiful year round, with better public transportation, and it's safer. Besides that, in San Diego you can surf, and hike, and it's great for bicycling. Although if you want to work in finance, I've heard San Francisco is second in the US to only NYC for that. If not, forget San Francisco. I can probably answer any other questions you have about San Diego though.
>>
>>1215317
I think it's more about trying to assist minorities and the less fortunate, and battling Trump on anything possible, than it is about expecting anything in return.
>>
>>1217649
You're either one of those argumentative types who is going to dispute any answer to this, or your question can be resolved with a simple google search.
>>
>>1218619
>have 10 million dollars in LA
>move to an apartment in downtown
>>
File: 11-14-17.jpg (240KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
11-14-17.jpg
240KB, 800x530px
>>1215285
>>1220267
Do not fucking move to San Diego. You'll be done in 2 months without a job lined up.

It's insanely expensive, insanely competitive, and insanely crowded.

Everyone who, like the OP, wants to move someplace warm like Los Angeles without a plan on how to make it happen winds up moving to San Diego. Then they spend their entire savings on rent and find that even bussing tables requires several years of experience.

This city is full of transplant burnouts who have greatly underestimated the cost of living. Don't be one of them.

It is beautiful! Do come for a visit.
>>
>>1215285
The US has a visa lottery system. I'm surprised no one mentioned it. 50,000 green cards are issued each year, but a shitload of people apply, so it's pretty competitive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_Immigrant_Visa

Basically, requirements are:
>possess at least a high school education or have two years of work experience that requires at least two years of training
>no criminal record
>good health
>prove means to be able to support yourself

If you're from Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam, you're ineligible.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/diversity-visa/entry.html
>>
>>1221054
I guess I missed his "no skills or talent" line. Nobody with no immediate plan or massive sum of cash set aside should ever move to any large city. Rather, I suggested SD as a better alternative to the mess that is LA.
>>
>>1215285
>people with no real skill or talent

That's literally what LA is for
>>
>>1215285
Mmm are you from a different country?

If you aint a legal citizen then its gonna be kinda hard for you to find work, especially if you got no skill or talent
>>
>>1215285
>As someone who isn't American how can I legally move to LA with no real skill or talent

Unless you have brown skin or are Muslim, forget it
>>
>>1221054
>Then they spend their entire savings on rent and find that even bussing tables requires several years of experience.
This is deadass new york
>>
>>1220282
Not him but he was just asking for suggestions. seems like you just cant give a decent answer.
>>
>>1220282
How'd he give you that impression? Answer the question if you actually have better ideas for the man.
>>
>>1215285
I am moving to Los Angeles to do an internship for 12 weeks this summer.

What are the essential things to see while I'm there? I know very little about the area as I am from the East coast and never expected to end up in LA.
>>
>>1215285
Isn't LA a sanctuary city? In theory, anybody can come to LA and stay forever. Or am I mistaken?
>>
>>1221893
Not really. A sanctuary city just sort of vaguely means that city cops won't bust people who are here illegally. That won't stop ICE or the Border Patrol from doing their thing. Deportation will always be a looming possibility.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.