[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planning a European trip for this spring. (Late April to midway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: yourip.png (77KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
yourip.png
77KB, 350x277px
Planning a European trip for this spring. (Late April to midway through June). Pic related general area. Already planning on hitting up most of the major cities/obvious tourist shit.

Wondering about peoples experiences with these places/which they would recommend if I can only go to a couple.

>Siena
>Ravenna
>Heidelberg
>Augsburg
>Zell am See
>Hallstat
>Dijon
>Metz

Open to suggestions for any other non-immediate but still easily accessible destinations.

Main interests are nature/history/drinking if that helps.
>>
Definitely check out Southern France
>>
Definitely check out Northern Italy.
>>
Definitely check out Western Austria.
>>
Definitely check out Southern Germany.
>>
Definitely check out Switzerland.
>>
Definitely check out Japan.
>>
Definitely check out of your hotel on time
>>
Slovenia, Ljubljana.
>>
>>1209451
The route I was thinking would involve turning towards Switzerland after Lyon. Was thinking I'd do my Riviera time in Italy and save Southern France for another trip. Appreciate the suggestion though.

>>1209464
>>1209514
>>1209523
>>1209582
>>1209609
>>1209632
Well memed.

>>1209804
Ljubljana seems interesting. Pretty do able transport link wise as well. Anything specific you'd recommend there?

Also would still appreciate any experiences/opinions with/on the list in the OP.
>>
>>1209632
kek
>>
Siena is nice but EXTREMELY touristy. Even Florence wasn't as overcrowded as Siena. Check out Bologna if you can.
>>
>>1209965
Yeah figured Italy might be the shitshowiest outside of Paris for tourists. If I end up going to Siena I'll just hope at least some of them are Daytrippers.

Bologna I was definitely planning on hitting up anyways, any places you'd recommend there?
>>
If you're interested in Ljubljana and Bologna, I can only point out the only city in between that you should see: Trieste. Well, and Venice too. But Trieste is an interesting mix of Austrian, Italian and Slavic.
>>
File: Nördlingen_009.jpg (96KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Nördlingen_009.jpg
96KB, 600x338px
>>1209217
>Augsburg
Personally didn't like it, felt like a soulless hectic city with some historic monuments unaestetically scattered inbetween. But to be fair, I didn't spend much time there and I had no sleep the night before which results in a rather negative view about pretty much everything.
Anyway, I'd recommend nearby Nördlingen instead. Cozy, circular and completely walled medieval town. Not very touristic but still easily accessible.

>Siena
If you go there, you might also want to check out San Gimignano and/or Volterra as well. Very close but I don't know if its easy to get there.

>Riviera time in Italy
Definitely Cinque Terre. Extremely touristic but extremely beautiful. I guess any of the five "villages" will do, except Monterosse which is rather dull in comparison. Manarola should be the most famous one, closely followed by Vernazza.

Look up Strasbourg.

Go to fucking Venice.

And be prepared for Switzerland's prices.
>>
So yeah, you need to go to Strasbourg. It is great.

Then, as far as Augsburg goes, i would skip it entirely as another anon mentioned, it is meh at most. Munich is great, bigger, souther and you should go there. If you absolutely want to avoid it as it is a big city and touristy at times, go to Regensburg instead, it is really close.

So close you could actually spend a day there, and the another visiting Dachau KZ(munich metropolitan). regensburg is Quaint, and has the most bars per capita in Germany. Lots and lots of nice brews there, including all the munich classics.

From there on, if you want something completely out of circuit and you are a nature guy, take a hike along the partnachklamm. It is a gorgeous natural gorge and then you hike up the mountain, and see the alps and all. Short hike, moderate to easy difficulty. Bonus points, some bavarian folks have opened up an alpine restaurant up there. the food is 2/5, but hey, there is food and you can get a nice fresh Maß of Augustiner (1L) beer for dirt cheap considering you are on top of a mountain.
(i lived in munich for some time and this was one of my nicest hikes)

Enjoy the trip
>>
German here
Augsburg will disappoint you, its a pretty boring city. I suggest you to visit the Bodensee after Straßbourg, especially Friedrichshafen (you can fly on a Zeppelin there). Then I would visit Munich (you can stop midway at Neuschwanstein).
>>
>>1209833
I'd specifically recommend the restaurant Spazja in Ljubljana. Incredible.
>>
Thanks for the all the great information guys.

Munich and Strasbourg are definitely happening regardless, glad to see so much hype for the latter. Augsburg looks it should take a backseat.

>>1211328
Trieste definitely interests me, might not have the time for it on this trip but if I do the stretch to Ljublana I think it's pretty likely.

>>1211352
Yeah Cinque Terre is the plan for Riviera time, family who's been to Italy said it was the highlight of their trip.

Budgeting a few days in Treviso province to look up some family history (1 set of great-grandparents from there) if it goes quick than I'll likely hit up Venice.

Ass is clenched for Switzerland.

>>1211355
This stuff sounds great, definitely getting more and more excited for whatever I can fit in on the German leg.

>>1211496
I'd actually be doing this in the reverse order with the route I'm planning and the Zeppelin's probably out of my budget especially with the Swiss cash incinerator in the plans but I hadn't thought at all about checking out that lake region in Germany, I'll look into that for sure.

>>1211528
Appreciate the suggestion cheers.
>>
Milan's attractions can be seen in a good 2 days of sightseeing
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.