[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Adelaide, Australia >business travel >2 to 4 weeks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: g1-qkxTh[1].jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
g1-qkxTh[1].jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>Adelaide, Australia
>business travel
>2 to 4 weeks
>March-April
wat do?

I'm likely staying in a hotel near central business district and have weekends off.

I like culture, music, beer and nature but have limited time to visit places away from Adelaide and I know the distances in Australia are massive.
>>
File: hahndorf-40475.jpg (121KB, 678x371px) Image search: [Google]
hahndorf-40475.jpg
121KB, 678x371px
The best wines in the country come from around Adelaide. And there's lots of Germans.
>>
>>1210610
All they have is serial killers, wine and churches. Not even good wine. Prepare yourself for a shit time, and tell whoever from your work they can get fucked every single morning.
>>
Me and my family are going to travel to Brisbane and Gold Coast for about a week. This probably will be our last family trip because I should find a job soon and my siblings will also be busy

Anything to recommend over there? I was told I should do outdoors activities like going to the beach and etc
>>
>>1211513
Theme parks but other than that I'm not sure what you would do other than the beaches for a week. Pretty cool food places I guess. It's pretty much Australia's version of sin city. I don't know what I would do on a family holiday sorry mate.
>>
>>1211522
>Australia's version of sin city

okay that actually sounds ominous
>>
You'll be coming right after the Fringe Festival which is a shame. Still, we have everything the other cities have, pubs, clubs, museums, etc. Botanic Gardens is always worth a trip, as well as the Maritime Museum out at Semaphore. If you like beer we have the Belgian Beer Cafe which i'm told is excellent (I don't like beer myself) and the Coopers and West End breweries which i'm sure do tours. Other than that Mt Lofty is a good hike and while you're there you can swing through Hahndorf which also has plenty of excellent food and drinks, and there's the Para Wirra conservation park which I always remember having some great views. Hope this helps!
>>
>>1211497
Why is it that when Germans move to other countries, they suddenly all become Bavarians?
>>
>adelaide

wow, it's fucking nothing

>>1211513
If you've got a car check out the natural parks. Springbrook Mountain has a nice one, and the beaches are obligatory. Other than that, the Coast is good to drink and eat at. Lots of nice places to eat.
>>
>>1211831
>>1211831
Ethnic clothing and cute girls in dirndls.
>>
>>1211522
>>1211523
As long as Kings Cross is still operating, Sydney will always be Australia's Sin City
>>
>>1210610
There are plenty of nature places you can visit that are only half a days drive away

The Fringe arts festival is on in March, so there is a ton of eclectic shows and performances in The CBD during your visit window
>>
I'm also staying in Adelaide for work (3 months).
How does the metro card work? more specifically:
How do I obtain a concession metro card? is it even a different card?
Are the charges to the metro card capped in any way? in vic there is a daily limit and then you're free. How are you charged in general?
>>
>>1213060
>How do I obtain a concession metro card? is it even a different card?
>The Health Care Card does not entitle the holder to concession benefits on public transport
Well fuck.
>>
>>1213060
Buying a regular Metro card costs $5
You can top it up online or at the machines either putting money on and paying for travel fairs which is around $3.50 a trip or day/week passes
>>
>>1210610
hire a car and drive around, north or south
wine regions, beautiful coast, charming country towns

the pub scene and sports scene in Adelaide are quite good

there should be some small festivals in the city

plenty of camping/fishing & bushwalking (hiking) to be done
>>
>>1213078
>around $3.50 a trip
what constitutes a trip? it'll be at least 2 busses each way. $3.50 * 4 busses = $14 a day. Absurd.
>>
They call it Radelaide for a reason.

(They're being sarcastic).
>>
>>1213146
Any fares for the next 2 hours are included in the 3.50. Ergo you can bus it to town, get on another bus 30 minutes later and it won't cost you any more.
>>
Literally wine and serial killers: the city.
>>
>>1211508
>>1213455
Sounds like a great place for Van Patten then.
>>
>>1210610
Cage dive with great white sharks. Go to an AFL game at Adelaide Oval.
>>
>>1213455
I'm from Adelaide and im only aware of the Snowtown killers.
Shouldn't be enough for a stereotype.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.