[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

brit here. going to orlando for two weeks to disneyland/orlando

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: orlando.jpg (376KB, 1230x819px) Image search: [Google]
orlando.jpg
376KB, 1230x819px
brit here.

going to orlando for two weeks to disneyland/orlando studios etc

but thats just the day

where is the nightlife in the evenings/night?

whats the best way to play this and wheres the best places to go drinking/partying?

is it better to stay closer to a town centres and shuttle in?

cheers people!
>>
no one?
>>
File: 1481723241066.jpg (346KB, 968x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1481723241066.jpg
346KB, 968x1280px
heres boobs for interest
>>
>>1212092
I've only been to Orlando for one night and it was really hot, humid, with tons of bugs. I went down one street and it was nothing but shops with stripper clothes for miles. I came to the conclusion Orlando must be populated with mostly strippers... So there's that.
>>
>>1212092
orlandoan here, go downtown for nightlife, it's about 30 minutes from disney by car or 20 from universal. most of the areas around the parks are shit and give people a bad impression of orlando. there are shit tons of good local restaurants, especially asian food downtown. no reason to fall for the chains and bullshit near the parks unless you just don't want to travel downtown. Public transit is shit here, there's the sunrail, it stops downtown, no idea if it goes to the parks though. you will probably have to uber/lyft to go downtown.
>>1212282
I recently discovered how shitty strip clubs are here, no touching or private lap dances, girls were hot though.

Honestly I would stay in a nice hotel downtown so you don't have to go far after leaving the bars.
>>
Disney springs is a shopping/restaurant area around Disney World and it has some pretty cool places to eat a few bars, a movie theater and a bowling alley. You don't need a ticket to go there so you will see a few locals out and about there. It was pretty neat
>>
>>1212092
15 year Orlando native checking in.

Disney is the farthest from 'normal' city life Orlando as it gets.
IDrive region with IOA and Universal Studios is touristy, but there is some night life, clubs, bars. You will only meet other tourists, what few locals you will meet work bottom end shitty tourist jobs.

If you want a taste of local take Uber, (cabs cost a fortune here)
disney to downtown would be like $50-60

come up to Orange Avenue, get dropped off, and walk N/S between South St and Jefferson.
That's a good run of our downtown nightlife, there is more on some side streets, but you'll see plenty on that little 5 blocks.
It gets kicked up around 9-10, lasts till the clubs close at 2.
Our liquor laws are strict here, Orlando tries to be a 'family city', and killed a lot of the scene back in the late 80's, and then another wave of conservative laws in the early 2000's.

If you got more questions, I'll watch the thread for a few days.
>>
>>1212092
More:
Fri, Sat, Sun is best, ANY holiday will be nuts, to the point they will close off the roads because there is so many people..

Yelp works like a dream here. There is very little mom&pop shops, but we do have almost every chain brand you can name. I mean, to the point we're being called 'little New York' now.

If you really want to get crazy, go to 'The Library' or Knights Library, whatever variation they are using now-a-days.
It's almost 100% college kids or wanabe college age folks, and it gets absolutely movie level crazy there pretty much always.
>>is it better to stay closer to a town centres and shuttle in?
That concept doesn't exist here.
This town was specifically designed to handle tourism, it's not like other cities, that grew and expanded and happen to have tourism. They purposely built all the tourist shit way out away from normal life parts of town because:
#1) They can make the commute so annoying to convince you to spend the extra $ to stay at their on site hotels.. (if you want a full opening to close time at a park, it's about the only sure fire way to go about it)
#2) it annoys us locals less, so we don't vote down tourist related laws..
#3) same as #1, but for food.
#4) they needed to buy so much land, it was far more cost effective.
#5) Due to the growth and tourist money, they have manipulated the outskirts road system to dump directly into the parks.
(seriously, you can get from Port Canaveral to Disney in the same time you can many homes in greater Orlando...)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.