[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im going to Taiwan for a week to visit an old friend. What should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 9006267_orig.gif (12KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
9006267_orig.gif
12KB, 400x267px
Im going to Taiwan for a week to visit an old friend. What should I expect ? Im from Canada btw
>>
7-11 everywhere
>>
>>1214671
intresting
>>
>>1214682
other than that, you could rent a scooter from a western guy, he doesn't require any driving license but a deposit at 2-3k NT$. just look up the intenet, he has his own site with contacts, called something "bikefarm" shit like that
Take your stroll through YangMingShan National park north of Taipei, its much easier to enter from Shilin Area.
Take a day and get your ass to Hualien where you have to take a rental scooter again costing 400-600 NT$ a day. Drive up the coast to Taroko National Park and enjoy your 3600 metres above the sea level lift.
Any questions to add?
>>
I dare you to change currency at the airport.
As I've heard they're opening new MRT line from airport to downtown Main Station. Dont have to drop cheese on expensive ass taxis.

Spent 6 months livings in Taipei
>>
>>1214699
thx for the info dude will check it out
>>
food
>>
>>1214702
Okay, you got my curiosity up, why not change money in the airport????
>>
>>1214914
Im interested too.. going to Taiwan in April. My guess if its anything like Canada they give you par - 50%.
>>
>>1214671
What is with asians and 7-11?
In Hong Kong i counted 4 in a 100m stretch
They're absolutely fucking everywhere
>>
>>1214914
>>1214928
commissions are usually a lot higher than in the cities because airports are naturally the first place you want to change cash. Get it changed beforehand, or only a small amount if you really need it.
>>
>>1214999
cheap already cooked food, when its helly hot outside you may come in n chill, buy snacks alco cigs drinks anything
On the real thing, its waaaaaaaay cheaper to purvhase your food inventories at costco, carrefour and any other supermarket
i.e pringles big pack at 7-11 - 2 dollars
carrefour - 1,3 dollars
>>
>>1214664
>>1214914

The north has Jiufen, the oceanside town that Spirted Away was based on. For sights, Taipei has 101, Elephant Mountain, Taiwan

Democracy Memorial Park, and Tamshui. For art, it has Huashan 1914 Creative Park, Songshan Creative Park, Treasure Hill, &

MajiMaji. If you like Myanmarian food, go to Huaxin rd aka "Little Myanmar". Night Marketwise, Raohe & Linjiang have tons of

good food.

The east coast is a nature lovers paradise, you have Yilan / Hualien / Taidong. Yilan I've yet to go to, but have heard the

scenery's good, and it has the Kavalan Whiskey distillery. Hualien has the Taroko Gorge nearby. Taidong can take you to some of

the outer islands, Green Island & Orchid Island.

Down south, you have Tainan, Kenting, and Kaohsiung.

Tainan is the old capital, and now the food center of Taiwan. If you like history, go to Anping or Chikan Tower. For art, go to

Qimei Museum, The Cultural Center or Xinmei rd. For eating as much good food as you can, just walk around Guohua rd / Youai rd, or

go to Huayuan night market. You can also get to Penghu Island from Anping.

Kaohsiung is a lot like Tainan, but with more western influence. Here you can find good European / American food. As for places to

see, go to Pier 2, LDR, Xiziwan, Lotus Pond, Fo Guang Shan Temple, Monkey Mountain, Rueifang night market, Cijian Island,

Xiaoliuqiu.

Kenting is where everybody goes to the beach.

As for the west, you have Alishan National Park for an ancient forest. Ershui / Jiji for cycling in rice paddies / mountains.

Yuanlin for a good small town experience. Taichung for Indian food and Luce Chapel. Miaoli for Tea Sage Hut.

Lmk what you're in to and I can give you more specific suggestions
>>
>>1215004
The commission can't be that bad, can it? I was led to believe the Bank of Taiwan had a booth at the airport that exchanged currency at exactly the same rate as in the city
>>
>>1214664
> I'm from Canada btw

They don't like barbaric mainlanders there. Sorry.
>>
New anon here

What about bars and drinking?

And how about Western QTs? Are there any? And if so where should I go to meet them?
>>
How about the TOCFL test?

I comfortably passed the HSK4 and the HSKK oral a while back but haven't studied much since... until recently beginning to work on traditional characters.

Anyone have experiences of doing toe TOCFL tests in Taiwan?
>>
>>1214702
>Dont have to drop cheese on expensive ass taxis.
why would you even consider taking a taxi when there are 150NTD buses leaving literally nonstop
>>
TELL ME INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT TAIWAN, YOU FUCKS
>>
>>1217922
Taiwan is an island that looks like a sweet potato
>>
>>1217922
read
>>1215287

It would also help if you gave us an idea of what you're looking for
>>
not OP but im gonna spend 10 days in taiwan starting from tomorrow, heard good things about the nature there on the east coast, can i combine both some important stops on the west coast whilst enjoying nature as well and then go back and fly from taipei?
>>
>>1218228
10 days is not enough for an (enjoyable) island roundtrip malayman

If you want to push it you go from taipei to hualien, then take the train to kaohsiung from there and take the high speed rail back up the west coast making a stop at tainan
>>
>>1214664
expect General Tsos chicken
>>
>>1218156
I'm looking for an answer to this: >>1215318

I want to know about the drinking scene in all the cities. And Jiufen. Is there anything going on there at night?
>>
>>1219620
why would you stay the night at jiufen?
there hardly is anything going on during daytime apart from hordes of tourists walking down that one road with tourist shops catering for tourists
never been there at night but i'm almost certain it is completely dead by the time the last bus has left

>drinking scene in all the cities
you go to bars and order drinks
go to the irish pubs which generally seem to be the whitey hotspots and enjoy cringy english teachers with their monkey girlfriends
>>
>>1219620
read
>>1219646

Taiwan isn't a place for partying. If you're looking for that, you're better off in SEA
>>
>>1218262
How long would you recommend? I'm planning on going this summer.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.