[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me and my friends are planning a trip to South Africa. We have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

File: cf35a068d5d3479dae5a986e1f799808.png (799KB, 1000x725px) Image search: [Google]
cf35a068d5d3479dae5a986e1f799808.png
799KB, 1000x725px
Me and my friends are planning a trip to South Africa. We have a couple of questions. Is this route even possible? Will this route get us killed?
>>
File: tumblr_mzg88hvn2H1rqkjy0o6_1280.jpg (116KB, 600x836px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzg88hvn2H1rqkjy0o6_1280.jpg
116KB, 600x836px
>>1212956
Turkey -> Syria -> Israel
>>
>>1212957
close up
>>
File: Your dumb-ass route.png (117KB, 225x618px) Image search: [Google]
Your dumb-ass route.png
117KB, 225x618px
>>1212959
>Aint no thang homeboys, I'll just cross 4-8 front lines in a live civil war
If this is your plan for crossing the Middle East, I would strongly reconsider your entire fucking trip. It shows you have no clue about any political realities.
>>
>>1212964
I read that the M5 highway was relatively safe.
>>
>>1212956
Oh great it's another mental wank thread where you ask about something that you will obviously never do. To answer your question: Yes, it is possible. Will you do it? Most probably not.
>>
>>1212971
okay, but is it safe?
>>
>>1212974
>Is a live civil war involving literally ISIS safe?
Gee, I don't know.
>>
>>1212975
okay. I just don't see another route since I have a US passport and can't pass through Iran.
>>
>>1212978
Even if you could pass through Iran, what then?
>>
>>1212979
Same plan but avoid Iraq and Syria and try to get a visa into SA
>>
>>1212956
Best of luck making it there alive. Just fly. It would be much safer.
>>
>>1213008
but whats the adventure in that?
>>
>>1213011
why not go south through Morocco and along the west coast? Or change coast when on african soil after the desert?
>>
>>1213013
This, although much easier said than done. Switching coasts in Africa is no mean feat- you'll have to go through at least one badass country, whether it be Libya, CAR, Chad, DRC, Sudan, etc.
>>
>>1212956
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF35a5E0uss Not sure if this is on the "M5 highway" but just a warning.
>>
>>1213013
Looking at a map of Africa I can't even figure out how you could get from west to east. CAR is fucked up right now and I'm not even sure if transit across Chad is permitted. If you try to go further south you hit the visa nightmare of Angola, or must try to cross the DRC.
>>
>>1212970

just go, either you die and the average IQ goes up, or you live and have fucked up stories and pics
either way, win
>>
>>1213038
can agree
>>
If your first port of call is to ask /trv/ then you have no hope of making it through Africa in one piece and thats ignoring the proposed Syria route

Do the banana pancake trail or South America if you want more of a challenge. Africa is final destination for experienced travellers, not an unusual baptism of fire for you to post about on insta
>>
>>1212956
you missed yemen there
>>
File: Russian prisoner tattoo.jpg (129KB, 690x690px) Image search: [Google]
Russian prisoner tattoo.jpg
129KB, 690x690px
Fuck OPs stupid road trip through war zones.

What is the best/safest way to travel the African continent seeing as many countries as possible...without contracting a disease from the 1890s or getting beheaded
>>
>>1212978
Suck 10 thousand miles of dicks
>>
Can't you ferry Turkey-Cyprus-Egypt?
>>
>>1213074
possibly
>>
Their route might be relevant
http://www.oasisoverland.co.uk/trips/Africa/details/66/CAIRO-to-CAPE-TOWN-17-weeks-Nile-Trans.html
>>
>>1212956
Just tak a boat to Egypt from Cyprus or Greece, and dont stop in Eritrea and most your problems are solved
>>
>Going through Syria

why would you do this
>>
How do people always fall for these bait threads? There's at least one or two a week.
>>
>>1213130
>Just tak a boat to Egypt from Cyprus or Greece
Do passenger ferries even exist?
>>
>>1213151
yes
>>
>>1212959

are you fucking kidding me
>>
>>1213151
www.ferrylines.com/en/ferries/eastern-mediterranean/

Nope.
>>
>>1212956
Enjoy getting NIGGED.
>>
>>1213157
iskenderun to damietta is perfekt to skip all war zones
>>
>>1213031
Nice religion ya got there.
>>
>>1213160
That line isn't in operation unfortunately.
>>
>>1212956
Serious question, are you white?
>>
>>1212959
>>1212964
Could Op not cross into syria closer to the ocean, then into lebanon, then israel? Seems like it would be slightly safer, albeit still stupid as fuck.
>>
>>1213408
>There are land routes from both Egypt and Jordan to Israel. There are no land routes to either Syria or Lebanon, owing to the continuing state of hostilities with these countries. The border crossings have security measures similar to the airports.
https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Israel#By_road
>>
>>1212956
This has to be bait to trigger us right?
>>
>>1213031
>http://www.oasisoverland.co.uk/trips/Africa/details/66/CAIRO-to-CAPE-TOWN-17-weeks-Nile-Trans.htm
this
>>
>>1212981
Look at a fucking map faggot
>>
>>1213074
Yes, that's the obvious route.
>>
>>1212956
As a US passport holder, visas to drive across either Sudan or Eritrea are going to be very difficult to get. Both of those governments hate the US and I've known many people to wait for weeks only to get turned down for visas.
>>
>>1213383
yes
>>
>>1213741
Can you get from Yemen to Djibouti?
>>
>>1212956
> Syria
> Eritrea
> Zimbabwe

Top kek good luck
>>
>>1212959
Gee how can you go into Syria and not visit Aleppo and Deir-ez-Zoir on the way?
>>
>>1212956
You missed Somalia on your Route. If you want to go Suicide Mode you should do it properly.
>>
>OP several months later.
https://my.mixtape.moe/zcakqv.webm
>>
This is probably bait, but in case it's not, be warned that you will die if you do this. I'm completely serious and heard stories from eritrea alone.
I can assure you that you will die if you arent lokking like a foreigner and even then the odds are against you.
>>
>>1213063
You could cross the sahara from left to right. But even then it's not actually safe because everythings death there despite some nig nog villages
>>
>>1214610
Yes but you have to be smuggled over
>>
>>1212956
op is either a troll or really fucking stupid
>going right threw the war
>>
>>1214610
Yemen is a warzone, you know
>>
>>1212956
SE Europe - Turkey - Syria - Palestine - Egypt - Eastern Africa - all by yourself. You will be fine m8. Why don't you go down to Morroco and the western route? Worst you can get is malaria.
>>
>>1214661
Zimbabwe is fine. i went about 2 years ago.
>>
Why not add Somalia to your recklessly sucidal trip? I hear getting buttfucked by pirates is in this season.
>>
File: 1487021529250.jpg (28KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
1487021529250.jpg
28KB, 500x555px
>this whole thread
OP you gonna die if you do this

Lebanon, Turkey, Kenya, Egypt, Jordan, Sudan, and obviously Syria all have travel warnings up
>>
>>1212956
most likely
if you look white you might get a white pass tho
it will be interesting anyway, just fuck your shit up pham
>>
>>1213072
Better yet, get stoned and listen to this song
>>
>>1212956
És louco caralho? Espero que estejas seriamente a brincar.
>>
>>1212956
Why dont you cross the Strait of Gibraltar by ferry to morroco and go from there? Shorter + safer
>>
Hey op, i can promise you that your route is doable, but the better way is the westcoast right now. All of the coast is totaly safe. Only problem is that you still have small groupes of boko haram in north east in nigeria, but not realy a risk anny more. Drc is also safe. To avoid hassle on borders get a veachle with african registration.
If you have time bring a mb 190 or similar from europe, sell it somewhere before nigeria (depends on the car where you get most)and go with mc or as i did, with tuk tuk. And someone mentioned malaria as the worst that can happend and to compare, malaria here is like a flue in babylon.
Greatings from bisssau now.
Ask me annything about the west coast and i'll try to answear.
Ps. Don't listen to the tool who saus africa is for experienced travelers, africa is easy if you don't freak out by problems, people will help you on the way as long as you have time,
>>
>>1216706

>Don't listen to the tool who saus africa is for experienced travellers

>le 'africa is easy meme'

Don't fall for this shit because it can get you killed.

Some countries are pretty easy, some are not, research first and dont be cocky.
>>
>>1212981

Holy shit, you are clueless.

>I'll just get a visa into Saudi Arabia lol!!!

Saudi Arabia doesn't even offer tourist visas.

As another Anon said, this is clearly yet another mental wank thread. You clearly have no idea what you're doing and are just spewing garbage fantasies. I love /trv/ and I love giving new travelers advice, but please try to have a tucking clue before asking for help.
>>
South Africa thread? South Africa thread.

Is Lesotho worth checking out? I only want to see it because I've never been to a country-within-a-country before.
>>
>>1212959
Stay at home. Your knowledge of the real world is too poor to actually travel without getting in trouble.
>>
>>1216742
It's cool, but infrastructure can be iffy. Your own car is a must, and depending on the season you'd better have a 4x4. The Sani Pass is an amazing drive down, though.
>>
>>1216723
Lol, ivery coast is a bit dodgey atm, but you will not get killed by terrorist if that is the general fear. People in africa are at general less dangerous than europeans.
Stay along the coast and all is good
>>1216735
Saudi offers visa for pilgrims, learn to say
"La ila alallah, mohammedun rasululah" and you will be fine
>>
>>1216996
>Saudi offers visa for pilgrims
They're quite a bit more in-depth about their procedure than just asking for a profession of faith, especially for non-Arabs/Muslims.
>>
>>1216999
Getting a pilgrim visa will require things like certificates from a local mosque. And because there are far more people who want to go there each year than actually can, there are quotas by country. Getting a hajj visa is literally a lottery. Some people apply for a visa every year for years and years until they finally get lucky.
>>
>>1216996
>Saudi offers visa for pilgrims
Which allows you to travel to Mecca and Medina, and only Mecca and Medina. If they catch you in Riyadh with a Hajj visa, it's as if you entered the country illegally. And I don't know how the visa procedure is, but I doubt it'll suffice just saying "yup, I'm muslim". It's Saudi Arabia ffs, if there was an easy way to travel there, people would be doing it already.

>"La ila alallah, mohammedun rasululah"
You don't even know how to say it properly, kys
>>
>>1216999
Yesvthey say so, but if you apply from one ofvthe african countries around they will not ask to manny questions. I speak some arabic so it was easy for me i guess
>>1217036
Sorry if my latin arabic is bad for you, but this is the way it sounds.
>>
>>1217536
>but this is the way it sounds
In my language we have a saying, which roughly translated goes like this: "Don't teach your own father how to fuck". Meaning, don't teach someone who knows something better than you how to do something. I speak Arabic, and that is not how it's written nor how it sounds.

Also, you simply cannot get a pilgrimage visa just because you apply from some backwater consulte in Africa. It doesn't work that way, which has been previously stated. In any case, it only covers Mecca and Medina, and you'll be properly fucked if they catch you doing non-pilgrimage stuff on a pilgrimage visa. Why you would even give such advice to someone who's obviously new to traveling is beyond me.
>>
>>1217783
Well it worked for me, but you probebly know better since you also tried this out?
>>
>>1217885
Not that I believe you, if it was that simple tons of people, both non-Muslims wanting to go to Saudi Arabia, and also Muslims having trouble getting a Hajj visa, would go to there this way. I think you're full of shit, but let's say, for the sake of argument, that you actually did it, it's still equal to illegal entry into a country where punishments according to law include beheadings and lashes that leave you scarred for life. In any case it's a shit advice to give to newbies. Just fuck off already.
>>
>>1217886
I think I heard something about Saudi Arabia treating foreign Hajj pilgrims like shit while Saudis on Hajj are treated like kings.
>>
>>1217886
relax dude, you will not get beheaded for beliving in allah and wanting to do a pilgrimtrip. worst case if they don't belive you are a muslim they will help you convert.
>>1218080
sudies are racist yes. they belive that they are the highest class of arabs, for me it was ok, but for my friend from gambia they like him and he got some bad callings etc, nothing realy bad...
>>
>>1213063
Cairo to Cape Town
>>
OP is a European resident subtly asking for advice on how to join ISIS.
>>
Don't listen to these dweebs OP. There's no greater adventure then brushes with death, and yours is jam packed with it.
>>
>>1212959
>syria
>damascus

LOL
>>
>>1213013
>along the West coast

And go Into South Sudan where there's a civil war currently happening?
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.