[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any ausfags here, I need some advise when it comes to traveling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1485997633081m.jpg (155KB, 739x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485997633081m.jpg
155KB, 739x1024px
Any ausfags here, I need some advise when it comes to traveling across Australia. What's the cheapest way to get from Darwin to Sydney without flying?
>>
Cheap flights are the best and cheapest option. But if you're not flying, try greyhound pioneer buses, try great southern rail for a train darwin to Adelaide then to sydney. Or worst case buy a cheap shit box and drive yourself
>>
Flying is down right the cheapest cause driving/taking a train with those distances will take a week or two on not slave master pace. Which means much higher costs for food and other things.

It's great to see the stuff inbetween but people forget Australia is the size of the US.
>>
>>1211088
>>1211404
Cheers, I'm not too concerned about how long it takes, haven't been through there before so I wanted to see the country and didn't want to fly. Was considering hitch hiking if it came down to it.
>>
>>1211075
>darwin to sydeny
>not flying

whew, that would be a long drive m8
flights here are really expensive, and that's because they have no competition

the lack of rail between major cities is a notable feature about traveling in australia

and driving often means DAYS of dead straight featureless roads in the middle of a literal dessert.
if your vehicle is not properly equipped it's simply not safe
you have to swap out drivers while other try to sleep, bring gallons of water

the cost of petrol alone makes flying probably cheaper
the only people who drive are long distance truckers, and I wouldn't trunk with them
many darwin truckers cart drugs to inland communities en-route, and hire prostitutes (often underage)

outside of darwin is rough country, itinerant workers, mines laying off people, multitudes of alcoholic aboriginies
darwin centre is almost OK though
>>
>>1211436
Seems like an interesting ride, would still prefer to deal with that then just fly. Part of the reason for not flying is to experience the long distance involved and having to find my own way back rather then just being picked up at the airport. All useful information though, knowing the things to be careful of.
>>
>>1211505
Cunt do you know how long that drive is ? You can do the east coast no dramas. I honestly have no idea how you will get from the east coast to darwin though. You will also be fucked if you get stranded in the middle of the northern territory, like actually fucked.
>>
>>1211533
Cunt do you know what board you're on? If it can be done I'm doing it faggot.
>>
>>1211539
Enjoy getting Wolf Creek'd

Idiot
>>
>>1211689
Nah, eat a dick bitch
>>
You could look into one of those deals where you drive someone elses car one way then fly the other
>>
>>1211539
It's possible to swim to PNG too, I don't recommend that either. Have fun driving through thousands of kilometers of literally nothing.
>>
>>1211858
The shortest point is about 100km with a few islands in between.
>>
Possibly not perfect advice but I live in pefth and have managed to drive to darwin with a friend in 55 hours. This is longer than darwin to sydney (by around 300kms)

Thats was a hard drive though, oneslept and the other drove we stopped once for dinner and a few beers snd then only for fuel and a qucik feed. Just saying so you can compare a cheap car and drive with a flight
>>
>>1212209
Will probably end up driving, I won't be in a rush to get there so hopefully I'll have time to relax and have a quick look around anywhere interesting.
>>
>>1211414
Hitchhiking in Australia is a good way to end up dead.

The amount of missing backpackers...
They dont find your body out there either. Just fyi
>>
>>1212292
That's good to know, want to come with anon?
>>
>>1211075
>Penrith
>Flippin colonials always ruining old world references
Pic related. Penrith tea-room.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.