[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here we go....I've finally gathered around CAD$100,000,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: funny-sports-fans-163.jpg (53KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
funny-sports-fans-163.jpg
53KB, 500x334px
Here we go....I've finally gathered around CAD$100,000, (Living in Mexico) I'm planning on moving to Canada, (If you don't know shit about Canada ignore this post) otherwise,,,, what would be the best area to move into?, I'll be a full time student the first 2 years BTW., (PLanning on studying Civil Engineering)
>>
noone? ok Asdios
>>
I mean half the population lives in southern Ontario, Toronto and the surrounding area is where the majority of people are therefore so are of he jobs.
Vancouver is nice but kind of boring and ridiculously expensive nowadays.
Montreal is an icehell during the winter but rent is cheap.
Alberta is beautiful but I hated Calgary when I went.
Do you have a school you're enrolled in or what? Waterloo and western university have good engineering programs from what I hear.
Tbh I wouldn't advise moving to Canada but I'm biased and I suppose Mexico is about to go into a recession due to all the trump stuff.
Do you any other options?
>>
How the hell did you manage to save up 100K canadian as a mexican??

PS: if you're not willing to learn french, you'll have a very hard time finding work in Quebec as a civil engineer
>>
>>1208538
Or actually, why don't you use that 100k to buy a house in Mexico and just stay there? You seem to be doing fine so you might as well continue that
Winters in Canada suck and you have much better girls

T. Montrealer currently in Mexico
>>
Google gavin McInnis moving to Canada.
It's meant to be funny but the points he makes are real
>>
Mexico is so much better than canada, but these idiots wont realize that.

Its like people that watch LA LA Land and expect LA to be perfect like in the movie, and then they arrive and its a fucking shithole, homeless everywhere, homeless in front of chinese theater, homeless in front of angels stairs, they are everywhere and make you feel so unsafe worst than i ever felt in mexico.

Not to mention street hotdogs are $3 while in mexico are $1, food in mexico is C H E A P.

Source: Living in mexico earning US dollars.
>>
File: full.png (30KB, 1000x950px) Image search: [Google]
full.png
30KB, 1000x950px
>>1209053
This, also Canada is full unless you're a bajilionaire who's going to create high-paying jobs.
>pic related
>>
>>1208534
Honestly I'd say BC or Ontario would be best but both places will devour you in terms of cost of living

I'd say use your money and buy a house in Ontario, NEVER rent especially with that much cash for a down payment

If you like to suffer you can live in Barrie for slightly cheaper and still commute to Toronto via the train
>>
>>1208537
Waterloo here. I'd say we have the best eng programs in the country, but there's nothing to do here. UofT is way better for shit to do and their eng programs are almost as good.
>>
Canada is so terrible. Why Canada? If you're gonna drop that kind of cash on living expenses and uni why not Belgium or Germany or something?
I'm moving away next week and never returning. The price, the weather, the snobbery, cannot be justified . Too many minuses, unless you're one hobby is to hike in the cold
>>
I'm from Canada
Province of Quebec, from a rural area and now living in the main cultural city of The province if not the Country (Montreal).

The winters are hard.
There arent as many jobs as people think there are.
Rent is cheap if you dont live downtown, however , you might need to learn french if you want to work anywhere else than on the south shore of montreal ( Some secluded part of montreal where anglophones live)

You get free french lessons if you move to montreal, all paid for by the government.

Education is great, and much cheaper than in the USA, but if you're not a citizen you'll get tapped with 1000$ outsider's fee, so me, as a grad student, I pay 700$ for 2 classes part time, you would have to pay that + 1000$ fee as an out-of-country student.

Other than that, its great, peaceful and most people mind the cold so they don't move here.
>>
Lived in Ft. McMurray area for a while a few years ago and really didn't like Albertans. Never spent much time anywhere else in Canada but would not recommend Edmonton or Calgary.
>>
File: 1404737980446.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1404737980446.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
>>1209607
>>
>>1208534
Vancouver Island, bro. All the benefit of WestCoast BestCoast, less of the nightmare cost of Vancouver
>>
File: 1471016209090.jpg (59KB, 540x509px) Image search: [Google]
1471016209090.jpg
59KB, 540x509px
>>1211406
>Vancouver Island
Tree hugging granolas. Flakes and nuts.
Enjoy your stay!
>>
>>1208534
Fuck off spic, we're full
>>
>>1208534
Engineering is 4 years
>>
>>>Aight sit down and read carefully bruh. I'm Canadian, born and raised. Aside from here, I lived in Europe (Good'ol Deutschland). So i'm biased like everyone.

West Coast, ie: Vancouver. Okay so this bitch is EXXXXPENSIVE. Asians everywhere. Great food, good vibes in the summer, very hipstery for the rich kind of hipsters. Finding a job is easy, finding one that pays rent, forget it.

Victoria Islands and other are great little microcosms where people are isolated from real life. But, UVic and Royal roads Uni are pretty cool.Still expensive as fuck.

Alberta: Effin' gorgeous. Calgary is meh at most, and relatively conservative for a big canadian capital. Hyper economy makes shit expensive there too. Very meh. Edmonton is the hipster version of Calgary, but can get quite boring.

Saskatchewan: Regina: lots of jobs for social workers cause lots of drug and social issues. Not an interesting place. Would avoid.

Manitoba: Winnipeg: Hipstery, if you can get into a clique you will have fun. Otherwise bland and meh aside from the student life. Cool underground "unique" canadian culture tho. Still meh.

Ontario: Probably where you will sell out your soul and move. Toronto is a big shopping mall that younger generations try to make into Montreal, but it is not. Great if you are into humanities and that type of stuff. UofT is one of the best unis in the world, and, while cheaper than vancouver, it is still expensive. You will be able to find a student job easily.
Ottawa: Capital of Canada. Fun in the beginning, but a bit boring quickly after. UofO is of decent standing and has many bilingual programs, so thats cool if you are into french.
Hamilton:meh
London: meh
Kingston: Honnestly, been only once, was boring as hell, but wouldnt know more asdie from the fact that it is cute.

Quebec:
Montreal: Your average coolish hipster city. Rent is dirt cheap, cost of life is below canadian average and the social system, while slow and retarded,

>>>1/2
>>
>>1211889
>>> 2/2

Works for you in many regards. Montreal has many unis, many, many. So it has a very cool student vibe, even if you aren't in all the hipster trash or the PC bullshit. Great conferences etc. Fair warning, while it is the one place in Quebec you can get away with english, it is a must, at some point, to get some french in you. The many universities all have good standing, are pretty cheap by international standards even for foreigners and offer quality education. Concordia is more lefty and has good engineering depts, McGill is one of the worlds top unis but is a bit stuffy and posh, has good engineering as well. ETS and Polytechnique are both French engineering schools, I work in HR and when we were in Engineering we preferred people from Poly. But hey.

THAT SAID. Montreal is a freezing hellhole in the winter, and FRENCH. But Culturally, its the most vibrant city in Canada imo

Quebec City: The conservative and relatively racist cousin of Montreal. Has cool architecture and quaint neighbourhoods. English is not an option there.

Sherbrooke is a great student city in QC, but very french. Dirt cheap tho and not much aside from student life.

Saguenay: Hick part of Quebec, lots of women (usually quite pretty and nice) but fuck off if you cant french. Also, no public transport, it is like a giant suburb hidden in the trees, also, forgot anything English at the undergrad level.

I will skip over New Brunswick, but yo, Moncton is funny.

Nova Scotia: That leaves Halifax and Dartmouth. Both cool, both on the ocean (soooo much lobster), feels like a tiny village. Everyone knows everyone. Great culture, affordable rent if you are willing to live away from center. I would consider. A mexican would definitely stand out but N-S is very Welcoming (as is most of Canada in General). Gets a bit cold from the ocean winds in the winter. Yo, BOATs
EVERYWHERE.

Source: I'm Canadian yo and have been to all of the aforementioned places for a while.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.