[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to the Philippines in april, heard pick pockets are a big

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1461568939448.jpg (49KB, 662x625px) Image search: [Google]
1461568939448.jpg
49KB, 662x625px
Going to the Philippines in april, heard pick pockets are a big problem. Any ideas on ways to avoid this? I was thinking of a pouch i could wear around my neck that would be flat enough to fit flush under my shirt. Any ideas?

Pic unrelated
>>
Carry a fake wallet.
Keep important documents and money hidden and hard to access (in your shoes, that neck pouch thing, a leg pouch under your shorts/trousers or in your underwear).
Keep only enough money for small transaction somewhere easy to access.
>>
Also, never pat wherever you're hiding your money/documents to check if it's still there. You may be tempted to do this if you see some kind of warning about pick pocketers in the area (a sign or whatever).
Patting just shows the pickpocketers where you're hiding the dough. (if you want to pat, pat the fake wallet)
>>
>>1213948
Thanks man, thats solid advice definitely gonna keep a fake wallet and try to find a pouch or something online
>>
fanny pack
>>
>>1213948
But how would they steal a pouch in secret, if it's in my underwear or under my shirt, even if they see me patting it?
>>
I just kept everything in my front pockets. That way, if they want my wallet, theyre gonna have to touch my dick too, so I guess everyone wins
>>
Don't put money etc. in your back pockets, it's easy to take it without you noticing. And necklaces and earings are easily snatched.
>>
>>1214111
Pickpocketers may work in group and they may even interact with you.
Don't think they only steal like ninjas without you even seeing them.
They may come and talk to you, act friendly and helpful and all, try to get your trust, just to make it easier to direct your attention elsewhere while they pick your pocket.
Hidden pouch are harder to pick, but I still wouldn't want to signal that I have a hidden pouch as it could lead to them believing I have more value and making it worth a shot trying to persuade me to go somewhere else where they could attack me.
But that may be only me being paranoid. Feel free to pat your secret pouch in public.

And you could also use those chain attached wallets or just stitch velcro on your pocket to make it harder to open without you noticing (since you have to pull quite hard to pull a decent velcro apart)
>>
Put everything in your front pockets, put your hands in your pockets (or a finger) when you're in a crowd or you're worried. I felt people go after my wallet a few times that way in the philippines during big events.

I have a money-belt type thing that hangs off of my belt, on the inside of my pants. If I'm going to a concert or something like that, I'll put my phone, cards, and most of my cash in there, and just keep some small cash in my wallet on me. So no loss if it gets pickpocketed.

Be very careful around ATMs in the philippines too. People will come close and try to snatch money from there when it comes out, or pull other tricks.
>>
I wonder if any of these "tips" actually work; I'm pretty sure most pickpockets have internet access, and would've found ways around them by now.
>>
>>1213942
Fanny pack
>>
File: LegacyJacket9-9.jpg (110KB, 753x667px) Image search: [Google]
LegacyJacket9-9.jpg
110KB, 753x667px
My light jacket has inside pockets on both sides. I keep my wallet with everything there.
On the other one I keep my phone. Passport is usually in a pocket on my shorts, just a simple button.
>>
If you're obviously foreign, you're a target.
With duterte as pres, police are also dangerous.

Just be aware with your surroundings, avoid certain places like Tayuman, don't put anything valuable in easy-to-access areas like backpacks, backpockets and try to look like you own nothing worth taking in sketchy areas.

Where you going?
>>
>>1213942
You could also get a pair of pants that has zippers for pockets. I have a pair from Banana Republic.
>>
>>1215066
I plan to stay in angeles and rent a car to travel a bit. First time going but im not going alone. Really looking forward to walking street.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.