[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>anon posts on /trv/ >hey guys i'm going to so and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

>anon posts on /trv/
>hey guys i'm going to so and so in 2 hours what do i do there lol

am i the only one who actually researches travel destinations?
>>
>>1209855
i actually envy people like that.
i'm the polar opposite. 'in which degree i should hold my left eyebrow when i ask for a second serving of x special food in nth back alley of y neighborhood, and which seat of which table is the best at 10.13am?'
luckily i have similar travel buddies, to we have an ongoing competition of who can come up with the most obscure cultural knowledge and most useless and edgy travel tips, i don't know what i am going to do with my travel life if they get bored of researching.
>>
>>1209855
most of those threads are just bait threads or people forgetting this board exists.

Personally I research my destinations and save a googledoc and throw it on my calendar for shit when I travel. That said, I don't always follow it to the dot, I generally have some hard set stuff I will do and wing it the rest, sometimes ask trv "hey I am here what is there to do" but generally will look for a thread relative to where I am.
>>
>>1209855
>asks people for advice/tips/etc
>means they've done no reaearch
Okay genius
>>
>>1210036
Most of these OPs never actually did any research though.
>>
>>1210037
Is it not the purpose of this board to share knowledge and help each other?
>>
>>1210053
Yeah as long as you're not doing what these faggots often do and ask other people to do their research for them without doing anything on their part prior to making a thread.
>>
>>1210036
Nah, I think you haven't seen some threads... There are lazy ass bitches here thinking we're going to type stuff into google for them.
But it's okay, laziness keeps fresh.
>>
I have a tough time of deciding whether I should plan out everything or just choose a destination and hope for the best. Some of the most fun I've had is because things happened spontaneously, but on the flip side of that I've been really bored or felt like I wasted time because I didn't plan enough.

It's a difficult conflict for me and I'm not too sure if there's a middle ground
>>
>>1209855
Mods used to delete shitposting meta-threads -- I wonder if they still do.
>>
>>1209855
When you research popular destinations you often get hit by information overload.
If you feel like the general spirit of /trv/ fits your worldview, information from other posters here might be valuable to filter out stuff.

That said, I'm also one of those people who will spend a month researching some place I'm going for a weekend.
>>
>>1209855
>dumb frogposter is dumb
wow, what a surprise
>>
>>1210102
> information overload
If you can't structure even this kind of information, you're fucking dumb and should stay home anyway
>>
This board is much more helpful than your typical google search bullcrap, I've gathered some good info here throughout time from fellow travelers and /b/tards generally.
>>
>>1210076
No. Only ones talking about sex and women, and only once a week when they do a drive by through the board
>>
File: 1478857384310.jpg (296KB, 1000x703px) Image search: [Google]
1478857384310.jpg
296KB, 1000x703px
I research every destination before a trip, so I know what to expect and what I shouldnt miss out on. I only ask here of anything additional that the travel books dont cover
>>
File: 1485715360839.jpg (10KB, 261x223px) Image search: [Google]
1485715360839.jpg
10KB, 261x223px
>hey guys I'm visiting relatives in Florence South Carolina in 5 minutes, can anyone tell me about the nightlife

>Hello my white brothers, I want to go on vacation to germany but I am quite concerned about the refugee crime problem, any tips to stay safe? I obviously won't go out out night or go to any shitskin infested big cities but I am still very concerned.

>What's fun to do in X place? I'm a 6'3" pretty fit white blonde dude with blue eyes btw if that matters I think it does
>>
>>1209855
So what is the board for. It is already quite slow.
If not for that we would have only pol threads.
>>
File: mfw.png (137KB, 633x345px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
137KB, 633x345px
>>1211639
>I've been thinking of moving to South Africa for awhile now. There are a lot of things I like about the country and it has white people
>>
TripAdvisor is my Bible, in Europe at least. I put the price range to one £ out of three then just sort by rating. Found some really decent places.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.