[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>visa requires my employers contact details >I am not on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: our-adopted-Afghan-Hedgehog.jpg (119KB, 720x515px) Image search: [Google]
our-adopted-Afghan-Hedgehog.jpg
119KB, 720x515px
>visa requires my employers contact details
>I am not on good terms with my employer
>I havn't told my employer I'm leaving the country, if he finds out he will fire me
what do?
>>
>>1207139
Do you have any friends?
What country are you going to? Will they take "self employed," or are they trying to establish your likelihood to go home by making sure you have a good job?
>>
File: 1445271741247-1.png (8KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445271741247-1.png
8KB, 640x480px
>>1207141
I'm heading to china, but only as a tourist so my visa doesn't hinge on my employment
I was self employed for a while, but not anymore

the only thing I'm worried about is them calling my boss for some reason, and my boss realizing what's going on and denying he's my employer; thus invalidating my visa application

if I say I'm unemployed I will probably just be grilled by immigration
"are you planning to work in china"
"do you have an employer in china"
"did an emploer invite you to china"
"are you getting paid for volunteering in china"
"are you an english teacher"
etc, etc, etc

>Do you have any friends?
pic related
>>
Soo.... you're employed but you're leaving the country? You realize he's gonna find out in a couple of hours once you don't go back to the office?

Elaborate on your situation senpai.
>>
>>1207159
well it's not too complicated

I work a shitty job, which I want to leave and go to china

if I tell the boss I plan to quit in a month, he will fire me on the spot, leaving me out of work until I leave for china

so instead, I will resign a week or two before I leave
>what a shitty thing to do to your boss
the love goes both ways, trust me
>>
Tell your boss you plan to quit and let him fire you.
Go to the local staffing agency, get in their system and work a temp job. List them as your employer.

If the Chinese consulate calls them and says "Does dumb anon work for you?" they'll look you up on the computer and say "Yes, yes he does."

This is really unlikely to happen, though as many students and travel bums visit China every year. You may have to sign a paper stating you don't intend to work in China, but mostly they care more if you have money and/or forward travel plans.
>>
>>1207186
>staffing agency
perfect, didn't even think of that
thanks anon
>>
>>1207180
FWIW giving your boss two weeks notice that you're quitting is not a shitty thing to do, it's a normal thing to do.
>>
They're not going to call your boss. Just put down your own number or your google voice number. It's not like they deny the visa if you don't pick up.

I put down my employer's details for a china tourist visa and they were never called. I was about to quit in a few weeks anyway.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.