[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American travel virgin here. My best friend and I are planning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0122.jpg (195KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0122.jpg
195KB, 960x638px
American travel virgin here. My best friend and I are planning on visiting Thailand but unsure about how the backpacking life works. Do you guys reserve hotels/hostels or just go in and rent them the day of. We're pretty social people so I was thinking hostels would be more fun. Also would 1500USD per person be enough for Transport, food, bed, and hookers for two weeks?
>>
>>1211784
Reserve your hostel(s) in advance.
>>
>>1211784
Just stay in normal hotel rooms. They are like $18 a night so there is no reason to slum it in a hostel with some numale "backpackers". You will want privacy with your hookers of course.

$1500 for 2 weeks should be ok but that is assume "transport" is not including airfare.
>>
>>1211793
Yeah I took airfare out of the equation. Good point with the hookers and having a private hotel. I'm pretty much a go with the flow type of person so reservations kind of fuck with me. Like >>1211787 said how imperative is it to reserve a hotel/hostel vs just walking in? Do rooms fill up fast or what?
>>
Travelling noob here as well
My question is, how do you get your cellphone to work in Thailand? How much does it cost you to have 3G/LTE or whatever, so you can have the internet on your phone at all times? Thank you
>>
>>1211803
There are hundreds of hostels on khao san road, at budget hotel rooms too. Depends on the time of year you go but I doubt there will ever be a time where there is nowhere to stay in bangkok, or thailand for that matter.

What areas are you going to ?
>>
>>1211815
We were probably going to start in Chiang mai, Bangkok, then somewhere south along the beach but I don't know where yet. Any recommendations?
>>
>>1211815
Where's the best neighborhood to stay in Bangkok? Never been before. Looking to go out and have fun and eat good food. Will be with GF, but she's not a prude.

Would be willing to stay farther out of happening areas if we can get a better room and transport to said areas is easy.

and to answer your question OP my GF and I have not been frugal at all when booking our hotels and travel (we are taking 3 flights within the country) and going to the most expensive cities in Thailand and probably aren't spending a whole lot more than $1500 each not including our ticket there.

However we are also able to share a bed and I did not budget for hookers.
>>
>>1211825
Yeah realistically I'd probably only end up trying to get hookers a few times. So when just meeting a girl doesn't happen or work out. We might even stay in Chiangmai the whole time if the food is as good as I've heard
>>
By the way how much are the hookers there to anyone that's gotten them?
>>
>>1211832
I've heard the food is good in Chiang Mai and it's cheaper up there.

Never been to Thailand but here in LA the southern Thai food is better than the Northern food IMO. We have a really large Thai community. I'll have to see about the real thing though.
>>
Stick to hotels, people in hostels don't like or appreciate creepy sex tourists
>>
>>1211822
If you want to party with other tourists Koh phi phi, unless a full moon party is on then go to koh phangan. If you're going south and want to bang prostitutes probably phuket and stay in patong.

>>1211825
Khao san is the back packer area, it's really the greatest place to head into on your first time in thailand. It is everything you've always imagined thailand to be. If you want to stay in more expensive areas look around nana and pretty much anything along that train line. Transport to khao san requires like a taxi, im not sure about busses. Other wise nana/asok/phrom phong are all nice areas in a more classy part of bangkok.

Khao san is right near reclining buddha and grand palace etc, but the night life is mostly tiny bars and the food is like hole in the wall and street food. The other three areas you will find nice places to eat, nice bars and clubs etc. Plus they are right near train lines so you can get around pretty easily.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.