[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sri Lanka, 3 weeks in March.. Hello fellow /trv/lers. Im going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: images (1).png (6KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).png
6KB, 318x159px
Sri Lanka, 3 weeks in March..
Hello fellow /trv/lers.
Im going for 3 weeks, landing in Negombo, going to head south stopping along the way to Galle, then up to Kandy before heading back to Colombo... What do I see along the way, nearby places I should know about. Anyone familiar with the trains? Someone told me I need to book in advance...
Sri Lanka general
>>
>>1210174
you have a tour guide?
and its less of a hassle if you book in advance
>>
I did that same route in reverse, but in half the time.
I did a whale watching tour from Mirissa which was good.
Didn't have time to go to the animal safari park that's down in that area, but it looks cool.
Overall if I'd had more time I think I would have rented a bicycle or motorbike and just fucked around the countryside meeting people and eating weird food.
I don't think you need to book in advance for trains.
>>
Take the seaplane from Kandi back to Colombo, that's my advice. The roads are windy and it takes a long time to get everywhere.

Between the south and Kandi is Nuwarra Elia and a few other mountains, which deserve to be checked out.
>>
>>1210236
I have no guide, but was considering finding someone, like a driver/guide for up in the cultural triangle.
>>
>>1210297
Ill make note of that, cheers

>>1210253
Nice, how was mirissa? worth staying there or is it over run with tourists?. It looks like there is no shortage of beaches around, Id rather not stay on the busiest of them all
>>
>>1210174
Hey dickhead, I wrote a big reply to your last thread but you never responded and let the thread die.
>>
File: 1484267841180.jpg (232KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
1484267841180.jpg
232KB, 600x459px
>>1210351
sorry friend.. i cant always be on 4chan. I will try to be more attentive next time..
>>
>>1210356
fuck you, here was my original reply

I did three weeks from late dec - early jan. Highlights for me was walking along the train tracks in Ella, riding on my bike around Polonuwara, homestay at Mirissa (Sagopearl guesthouse - the host will cook you great meals) and Sigiriya. A lot of people bitch about the cost of Sigiriya but I did that and the other rock and enjoyed it immensely.

General advice - I didn't realize you could reserve 2nd class seats until like my third train trip. It's worth it, although I was in the high season so every train was packed. Couldn't even see outside the window on the coastal line.

The beaches are meh, although I'm from Australia so my standards are high. Unawatuna was shit and full of sunburnt Russians. Hikkaduwa was okay - turtles were cool and some average snorkelling. Mirissa was cleaner and less packed, probably the best of all three I went to.

Hostels seem to be few and far between, and often the same price as a double room. Was weird. The tuk tuk drivers were fucking relentless sometimes and often after you agreed to a price they would then bitch about it and try to get more money at the end.

Hope you have fun, I enjoyed Sri Lanka but had a lot of annoyances with the place. Much less traveller friendly than SE Asia and even Nepal where I was before SL.
>>
>>1210334
Yeah, Mirissa is pretty touristy, we only chose to settle there because we hadn't heard of anywhere better.
I doubt there's an undeveloped stretch of beach anywhere in the country, but if you think you can find it godspeed.
Mirissa isn't a bad place to socialize with other white people, though.
>>
Be aware of the prices. You van eat for 300 rupees in a local restaurant. Like 700 in s tourist one. Use local shops. Bargain.
Oh, cigarettes are ridiculously expensive. 1000 rupees for a packet of filters. Ask for capstans ;)
Trains drive ridiculously slow. Busses drive ridiculously fast.
No need to book anything in advance.
>>
>>1210407
Thanks for the details... I'm having a hard time understanding whether I'm in the high season or not.. it seems it depends on which side of the island youre on at the time.. and march seems in between, so I'm thinking it's kinda the shoulder season, if there is a shoulder season..
Another weird thing was the power outlets, some are british style and some Indian? In your experience was one alot more prevalent than the other?
>>
Didn't wanna make a new thread for it so imma ask it here

Which is best place in India to get laid don't tell me bs like you can get laid anywhere if you got game and shit.

Prefer places where there are lot of tourists and foreigners
>>
>>1210661
The best place in India for hot hookups with sexy women, is definitely in Sri Laka
>>
File: DSC00942.jpg (7MB, 5152x3864px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00942.jpg
7MB, 5152x3864px
I also went there in december and found it really nice.

>>1210407
I also enjoyed Ella and Sigiriya a lot.
The most beatiful beach was definitely in Tangalle (pic related). Theres kilometers of almost empty beach. Just make sure you don´t stay directly in the town. There´s a number of guesthouses and hotels spread along the coast. Mirissa was very cool at night with all the restaurants at the beach but at daytime it was to crowded for my taste.
The beaches at the east coast are said to be much less touristy but we didn´t go to this side of the island.

Going by train is a must in the highland. Just try to find a empty doorway and let your feet hang outside. This was one of the highlights of the trip.
>>
>>1210825
sweet, that's what i'm looking for..
>>
>>1210407
>>1210825
Are the trains overcrowded? What about in 1st class?
>>
>>1211351
I was in peak season and they were packed.

You can book a seat in 2nd class for like 600 LKR which was worth it. We had tried just normal 2nd class for the coast line (colombo to galle) and ella to hatton (for adams peak) and both times we were packed in like sardines - couldn't even see out a window.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.