[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I will be going to Ljubljana (landing on a Sunday night) and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 1476113643222.jpg (106KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1476113643222.jpg
106KB, 604x604px
So I will be going to Ljubljana (landing on a Sunday night) and coming back from Pula (on a Saturday night)

Is there enough time to see Ljubljana, Bled, Trieste and Pula itself in 6 days?
>>
up
>>
I have never been to any of those places, but your cat picture earns you a free bump from me. Somebody help a guy who posts such a picture!

And now, I am off to click on storefronts until such time as no such pictures remain.
>>
>>1212352
Mnyeah, sort of. I lived in Trieste for a while, so I'm biased (positively, very much so), and I travelled a fair bit in the region.

You've got 4 destinations in 4 days. Even when transport isn't a problem (and it isn't), that's going to limit how much you can see and do.
Honestly, if you're going to Pula and Trieste (to enjoy the seaside for a bit, I imagine), just go to Bled to see the island in the lake and then head on. Except for that, the lake is just a regular lake. Going into the mountains around it means skipping on Leibach, Trst or Pola, and all three are nicer than Bled.

I'll try not to forget to check on this thread if you have any more questions.
+ dat cat :3
>>
>>1212664
what do you think of it? everywhere I ask, from the 4 cities we have in mind that's the one we can skip the most.
>>
>>1213145
>what do you think of it?
If this refers to Bled, there really isn't anything to see there except 70s-80s hotels and the lake.
If you're talking about Trieste, I will fight irl anyone who didn't like it.
>>
>>1213147
So do you think we can NOT go to Bled?

So far my idea is this:

Sunday night landing, spend the night in Ljubljana.

Monday and Tuesday: Ljubljana.
Wednesday: Bled all day.
Thursday: Trieste
Friday: Trieste in the morning, Pula from the afternoon.
Saturday: Pula, flight back at night.

Does this sound sensible?
>>
>>1212352
unrelated, but I found it pretty funny that Ljubljana's airport had only 2 immigration counters. When I came back home to Mumbai, there were like 40.

>>1213145
yeah you can definitely skip Bled. Nothing great there, just a normal lake.
>>
>>1213152
so more time in Trieste and Pula? Or should we go regardless over an evening we were gonna spend in Ljubljana?
>>
I was in Istria last summer and I found Pula to be the least enjoyable town. I would rather go to Rovinj and Motouvun. These two are really charming and Motovun is also not so run over by tourists. Porec and Piran are also quite nice.
>>
File: 1346498643_9415_panorama1.jpg (813KB, 1167x900px) Image search: [Google]
1346498643_9415_panorama1.jpg
813KB, 1167x900px
>>1213147
>I will fight irl anyone who didn't like it.

Just name the place and time maccaroni :^)

>>1213150
If you have the extra time, visit Bohinj instead of Bled, the hikes are especially nice, if the weather is ok. One of the best hikes and views is up to Vogar.
And you can stop for a kremšnita and a boat ride on Bled on your way back anyway...

Oh and if you don't have any particular ideas in mind with Trieste (like if you're an Austria-Hungary history enthusiast and are going for the history or whatever), just visit Piran or old-town Koper, they're much nicer.

>>1213155
Unfortunately, midweek Ljubljana is dead in the evenings this time of year...
>>
>>1212352
Easy answer: yes
>>
>>1213246
It's OK I'm going in late April. So we land on a Sunday in Ljubljana and fly back from Pula next Saturday.

We have freedom to go anywhere but I'm trying to plan what is best.
>>
>>1213250
Well that's better then, although still not as ideal as a summer friday evening :^)

Don't forget to visit Metelkova when in Ljubljana, although I recommend something along the river for an evening drink, like Petkovšek.
>>
>>1213266
Sure, but how should we set the days?
>>
Yes, but Slovenia sucks ass so just go to Italy and Croatia.
>>
im just here for more cat pictures
>>
File: index.php.jpg (148KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
index.php.jpg
148KB, 800x528px
>>1213579
Well, you chill 1 day in Ljubljana, go NW for 1 day then maybe chill/sightsee for 1 more day in Ljubljana.
You can go to Piran and use the day to stop at stuff in the way (Predjama castle, Postojna/Škocjan caves, Koper...) then spend the next day in Piran and the last day in Pula...

This plan >>1213150 sounds ok as well, but really do skip Trieste :^)
>>
>>1212352

Consider that there are no trains from Slovenia->Italy, you will have to ride to Trieste or Gorica and take a bus.

I would just do Ljubjana->Bled->Trieste or vice-versa. You don't have to spend a lot of time in Bled as you are really just going for that castle in the lake, so you got 1 day in Bled, 1 day of travel, 2 full breakfast-lunch-and-dinner days in each city.

Pula seems so fucking far away, not worth it at all with the cities you have listed imo.
>>
>you will have to ride to Trieste or Gorica and take a bus.

Oh yeah, about that OP, there's this neat carpooling slovenian site, unfortunately the site's only in slovenian, but most people speak english anyway...
Just don't get picked up by a gypsy, aim for a student :^)

https://prevoz.org/
>>
File: Rovinj.original.3865.jpg (223KB, 956x598px) Image search: [Google]
Rovinj.original.3865.jpg
223KB, 956x598px
>>1213191
Pula native here, can confirm.

It's a nice town in its own way, but during the winter it's extremely underwhelming, the only worthwhile sights are the Amphitheatre (the best preserved in the world! Please come spend money in my country ;_;) and the Sergei street. Tbh those are the only worthwhile sights during the summer too, but at least then you can go to the beaches, islands etc.

Rovinj however, is nice in any season (especially in summer), and although it isn't anything special in terms of monuments and stuff (the St. Euphemia church is nice tho), the old city has a nice general feel with its old Mediterranean streets (pic related)

I've never been to Motovun, and it's probably only good for a day's trip, but I've always liked pictures of it, so I guess it's nice to check out.
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 259x194px
>>1213781
Same guy, wanted to add that Poreč and Pazin are also pretty nice this time of year
Also the Lim channel is great if you can get a boat ride in it, but I don't know if there are any tour boats this time of year.

Also, if you have time while in Pula, you can spend it in nearby tourist villages, like Medulin or Premantura. They are pretty dead during the winter, but are still very nice to see.
Medulin has a cool sandy beach and an archeological park, which I quite like, although I haven't checked out all of it.
Premantura has fuck all to do, but it's near cape Kamenjak which is a must see if you're in the area (pic related)

Personally I find Pula outskirts and neighboring towns much more interesting than Pula itself, but I might be biased since I lived here all my life.
>>
>>1213671
well the flight back is from Pula so we're forced to go there
>>
>>1213781
visited in Winter, can confirm. I think I liked it better sleepy in winter than crushing summer crowds, we stayed a few days in a super nice and mostly empty resort.
>>
So then, both Trieste and Pula are completely skippable?
>>
>>1212352
Bled lake was frozen till a few weeks ago but now the ice isn't thick enough to walk over to the island. Just a heads up if you were planning to go there.
>>
>>1213957
I'm going in two months mate.
>>
>>1213936
I wouldn't say that Trieste is completely skippable - but, well, maybe it is. If you're a big James Joyce fan, go. Otherwise, maybe not. (And while there are no direct trains from Slo to Trieste, there are several a day from Ljubljana to Vila Opicina, in the mountains above Trieste, which is connected to the city by a tram. It's quite feasible - and scenic, and kind of fascinating.to get there that way) The other co-capital of the region of Italy it's in, Udine, is a lot nicer, anyway. .
>>
>>1213996
Can I ask you to vocaroo yourself pronouncing Ljubljana, please?
>>
>>1214044
Sure I'll do it in a few hours, need some more advice now.
>>
>>1214044
for some reason vocaroo doesn't detect my microphone.

still, Liubliana, not difficult
>>
cat
>>
>>1214562

made a post about it here >>1214673. Not sure about Trst or Pula, but Bled and Ljubljana can be done in 2 days. Ljubljana actually in a few hours, Bled has some nice sights to enjoy.
>>
>>1214675
do you reckon? So Ljubljana - Bled on Monday and Tuesday, what about the other days? Sould we go to Rijeka instead of Trieste?
>>
>>1214694
First I need to know what you're looking for. I've been to neither Rijeka or Trst, so I can't really say, but there are a lot of nice places inbetween.
>>
>>1214694
>Bled on Monday and Tuesday, what about the other days?

Leaked lymph.
>>
>>1214694
No, there's nothing to see in Rijeka.
>>
>>1214854
what's that?
>>
>>1214869
for real?
>>
>>1215094
Another body fluid, different from the blood that was bled.
>>
Ok lad, at a certain point, this just becomes overplanning. Mesh up a few ideas itt, then just go with the flow...
Who knows, maybe you meet someone at Bled and spend the evening. Don't overplan this, it's not that logistically hard.
>>
>>1215446
thing is we have nothing planned so far
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.