[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there such thing as a martial arts temple where you can stay,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 7587595896_db1a919508_b.jpg (235KB, 1024x687px) Image search: [Google]
7587595896_db1a919508_b.jpg
235KB, 1024x687px
Is there such thing as a martial arts temple where you can stay, get meals, and training for a year in exchange of work ???
>>
>>1207338

But there's buddhist temples where you can stay and live in exchange for work. There must be a martial arts version around...
>>
>>1207340
I'm sorry but you'll have to abandon your wuxia dreams.
>>
File: Weeb_c975d0_6122355.jpg (106KB, 900x875px) Image search: [Google]
Weeb_c975d0_6122355.jpg
106KB, 900x875px
This is the cringiest thread since the Somali backpacker pic related is OP
>>
>>1207343

hahaha, come on... im not like that. Plus I've already found some schools.... for pretentious westners....

Theres nothing bad about wantig to learn martial arts the most rustic way possible.

Plus, I've been in the army, and I've lived a buddhist temple. Good adventures.
>>
>>1207335
>Is there such thing as a martial arts temple where you can stay, get meals, and training for a year in exchange of work ?
For work? No.
For cold hard cash? Definitely.

The Shaolin temple has three kinds of monks:
>Actual buddhist monks who meditate and beg that's about it
>Kungfu monks that combine buddhism and kungfu and also keep the shows going

And then there's the third kind. Temporary monks who stay a year or two, do some very, very light buddhist shit and mostly just train kungfu under instructors from the second type of monk. There's a quota on them, they allow a certain number of foreigners in and I think you might even have to audition for it. The foreigners I've seen have all been serious martial artists before hand, not overweight sinaboos with Bruce Lee delusions. Well, they were sinaboos but they were very fit, already mastered some other kungfu etc in addition to being sinaboos. The key point is that these students all pay a shitload of cash.

There are also shitloads of non-temple martial arts academies in China that will take anyone for cash. The town near the Shaolin temple is called Dengfeng and has a dozen of those academies. So does the town at the base of Wudan Mountain.

The Wudan temple is several related temples on the mountain (Wudang Shan) and one of them has a big hotel for tourists and students. They will train people for cash as well, you stay in the hotel and train every day for as long as you want I think. My kungfu class did a tour and stayed in the hotel (I think there are in house hookers there too, some guys said that the massage ladies wanted to fuck them or at least do handjobs) and did a Wudan Taiji class, it was pretty good. Of course it cost money.

>>1207344
>for pretentious westners
Oh, you are way too late for that. Anything you do in this line is going to be pretentious, best get over that right now.
>>
>>1207340
Thailand has gyms like this but I was worried about my eyes
>>
BMF ranch
>>
>>1207335
What could you possibly offer them in terms of work? Are you going to be their IT manager?
>>
The Kodokan of Judo allows live in training if you pay. Hardcore from what I hear.

There's connection Rio for bjj, again you pay, but your trip revolves around training.
>>
>>1207344
>for pretentious westners.
how naieve can one person be
>>
>>1207335
Actually the Shaolin Temple is a commercial circus nowadays.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.