[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ive given up on life and have decided to simply run away. Where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: 30fE4RS.jpg (78KB, 748x500px) Image search: [Google]
30fE4RS.jpg
78KB, 748x500px
Ive given up on life and have decided to simply run away. Where can i go to escape while i figure things out?
>21
>from UK
>have ~£20k
>speak only english and an embarrassing amount of french
>>
Having 20k in pounds as a 21-year old (like myself) is pretty good. I can't help you, but good luck
>>
>>1214064
i work 48-hours a week, live with my parents and dont have a social life, nothing about my life is pretty good
>>
>>1214065
No, I mean money-wise it sounds pretty good. At least you have the discipline to work that much, I should be doing the same thing...

So what I meant is that with 20k as a 21-year old is not a bad place to be coming from if you want to "run away".

You could basically go anywhere dude, depending on how long you're thinking that you're going to stay
>>
You might be tempted to fuck off across the sea to Canada, but it's expensive there and I wouldn't recommend it, especially if an escape for you doesn't involve full-time employment (or the eventual, desperate hope for it anyways).

Any place that sees quite a few tourists yet remains relatively rural, like any of many places in tropical asian countries, will prove to be affordable and hospitable enough to stick around for many months at a time with relatively simple lifestyle changes.
>>
>>1214063
Go out the UK
Do not go to france
>>
>>1214067
didnt mean to sound ungrateful i know i have a decent amount of money and i actually like working in general but i feel like im wasting my youth. Thinking about pissing around in Europe for a while
>>
>>1214072
Well the longer you can tolerate keeping up working, the bigger an escape you can make. But do you just want to travel for some months and figure things out, or are you thinking about relocating for at least several years?
>>
>>1214063
go live the american dream baby. we are the new americana
>>
>>1214074
I enjoy my work and I make good money for my age but I just feel like I am wasting my youth working
>>1214075
I only graduated high school, and have no STEM or related qualifications. You guys still want me?
>>
>>1214063
Go to India. Either it will awake a lust for some level of adventure in you, or it will shock you enough to make you content of your life in the UK.
>>
>>1214080
any place/route in particular?
>>
>>1214065
>nothing about my life is pretty good
>20-fucking-k saved up at 21.
Get absolutely fucked.

You could go fucking anywhere, you could piss around in most places for years on end.
>>
File: IMG_1777.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1777.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>1214063
Don't piss around and waste money. Find a passion and enjoy it.

If I were you I would go down my path. That would involve you learning how to play poker well, this isn't difficult, as you'll find poker is mainly math+a little bit of game theory. If you are decent with fractions you have all that you need.

15k sterling is enough for a good bankroll. I would save up another 10k sterling ( so 25k total ) for living expenses for 8-12 months. Once you are confident/showing returns ( you should spend as much time as you can practicing in lower stakes ) then move to wherever you want and play poker for a living.

It took me too long to realize that this is the good life. I started my journey to get here when I was 21 as well, I'm 24 now. I am currently on vacation in Banff, Canada, but I live in Chang Mai/Medellin/Krakow during the regular year.

You won't become rich, but if you can apply discipline and practice, you can make enough to live comfy in so many different places globally by playing cards.
>>
>>1214063
Hey Caulfield, you sure grew up a bit
>>
Come to Australia and get on the sesh mate
>>
Fly to Morocco, rent a motorbike, and just drive into the desert.
>>
File: 1487114241086.jpg (65KB, 637x448px) Image search: [Google]
1487114241086.jpg
65KB, 637x448px
here pic related , its my 2nd home.
>>
Go to thailand, 20k in pounds will last you like 2 and a half years, that's not even shoe string budget. You probably won't stay for that long, but you could easily do all of asia over a year.
>>
>>1214063
If you want to live somewhere remote, and get paid a lot, look >>1214070
Nunavut. I wanna get a job in Nunavut once I gradute from uni.
https://illhavenunavut.wordpress.com/so-you-want-to-move-to-the-north/
>>
>>1214063
>embarrassing amount of french

this tells me nothing...
>>
>>1214095
I had 10k at 17, two summers worth of dough and no expenses... While 20k is a big amount relative to its liquidity, you can't settle down on your own with that much.
>>
>>1214099
Not OP, but can you explain pls? Was thinking about the same thing for some time now.
How did you get good? Any books/blogs or other sources you could recommend?
>>
lad, go live in a favela in Brazil for a while. 20k will last you at least a couple of years.
>>
>>1214081
Honestly, just go. Land in whatever airport has the cheapest flight ticket, then move to the opposite side of the country.
Ask around people what's nice to see, interesting people to meet and so on, your travel map will plot itself.

Money is not an issue for you, neither is time. Make the most of both.
>>
>>1214063
>Ive given up on life and have decided to simply run away.

No matter where you go, there you are.

The problem is almost never about where you are, it is almost always about who you are. Travel is a wonderful thing to do: it is not a cure-all for being an unhappy person. Work on who you are.
>>
Think her running away will affect your family. Are you really prepared to cut all ties?

If you are, then I suggest going somewhere cheap like south east Asia where your money will last a few years if you're smart. You will find a large community of white outcasts over there so you won't be alone. I wish you luck and keep us updated with your decision
>>
Apply to some university in the country of your choice.
>>
>>1214502
I have no true passion in life, I though travel might help me figure out what I want to do/study
>>
>>1214454
I agree with this. I would say take a vacation. Do an adventure, try to figure out what makes you happy.
>>
>>1214536
I highly recommend something that involves doing manual labor, like whatever that program is where you go work on organic farms in other countries. If you haven't done it before, there's more perspective to be gained from that kind of work than I can properly outline here.

Definitely travel as part of it too. They're both valuable experiences.

At some point though, everyone makes a leap of faith to decide what to do with their lives. Just remember that even as long a path as becoming a doctor can potentially be only the first of two or three careers in a lifetime. The important thing is that you throw yourself into it or else you will regret it.
>>
>>1214063
Eastern Europe is good, safe and cheap. People speak English well enough, and for 20k you can live like a fucking king in some places. My personal favorites are Estonia and Lithuania. Ukraine is also good
>>
>>1214063
Listen you little ingrate, your family worked blood sweat and tears for generations to get you that money, dont pissnit away on some selfish little crytrip, put on the big boy pants and figure your shit out like a man. Thats a down payment on a house or a college education paid for.

Get your shit together kiddo
>>
>20k quid saved at 21

Go fuck yourself, OP.
>>
How would visas work? Would you just travel without one and try to avoid the government or something? and what if you dont know how long youre staying
>>
>>1215551
>>1215553
I worked for my money saving really isn't hard when you work from 17+ and don't have a social life. I don't owe anything to anybody
>>
>>1214063
yo man, come to South America. Cheap, easy to learn language, good looking girls, lots of things to do.

I've been here for a year, if you want some tips or coming over, feel free to ask.

Good luck, Britbong.
>>
>>1214591
Would love more info on Living in Estonia.

Not OP but want to move to Tallinn to Live or finish studies. Any info is appreciated, monthly living cost estimate, anything.
>>
>>1214063
With that much, you could just go to any south american country (chill, almost any, dont pick venezuela or some shit like that, with any i mean mexico or argentina).
and live there all comfy for a while, while also having money to go drinking and shit, probably will last you about 3-8 months depending on your drinking aaaaand expending habits.

Plus you could also meet nice people around there, if you go to mexico, rent at xochilmilco or some other cheap area and go drinking to condesa and polanco wich are some of the places where you can drink and have a good talk in english and maybe meet other tourists or people residing there, at argentina you could either go to montevideo or rosario, those places are nice to go and you wont get that much hate from those fuckers.

Hope you get your shit straight anon.

P.S, i've lived on both places and im currently at mexico.
>>
>>1216007
>mexico
>south american country
>montevideo, argentina

I'm sure you know what you are talking about
>>
>>1214063
OP here just an update im flying to Goa in two weeks so thanks to >>1214318
>>
>>1214079
STEM is a meme. If you like working, you could probably find something to get started, especially with the money safety net you have
>>
>>1215998

I'm not joking, I think you would find better advice on Reddit

Reading this thread it is clear that everybody here is a cunt who has no interest in helping you whatsoever
>>
>>1214063
>>1214065
>>1214072
>>1214079

http://teflbootcamp.com/finding-tefl-jobs/china-tefl-guide/teaching-internships-in-china-no-degree-required/
>>
>>1219148
@OP if you have a throw away email or facebook I could pingpong a few ideas with you, I have family in a lot of different countries so if you need advice from one of those I can get you advice from people that have lived there for years.
>>
>>1214063
I went to aus when i was a yound lad for near 2 years. Went there with 3 grand, that money did not last too long and a working hholiday visa is highly recommended as its expensive.. but the minimum wage is like 17 dollars an hour mate. I was getting 20 an hour working hospitality and tips.

The women are mmental and horny. And everyone lives by the beach. Will take you a while to get climattized though. So if you go for a few weeks ull be sweating and itll be tough.

But if you stick it out and get use to the cclimate. holy fuckk man. youll be laughing with 20k. Alothough the exchange rate is dog shhit atm for aus > uk money.

But damn man.. it'll change ya.

I also went NZ with about 2 grannd saved up .. but NZ was so mediocre.

Its like the Wales of UK. Colder flatter.. more "country" styled but still has that slight exoctic and wild feel that part of the globe has.

And fuuuck Maori ppl fight ALOT,
>>
>>1214196
you can't buy property maybe but you can rent and furnish a decent sized apartment for half a year at least for that that money depending on where you're going.
>>
>>1214063
I travelled through europe for 3 years and I started with 800 euro. Ended with less than 100..
>>
>>1217343

>>1214318 here
Enjoy Goa and India OP, I wish everything goes well for you.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.