[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's some fun stuff in London that isn't in the tourist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: london-travel-guide-lede.jpg (1MB, 2560x1280px) Image search: [Google]
london-travel-guide-lede.jpg
1MB, 2560x1280px
i'll have children with me
>>
>birdwatching at barnes wetlands
>tudor mansion to see homeless artwork
>football golf
>oxygen freejumping
>walk "The Jubilee Greenway"
>visit all the museums because they are goat
>>
>>1212079
thank you
>>
>>1212057
The thing about London is that the touristic things shouldn't be missed, and the cost of living is so damn high, that I find the casual off the beaten path stuff is hard to do at a daily hotel rate. Don't eschew the regular fun stuff.

Kids like brass rubbings, harry potter bus tour, or really any double decker buses, museums and the parks. Older kids probably love the tower of london, boating on the thames, studio tours, markets for food and old weird stuff. The cathedrals are interesting to me, not sure to everyone though. Shopping at the grand dame department stores.
>>
http://mylittlenomads.com/london-for-kids
>>
>>1212057
checking the underside of a london tube train during rush hour
>>
>>1212057
get raped by a ficki
>>
Museum of Childhood
London Transport museum
>>
The Harry Potter Warner Brothers studio tour is well worth it. I get that it's one of the biggest tourist attractions. But if the kids or yourselves are into hp it's a magical experience
>>
Getting the hell out of there is pretty fun.
>>
Most of the museums are great and free. Science Museum and Natural History museum are possibly the most interesting for kids.

Never met anyone who didn't enjoy the Tower of London.

London Dungeons is surprisingly good, if a bit expensive (constant 2 for 1 offers though). Not suitable for very young children but 10year old boys and ups will like it. It's a tour like thing where you have talks by actors, mini-shows and a few rides, lasts about 2 hours. There's also a Dreamworks type thing of a similar nature which looks interesting but I've never done and I imagine kids would love it.

Expect to queue for any attraction in London, even free ones, allow time for this.

Worth experiencing a West End Musical if there are any decent ones at non-obscene prices.

Venturing a bit out of London, you've Hever Castle, Windsor castle (check it's open, it's an occupied castle) and Hampton Court Palace (Henry VIII's stately Home).

As others have said, the Harry Potter Tour is a must if you're a fan and they're just opening a new forbidden forest part with a bunch of props.

90 minutes or so by train you could do to Brighton which people seem to love for some reason. Huge pier, stony beach, "The Lanes" (loads of quirky independent shops), the Brighton Pavillion (English Taj Mahal).

Theme parks in the area (closed during the winter): Legoland Windsor, Chessington (family focused theme park), Thorpe Park (more White knuckle focused).
>>
Honestly, the things that are in the tourist guides are the things that kids will enjoy the most. British Museum is great fun, HMS Belfast is good if you like that sort of things.
When I was a kid, my parents took me to the Hunterian museum, which has lots of weird specimens in jars everywhere. Good if your kids aren't squeamish.
>>
>>1215547
London dungeon.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.