[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 0 /travel/-ing experience, but i decided to un-fuck my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Coming_from_germany.png (21KB, 567x415px) Image search: [Google]
Coming_from_germany.png
21KB, 567x415px
I have 0 /travel/-ing experience, but i decided to un-fuck my life and visit spain alone. So i need advice.

I'd like to visit Spain and Portugal for two weeks in early april. I'm a student so i'm low budget. Planning to sleep in youth hostels and traveling by bus.

My questions are:
- How can i spontaniously book bus-journeys while i have no laptop with me ?
- Where can i put my back-pack when visiting a city or doing some activity like biking ?
- How good idea is it too rent a bike for a couple days in andalusia for a few days ? Can i also rent a helmet if it's obligatory to wear one ?
- Are there chances i'll find other young people to hang out with even tho i'm a little autistic ?

Pic related is approximately the journey i plan. Planning to focus of southern spain because of the weather during april and the al-hambra. I'd also like to see Barcelona and Lisbon tho.
>>
>>1211642

O shit i realised i marked Tarragona instead of Barcelona as my first stay.

I meant to arrive in Barcelona and then move South to Andalusia
>>
>>1211642
Is this a meme post, given that image?
>>
>>1211653

Thought i'd use a historical map.

The questions are serious is
>>
That's a lot for two weeks. It's possible, but make a mental list of places you wouldn't mind cutting out of your trip, in case you feel rushed once you're there.
Congrats on your first trip; you picked the best country in Europe. Can't answer any of your questions, sorry.
>>
Bumping because me and OP are in the same boat.
Also how viable is it to travel from Frankfurt on south to the Iberian peninsula? I'm planning on being in Europe for 3 weeks total and would like to spend the majority of my time in Spain. I don't care too much about sight seeing.
>>
>>1211817
If you're hauling ass all that way across Europe without stopping, you might as well take the scenic train route.
>>
pls help
>>
I've only been to Northern Spain, but to book spontaneous bus journeys I'd suggest either finding a internet-café or use the computer at the youth hostels, where I'm sure people would be happy to help you. Otherwise you can go to the bus stations in most cities and towns, of course there's the language barrier, but people were very friendly and helpful where I was.

Eh, your backpack should probably be in the youth hostel that you're staying at. If you're going from city to city you should of course bring your backpack. I'm not really sure what you mean, it doesn't sound like you're going to do long stretches of trekking or anything, so I don't think it'll really be a problem.

Also, as the others said, it seems a bit much, but if you're clever about planning and don't mind spending lots of time in busses (consider using trains as well, it was just as cheap in Northern Spain as busses), it might be manageable.

You might want to limit yourself, though. You could spend one week in the North around Barcelona and then take some detours and choose some places either around Barcelona or on the way down South. Lissabon could be your second-week "focus" and you could do the same thing.
>>
I am not a fast traveler, I go places and work and chill for months. However, unlike others here, I do not think your plan is too big.

So you wanna fly in to Tarragona? Then go Granada - Seville- Cordoba - Lisbon, then fly out? That is no problem.

There is prolly a train between Tarragona and Granada
There are bus routes between all those places you want to go. Few people book in advance ( though some do). 1-2 days is enuff for Granada (which is a great place). Sevilla and Cordoba are just a few hours in-between. There is a long hail between Cordoba and Lisbon though, and you prolly have to change bus in Faro in the Algarve.

Personally I like village life too: There is a quiet groovy village called Orgiva, just south of Granada. I recommend that.
>>
>>1212034
>>1212002
>>1211684

Thanks guys
>>
>>1211642
You should go from Granada to Cordoba and then to Sevilla...more if you go to Lisbon after...these are the top 3 of andalucia...

You can rent a bike in the cities, helmet is not mandatory. You will find lockers at stations or you can left your bagagge at the hostels...
>>
You can see buses and trains here:
https://www.alsa.es/en
http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

If you are going to travel early April keep in mind that in Andalucia it's time to Holy Week and the prices can be a lot higher than other months.

If you want to book train or bus you have to go to the Renfe station for train and Alsa for bus station. I would recomend you to look where you can find those places before starting your trip.

I'm pretty sure you can hang out with other people specially in Granada.
>>
>>1211642
Don't know how safe it is t travel alone in al-andalus. especially ifmyou are a girl
>>
>>1212889

I'm not a grill luckily. Also I'm brown enough to not pass as a filthy kaffir

>>1212885
thank you a lot. Didnt know about the holy week.
>>
OP here again.

Considering that leaving travelling from andalusia to Lisbon will take a while, I'm thinking about cutting out Lisbon, and focus more on Barcelona and Andalusia

Which airport would be the best in Southern Spain for my Flight back to germany ?

Malaga or should i go back up to Valencia ?
>>
File: spain.png (143KB, 1705x1185px) Image search: [Google]
spain.png
143KB, 1705x1185px
funny map i saved. i'll be in spain for a while in september too.
>>
>>1211642
Spanish here.

-We have "Locutorios", phones and computers, you can book or serch info there, usually the inmigrants call or chat with their family. Public libraries have internet connection too.
Also, you can buy an spanish sim for your phone with your passport, we have 4g almost in all cities and towns, internet and phone signal everywere. About 7€ 1GB/month, prepay, i do that when i travel to another country.

-Almost every hostel has a bag-guard service (more money) or you can find lockers in a few bus stations (not all, and never in train stations since 3-11). Also, in some tourist info points they have this service, 3€/day+-, drop until 14h, pick until 20h+-

-It's a great idea! Spring here is nice, mb few rainy days, nothing serious. About the helmet, you have to wear it between cities and towns (on the road), but you can take it off in the towns, hot days and uphill. They give you one when you rent the bike,
gov web with bike routes http://www.andalucia.org/en/routes/types/bike-routes/?set_language=en

-You'll find tourists too, also my people is kind. If you are in problems: "Si me ayudas, te invito a una caña" (if you help me, i buy you a beer) and a big smile. With that move, you win our hearts, at least mine. Granada is very lefty a open-arms, bit hippie. Sevilla traditional and religious. Cordobese people are serious. And you gonna love Lisbon, charming city. Amazing food.

In april it's Semana Santa, you will see people dressed like KKK with big wood saints, virgins and Jesus on their shoulders. More expensive dates.

Also, if you book now a train Barcelona-Granada, same price as the bus in half the time. About 82€, 8hours (5:30 high speed train), the rest in train or bus with the same ticket.

Enjoy! :D
>>
>>1214153

muchas gracias. this really helps me a lot
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.