[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 2 weeks between these three places, none of us are huge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: swap-japan-splash.jpg (404KB, 1170x600px) Image search: [Google]
swap-japan-splash.jpg
404KB, 1170x600px
I have 2 weeks between these three places, none of us are huge weaboos or anything, mostly just a trip for 3 people (2 women 1 man) to get away from work.

>Tokyo
>Kyoto
>Seoul

I was personally thinking

>week Tokyo
>4 days Kyoto
>3 days Seoul
>>
ok.
>>
>>1214951
>>1214923
Fuck I forgot to post my actual question

>How would /trv/ split up 2 weeks between these three places?
>>
File: IMG_20170104_181355611.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170104_181355611.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
I've spent like two weeks total in Kyoto, I really like it there. always something to see. On the other hand, I've spent over three weeks in Tokyo and there's also plenty do to. I would skip Seoul, seems like a hassle to get there and back.
>>
>>1214953
Less time in Kyoto, unless you're really into Japanese heritage stuff. Tokyo is a bit dull during the day but the nightlife is insane.

Never been to Seoul though
>>
>>1214969
Why do people say skip Seoul? I liked it a lot more than Tokyo
>>
>>1214969
I love Kyoto, i'd give anything to just sit around at that square above Kyoto station right now man

I've been there three times, going back to japan in November and I'm so sad I won't be going to Kyoto, its my favourite place in the entire country

>>1215054
only time I went to Seoul I was quite sick the whole duration but I recall it just being a dirtier shittier Japan, and I've been to Thailand and SEA. Perhaps I set my expectations too high but I didn't find it that remarkable. At least motorists didn't try and fucking kill me by ignoring street signs in tokyo.
>>
>>1215054
>Seoul
>I liked it a lot more than Tokyo

Soooo... you didn't leave your hotel room in Tokyo or something.

I mean, I like Seoul too, just damn man. It's all but objectively worse.
>>
>>1214923
Depends on your interest. If you enjoy life out, meeting new people, eating and drinking cheap I'd suggest more days in Seoul.

If you're more of a traditional temple and shit guy I'd spend more time in Kyoto and maybe Osaka/Nara
>>
>>1215068
Funnily enough i too was very sick in Seoul, caught bronchitis on the subway. And they are the most anal country about your health when immigrating in the world.
>>
>>1215092
You literally can't know that you caught it on the subway dude. You could have caught it anywhere.
>>
Plenty of weebs here expecting seoul to be tokyo jr. Most love animu, traditional touristy shit and hates social interaction.

in case you wonder where the haters come from.

I've lived in both, currently working in chinarr. ama
>>
>>1215090
>If you enjoy life out, meeting new people, eating and drinking cheap I'd suggest more days in Seoul.
But you can do this in Tokyo too

Personally, I don't care for South Korea, so it really depends on which country interests you more op
>>
>>1215104
No. A yakiniku evening in Tokyo will end up in 1-200 bucks while in Seoul you will have a hard time ever going over 50 for just beer and meat.
>>
>>1215106
Yakiniku isn't the only way to eat in Japan
>>
>>1215106
brah I never spent over 2k on a single meal in Japan, and being Japan I ate out most of the time.
>>
Osaka > Tokyo

People there are friendlier, food is better and less greasy, everything is cheaper, the city may be a bit grittier but the overall feeling is more laid back than Tokyo. Also that Kansai-ben is cuter than Tokyo dialect.

I studied 3 months in Tokyo and just getting from apartment to school and back was tiring. But yeah Tokyo at night is crazy.
>>
>>1215110
Sure you can suck a ramen out of a 7 eleven and drown it with beer, but that too will be cheaper in Korea.

Japan is cleaner and nicer. But if you want to drink cheap and socialize easy just spend more time in Seoul.
>>
You can get full at (Matsu,Suki,Yoshino)ya for 500 yen, 1000yen at a conveyor sushi. Also department basements and supermarket are full of yummy cheap meals.
>>
>>1215161
If I want to eat and drink I'd just invite some friends over and have bbq. Why the fuck would you spend $1000 on a flight for that?
>>
>>1215161
I can't believe the only food you can get in Japan are yakiniku and ramen
>>
Kyoto fucking sucks.
>>
>>1215095
It was when i first started getting a slight cough and was the only time i was packed in with other people. I'm quite certain.
>>
Definitely stay longer in Seoul as all of the districts are worth seeing. There are so many city centers and all of them are different when it comes to food served, acomodations and the people you will meet. I recommend you to try out staying a night in a traditional Korean home, sleep on the floor and listen to crickets while sipping tea. I have a guy that can help you out with the Korean guest house part in the middle of Seoul for only 80.000 KWON a night if you are interested.

People are very helpful and will be happy to help and spend time with any foreigner as long as you are not a nigger or dirty hippie. Avoid the Chinese people at all cost, Jesus I hate their hordes of unpolite tourists. If you are not a weeb, Korea is the place to be.

t. European travel guy
>>
skip seoul and spend more days in Japan instead. Japan offers travelers EVERYTHING that south korea offers, except the japanese version is much better.
>>
>>1215775
It's also costlier and the Korean cuisine isn't as good.
>>
>>1215799
worth the money imho
if you've had one korean meal you've pretty much had them all. the food in japan is much more diverse.
>>
>>1214923
I haven't seen anyone else suggest this, but skip seoul and go to busan instead, if your schedule allows it ofcourse.

Seoul felt kind of shallow and pretend, it didn't feel authentic at all

Busan feels alot more vibrant, and the nightlife is insane, the slightlt nicer climate also helps

I would suggest the same days as you suggested, but replace seoul with busan
>>
>>1214923
>>1214923
>>1214923
I am in a similar situation to OP, however I only have time for 2 cities, one of which is 100% going to be tokyo.

>Kyoto
>Seoul
>Osaka

I have no interest in japanese culture or history really, and the same goes for Korea, I am mostly just going to experience new shit. As of now I am planning on going to Seoul mostly because it will allow me to check another country off my list, and because I love Korean food. Should I do this, or is Kyoto or Osaka a better expierence than Seoul?
>>
>>1215852
>>
>>1215775
>>
>>1215817
This this this

Nearly all my positive memories of Korea came from Busan. Ideally I'd say do both but if you must go for Busan.
>>
>>1215858
Every. Fucking. Thread.
>>
>>1215817
>>1215883
Might be going to Busan in a couple of months, (around may) I don't know what I should expect from it. I've also wanted to visit the DPRK border or is it too much of a hassle from there?
>>
>>1214923
My advice: spend more time in Kyoto than in Tokyo.
I've been twice to both, total 8 days in Kyoto and 6 in Tokyo, and I haven't had time to see all I wanted to see in Kyoto.

I'd go with:
- 3-4 days in Tokyo (possibly with a day-trip to Nikko or Kamakura)
- 7-8 days in Kyoto (with day-trips to Nara, Osaka or Himeji)
- 3 days to Seoul (I don't know Seoul at all, but 3 days feels like a minimum to discover a city)
>>
>>1216314
Not samefag, but... Chill at the top of shinsegae or lotte or whichever is the largest mall there, it's free and it has an awesome view of the whole city including the port and bridges. There's a rooftop café there, too.

Get fresh soup at the fish market
Or get any fresh food if you're into seafood. I personally hate seafood, but still loved the vibe of that neighborhood for whatever reason. I mean you can fucking see the fisherman offload the fresh goods from their ships, cannot get much better than that.

When I ended up doing the 'follow the locals' thing, I ended up in the bestest galbi place (some bbq sort of deal) in a tiny attic. The old ladies running the places attempted to describe the set menus first, but even when they pointed at others tables I was just like, I don't care, bring me anything..... Oh god, best meal what I had in Korea, and I had some good stuff there.
The people had more natural noses compared to Seoul, also natural skin color.
Public transport seemed to close down earlier, but taxis were plenty anyway.
The only disappointment was the BIFF venue for me, it looked cool, but there was literally nothing going on inside.
The mall next to it had some good movies, though, in English, too, so that saved it for me.

Idk there's much more to do there than what I just listed... Also if they have Veteran (the Korean movie) on the plane while you go there, watch the beginning scenes. Or maybe watch it on youtube. The opening scenes were shot in the port of Busan, pretty fun.
Idk that place just has a good vibe.
>>
So I'm learning that Korea isn't good if you look black.

Noted.
>>
>>1217405
A week in Kyoto? The temples are beautiful but after you've seen the must-see top 5 you'll start to bore of them. Everything shuts in Kyoto at 5 and there's no nightlife, so i don't see why you wouldn't stay in Osaka most of the time.
>>
>>1214923
week tokyo
2 days kyoto
5 days Seoul
>>
Week in Tokyo then split a week between Osaka and Kyoto. Don't bother with Seoul. It's a dirty shithole where all the old building are reconstructions built in the 70s and the only worthwhile activities are drinking and shopping.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.