[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania >Georgia (the country)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: travel.jpg (66KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
travel.jpg
66KB, 800x600px
>Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania
>Georgia (the country)
>Poland (we have previously been to Krakow)
What would the the best travel option for my girlfriend and I if we have 10 - 14 days for travel.

We really love history, old towns, museums, small/quaint villages, etc. and don't care about nightlife.

It might also be cool to try a day or two of hiking outside if possible but that's not something we have tried before.
>>
You can cross the Baltics and Poland in that time, visiting tons of small and old places. Just go between May and October, otherwise the weather will be grey and dull.
>>
I would avoid Poland altogether

Source: am polish
>>
>>1212466
>Just go between May and October
this.

Am from Latvia, quaintness probably means something a bit different here. There is Ape-quaint and Taurene-quaint. Take care
>>
>>1212502
Do elaborate - also general tips on Latvia welcome. Going there with a few friends, but I'm going to Russia first, second person is in Africa now, and third is swamped by work and family so nobody really has time to do a lot of research.
>>
>>1212514
Are you back-packing? Getting around the more rural parts could be a challenge for the time-limited. http://www.1188.lv/en/transport could help.

For places that are easier to access, Sigulda is top-tier for it's hiking, scenery, cafes and proximity to transport possibilites (trains, buses and somewhat close to Riga).

90% of petrol stations are open 24/7, might not be common for every visitor.

Small villages-
Not much going on there unless some celebration
People are introverted and seem grumpy most of the time. If you humour them, they might open up. Worst case scenario- you will have some fun messing around
however, englandski is almost non-existent between >40 year olds
Magic feels happen in hot summer evenings, don't forget some of that sweet Latvian beer
>>
>>1212502
>There is Ape-quaint and Taurene-quaint.

You will need to explain this.

t. recent traveler of Latvia
>>
>>1212538
nvm i got it know.
>>
How many days are needed to see Vilnius, Riga, and Tallinn?
>>
>>1212521
Much appreciated anon.
>>
>>1212581
A day or two per city. Small city centers with large soviet-style suburbs.

The Baltics aren't really that famous for their urban life.
>>
>>1212383
Georgia - maybe plus Armenia - probably meets your needs best. So much history, such ancient cultures. The other places you mention really don't compare
>>
>>1212383
Do either all Baltics (capitols are small, and can be make in max 3 days each) or explore more Poland (Warsaw deserves at least 3 days, also Gdansk)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.