[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Shangri-La exist? Can someone recommend me the most beautiful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Artax_Falcor_Atreyu_Bastian.jpg (189KB, 848x565px) Image search: [Google]
Artax_Falcor_Atreyu_Bastian.jpg
189KB, 848x565px
Does Shangri-La exist?

Can someone recommend me the most beautiful tropical place to hike? The type you see in movies with amazing wildlife and beautiful waterfalls.

I’ve hiked in Hawaii but it still felt like I was in a tourist place. I’m looking for a more remote Garden of Eden. For starters, I’ve seen images of Belize and Indonesia that look amazing. Any more recommendations??
>>
I've never been myself but I know a couple of people that went to St. Vincent and the Grenadines and they said it was absolutely stunning
>>
Isn't there an extremely high risk of being bitten by something venomous, like snakes or spiders, when hiking in such a tropical place?

I've never understood how it can be safe walking around in rain forests in South America or something like that
>>
>>1214060
Contrary to your fears, venomous creatures don't hunt people, and actively avoid them. The vast majority of bites occur when someone stumbles around in the dark and accidentally steps on something. Nothing jumps out in the middle of a trail when they see a human coming and think "time to eat!". Same goes for big jungle predators barring a starving leopard or any tiger because they don't give a fuck.
>>
>>1214078
Yeah I guess that makes sense, I'd just have thought that even during the day, you might step on something on a trail or something like that. What about insects? Aren't there a lot of insects that can make you at least very sick, besides malaria-infected mosquitos?

Also, if anyone else who's afraid of insects has gone to Asia, specifically China, how did you cope with those big cockroaches? I know this sounds stupid, but I had some bad drug experiences with DPH some years ago, and it has unfortunately made me scared af of most insects, even though I hate saying it because it's ridiculous.
>>
>>1214027
Seems like a small place but I'm looking into it.

>>1214078
Pretty true. I'm an avid California hiker. Last year I encountered a mountain lion, which is supposed to be one of the more dangerous animals to approach. I just kept eye contact with it as I slowly walked past it. I had my pocket knife ready in my hand and I was scared shitless but it didn't do anything. It actually lost interest, turned around and walked away.

>>1214115
Isn't DPH just Benadryl? How did you have a bad experience with that unless you used it idiotically?

And as for the thread topic, Any more places? Does the Amazon still have amazing untouched jungles or have humans touched every corner of it?
>>
>>1214121
Yeah but in high doses it causes delirium and very realistic hallucinations. It's quite a unique experience not really comparable to any other class of drugs (besides other deliriants), but I'm really bad at handling even the small insects we have here in Northern Europe as a result.
>>
You're not gonna find anything better than Hawaii, OP. I'm surprised you weren't satisfied by it. I never even went outside of Oahu and all the hikes I did there were wandering around Jurassic Park-tier scenery, picking fresh tropical fruit off trees and relaxing in the tranquility of the bamboo forests and and banyans. Sure the waterfalls are crowded but if you keep hiking past those you hardly see any other people.
If what you're searching for exists, it's probably one of the lesser-traveled Pacific or Carribean islands.
>>
>>1214121
>Does the Amazon still have amazing untouched jungles or have humans touched every corner of it?
Depends on if you include traditional indigenous groups in your definition of human touch. Essentially every part of the Amazon has had people in it for the past few thousand years.

There are still plenty of places there that have never seen non-Stone Age technology, but those spots are all very remote.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.