[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here hiked one of the European long distance paths?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Has anyone here hiked one of the European long distance paths? Can you actually hike these?
>>
Of course you can, although leave the northern part and the alps for july and august only unless you have many years of experience.

You do need to take me with you, though, I really want to take time off from work to do something like this, but wouldn't want to go alone. I have a lot of gear prepared, too, good at wild camping etc.
>>
>>1210981
I wonder how much time this path might take on foot.. 3 months?
It's probably around 3k km... Daily you can make maybe ... 50 km? So actually it would only be 2 months. But is 50 km/day achievable? Some paths are hard and I doubt you can make that through Alpes.

Just random thoughts, I hate hiking.
>>
>>1210981
I doubt it's a good idea to hike through highly populated areas in Germany. I would buy a train ticket from Sweden or Denmark to Alps
>>
>>1210988
Lol, hope you get to do it soon!

>>1210994
People hike the pacific crest trail in the U.S. which stretches from the border of Mexico to the border of Canada, that is 4280km the E1 trail is 7,980km. It's possible to hike the entire thing but it takes 5 months to hike the pacific crest trail so it might take around 9 months for the E1 trail if you do the whole thing. I'm planning on only doing a short bit of it from somewhere in Italy to the Swiss Alps. Idk if I'm even going to do this yet, I'm still just throwing around ideas for travel this summer.

>>1210996
That's what I was thinking, but I don't want to cross Germany (on foot at least). I'm thinking I might just start in somewhere in Italy and then bum around the alps for a while in the summer.
>>
It rains a lot on the Norwegian side though. Just fyi. Because they're on the side of the mountains adjecent to the sea it can be really bad in some seasons.
>>
I live in Malta (an Island south of sicily) And I know some people who went by car from Malta to England.

I know one Polishguy who did it while skyhigh on cocaine. He did it in 4 days without sleep.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.