[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got experience with leaving his car behind in russia (without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
Anyone got experience with leaving his car behind in russia (without the costly process of importing etc)?

Thinking about just pretending to have gotten it stolen but im not exactly sure wether thats a good idea.

>pic semirelated
>>
go to a car dealer > sell your car > profit
>>
Not really an option because i would have to pay a huge import tax thats actually higher than what i wpuld get payed for the car.
>>
>>1208972
Sell it in the country it is in, dummy
>>
>>1208760
Why not sell it for cash to a local?
>>
>>1208972
You really think it's impossible to sell a car without paying import tax? Lots of offers online. Well, it will be discounted, of cause, but still it's a better option than "pretending to have it stolen".
>>
>>1208978
the idea is to travel to russia by car and go back by plane, thats why i would have to sell it there

>>1209001
of course its possible but only unofficially, the thing is i need a official paper that says that i got "rid" of the car in a legal way so i can show it at the passport control at the airport
>>
>>1209063
Then hire a rental and drop it at the airport. Whatever amount they'll charge you should be cheaper than the cost of a car. My next rental is 350€ for 3 weeks with 3600km allowance
>>
>>1209077
ill be on the road for several months so i highly doubt that
>>
File: 1454610807314.jpg (71KB, 387x449px) Image search: [Google]
1454610807314.jpg
71KB, 387x449px
Oh, lada niva, i wanna buy that car once
>>
>>1209078
Then sell it to a scrapyard against a certificate that says your car was broken and FUBAR.
>>
>>1209085
even for scraping i would have to import it first, unless i get a police report that states that the car broke in russia, as far ad i understand
>>
>>1209098
So since you already have a "but" for every suggestion, just dump it and leave.

Also
>implying in Russia, no one would shell a few rubles for a working car without its paperworks
>>
>>1209063
>the thing is i need a official paper that says that i got "rid" of the car in a legal way
is it really so? Wow. How does it work? you get the car mentioned in your entry/exit slips?
I'm learning something new about my country lol
>>
>>1209306
dont want to demotivate people to give me answers but i just already considered the most obvious solutions, i was just hoping that someone on this board already did something like this

again, dumping it is not an option as i need an official paper

>>1209379
i wasnt able to figure out how exactly it works but read that they do put it on record on several occasions

you of course get a different stamp in your passport if you arrive by car, im just not sure if they distinguish between arriving with a private car or eg the car of a russian friend of yours
>>
just bring a car that isn't worth shit a 40% tax on cavalier wont kill you.
>>
Okay OP Maybe I can offer a bit more advice. I'm from the U.S. and planned on buying a car in europe and taking it into Central Asia and maybe Russia if I had to. The laws regarding cars are very similiar if not the same for a lot of Central Asian states/mongolia and Russia. The best way most is to be with a group/rally that has contacts to sell/donate the car at the end of your trip. If this is not an option do still look into selling donating, maybe in a central Asian country like Mongolia, Kazakhstan or Kyrgyzstan. Kyrgyzstan is supposedly the best as they have car markets but be VERY VERY sure you get the paperwork needed to show you sold the car. That or, my plan was, to basically kill the car so that it is written off and you do not need to take it out of the country. The best way I thought up of this was to put a small leak in the oil tank (not the gas tank the oil tank) so that it slowly bleeds oil (this can happen naturally on shitty roads without you noticing anyway) so it looks plausible.When the engine runs out of oil you will hear the engine "knock" which is it banging itself around as it has no lubricant, when that happens you want to gun that fucker so that the components heat up and damage each other, this WILL kill the engine and is not recoverable, it cannot be fixed and the only way to get the car working again is a new engine so the car is totaled. I was planning on doing this on a major road with lots of police so I could get the official paperwork needed to show that the car cannot be taken out of the country.

However, that was my plan because I am from the U.S. If you are from Europe or an adjacent land-mass I would seriously advise you to consider just driving the thing back to your home country. I know it sounds like a pain in the ass but think about the bureaucratic nonsense you will have to deal with to prove the car if dead before you get on that flight home, it may take some time too, You could take an alternate route home and see more
>>
File: 17-cigarette-smoking-man-153073.jpg (80KB, 990x661px) Image search: [Google]
17-cigarette-smoking-man-153073.jpg
80KB, 990x661px
>>1209567
... see more sights/places along the way, then you could sell it at home if you need the cash. I would really go with this one if it is feasible. Intentionally totaling the car may get you some scrutiny, I've never heard of anyone getting in a lot of trouble as long as you didn't OBVIOUSLY sabotage it (setting it on fire). I wouldn't recommend trying to make it appear it was stolen, that is way too much involvement and lying to post-soviet law enforcement which you have no idea how to navigate and could head in a direction you may not expect or like and would be very time consuming. An accident/totalling the car is far easier more likely to work out.

Again, If you can, drive the car home.
>>
File: CSM_X_Files_2016.png (191KB, 328x341px) Image search: [Google]
CSM_X_Files_2016.png
191KB, 328x341px
>>1209570

Another option is to take a small cc motorcycle (you may or may not need a licence, do your research for all of this obviously) instead. A lot of auto import laws in these countries do not have anything regarding small motorcycles or scooters about entering and exiting with them. Some states do not even record that you entered with a vehicle if it is one of these so you have a good chance of just being able to sell it/ditch it somewhere. You should learn up on hopw to ride one and be comfy with it because driving in Russia/post soviet countries can be dangerous.

It may not so much be the reasoning for Russia but central Asian states have stringent import laws to prevent people from doing what you are planning, driving half dead beaters into their nation and selling them/ditching them, they do not want to be a graveyard for half dead cars.

in short look into donating selling (pretty shitty)
just drive it home (best option honestly if you are from europe)
total the car as I explained, it will work it has happened to a car I owned in the states.
take a motorcycle.
>>
>>1209572
>>1209570
>>1209567
thanks anon, sounds like based advice
ill have to look into all of these to see what fits me best
>>
Go in the Ryazan
>>
>>1209690
mind to elaborate?
>>
>>1208760
couldn't find a trustworthy Russian who drives the car over the border for you? I mean as a citizen you can just leave the country anyway right?

>inb4 trusting a random Russian with your car
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.