[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone been to Wrocław before? I'm taking a weekend trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Wrocław-rynek.jpg (634KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Wrocław-rynek.jpg
634KB, 2048x1365px
Anyone been to Wrocław before? I'm taking a weekend trip there in a couple months and am looking for neat hotspots. I'm staying very close to the city centre.
>>
I'm Polish but not from Wroclaw. I've been there few times though. My favourite places there are the Aquarium zoo (called Afrykanarium) in the city zoo, Japanese garden and just the centre of the city - not just the main square, but the islands with its histrical and modern buildings, pubs and coffe places. It's always a good idea to climb one of Wroclaw's gotic towers and visit the water museum (small but extremly interesting).If you more into "drink and travel" - Irish pub on Plac Solny 5 ( I know, Irish, not Polish but awesome irish), Czupito shot pub on Ruska 8 st. (artistic shot for 5pln each). Wroclaw has a lot of cool local breweries too. Hope you have fun. And next time you go to Poland, visit Krakow and I would be able to tell you more of cool stuff you can do or see.
>>
>>1210362
Another Pollock here.
I lived in Wroclaw for few months like 2 years ago.

Good place for parties, especially for weekend and during the spring/early summer, where there are still students around.
Islands close to the downtown are a great place to meet people during before-party, as everyone are drinking there before hitting clubs (or just staying there for the whole night).

Depends on what kind of music you like, you'll find good places, but places around the central plaza (up to 5 minutes walking distance) are the best ones.

I can't really tell you about typical tourist places as I'm not really interested in them, probably the other guy got it right.
>>
>>1210362
Yeah, I'm from Wrocław. What are you looking for specifically? Historical sights? Nightlife? What do you like?
Generally the old city is very compact and almost everything is right in the center. The only sight that's farther away is the Centennial Hall (which is basically a big concrete dome and probably one of the more disappointing UNESCO sites, not really worth going inside) and the nearby zoo (actually pretty nice, bit of modern stuff, bit of old buildings, quite large). Don't miss Ostrów Tumski, the cathedral island.
>>
How long would it take to see all the cool stuff in Wrocław if I am traveling with my girlfriend and we have no interest in nightlife?
>>
>>1210917
>Czupito shot pub
*hiss*
>>
>>1210362
>How long would it take to see all the cool stuff in Wrocław if I am traveling with my girlfriend and we have no interest in nightlife?
One day
>>
>>1210917
Not OP but i'm going for a week to visit Wroclaw then Krakow
Tell me more friend
>>
I went there in the summer and it was smaller than I expected. Pretty much seen in a day.
It's a nice looking city with decent nightlife but I felt like krakow had way more to offer
>>
I lived in Wroclaw for 8 years, what do you wish to know?
>>
>>1210362
I spent a fed days in war-claw
lots of students, pretty comfy
played "throw stones at beer cans and drink them"

but at the same time I found it kind of boring
>>
>>1210956
My fav turist atractions in Kraków are the underground history museum below the main square, Wawel castle, obviously and aviation museum (especialy if you are into some old, cold war killing machines). When you are on a Wawel hill (the one with castle) it is a good idea to see the cathedral - climb the tower and go down to the crypt (It's a Polish equivalent of Westminster Abbey and I really like it. I visit it every year even though I live here). There is a lot of cool historical buildings and places but you can read it in any guidebook.

Food and drink. Around the main square: Ukrainian restaurant on Grodzka 21 (cheap and damn delicious, especially a stew called Zarke or potato pancakes with gulash), Tap House on Swiętego Jana st. - they make their own, exellent beer.

But to be honest,I don't know much more about the very centre. Locals (and now turists too) tend to spend more time in the Kazimierz district and Zabłocie district (and I also highly recomend it). There is so many good restaurants and pubs in Kazimierz it's hard to mention them all. My favourite: Corner Burger on Dajwór 25 (if you like burgers), Nova Krova on Plac Wolnica 12 (if you like vegan burgers - surprisingly good), Zazie Bistro on Józefa 34, Pierogi Mr Vincent on Bożego Ciała st. (recomend pierogi with liver), WOK (Pho soup bar) on Beera Meiselsa st. And all the food trucks around.
Good pubs - there is seriously hundrets. Those we usually go to are Tea Time on Dietla st. (english ale made in Kraków), Craftownia - Krakowski Wielokran (local beers), Mostowa ArtCafe (mostowa st. they do have some choice of interesting beers but you go there mainly for fruit wine), Via Caffe (Plac Volnica st. Very fine beer from Wroclaw :D if you aren't bored of it after visiting it. Good coffie too).
Btw. My favourite church in Kraków is Bożego Ciała Church in Kazimierz (not religiusly of course, I like it's raw, northern gothic looks). Ok, It's getting too long. Have a nice trip.
>>
>>1211947
Thank you friend!
I will definitely check those out. Aside from Nowa Huta and the aviation are there any other intresting cold war places?
I will hit up those places to eat. Last time I was in Poland I really enjoyed the really cheap milk bars, do you have any favourites?
>>
>>1212274
I do visit a local milk bar sometimes but never in the centre (I live here, so when I find some time to go out I'm looking for someting more interesting :) ). But there is a place with good polish cuisine on Miodowa st. in Kazimierz called Sąsiedzi (Neighbors). There are two places with the same word in the name next to each other (same owner) one is a restaurant, and second is kinda like a milk bar. Bad siedes of milk bars is you always smell like food for the rest of a day after you visit one. I've heard there are some atomic bomb shelters you can visit in Nova Huta but I haven't been yet (not really my thing). But there is a lot of pre WWI fortyfications around the city that are interesting to see, especially that few of them are closed for the public but noone is guarding them so if you dare you can find a hole in the wall and explore (like the one in Podgorze district) Just be careful obviously, and just walk around it, not inside. One legal one with the museum is in Kopiec Kosciuszki (Waszyngtona 1 al.). Besides the fort you can see the panoramic view of the city from it, and walk around in the park area that it is in (there is zoo there as well ;) but not as cool like in Wrocław. Last thing about that area is - there is an early medieval monastery that only men can visit :D Good for anons ey? Also there is a post austrian fort (Fort 45 in Zielonki). A bit outside of Kraków. There is a hotel there right now and a shooting range. Best way to visit it is to make a reservation with an instructor for some shooting and he will drive you there and you can shoot some eastern block guns with him. Good times. Have fun mate.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.