[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do young people travel to or stay for a year or two in australia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1484936282491.jpg (80KB, 634x742px) Image search: [Google]
1484936282491.jpg
80KB, 634x742px
Why do young people travel to or stay for a year or two in australia? It doesnt have any cultural or historical significance that is kuch different than other predominantly white western countries. I can understand teaching English in Taiwan for the cultural experience. But whats with Australia? Is it just because people party a lot and have lots of sex or something?
>>
It's a nice country, much like Canada, New Zealand and the UK are.
>>
>>1206754

It has funny animals

that's it
>>
Weathers nice, friendly people, cool animals (very large enclosures that you can explore eg Australian reptile park), monuments/landmarks, and of course the Aussie party life and drinking culture.
>>
Working visa. us burgers have limited options
>>
>>1206754
People want to say that they went to the other side of the world, but they also don't want to deal with strange poor people that speak incomprehensible languages
>>
>>1206754
Getting laid is part of it, clearly youre an ugly beta who will never get to experience the touch of beautiful women. But its also beautiful beaches, nature, hot girls, sun, sand, hot weather, jdm cars, off roading, ocean fishing, scuba diving etc. Etc.

As for "cultural" or "historic" significance, piss off. People are the same all over, i get wanting to experience something strange and exotic but if youre traveling for "significance" youre a pretentious autist who just want to bore other blowhards with your lame stories. Also you want to teach english in taiwan because you think they dont realize what a ugly pseudo intellectual loser you are but guess what? They do. Youll always be a geek and deep down you know this so you hope to impress people with your worldliness. but theyll think, what a geek, he was a geek in taiwan, he was a geek traveling asia, and hes a geek at this dinner party.
>>
>>1206868
>Australia
>Beautiful women
Can't have both (in general).

>cultural significance - piss off
>butthurt native detected
Face it. If not for a bunch of great movies way back when, you have nothing. You can all go where Michael Hutchence went for all I care.
>>
>>1206961
Even your insults are pretentious
>>
>>1207062
>pretentious
>I use this word out of context cause I am a typical aussie pleb
>I am still butthurt cuz a bunch of bloody foreigners sees my country for what it really is
Jog on, convict
>>
File: b52[1].png (1MB, 1294x1230px) Image search: [Google]
b52[1].png
1MB, 1294x1230px
>>1206868
>>
>>1206754
High minimum wage and seasonal agricultural jobs allow people to travel perpetually around the country which has unique geography, flora and fauna.Generally they save enough to spend another few months after Australia travelling the banana pancake trial or they stop off in oz for a year to recharge their savings after spending time in Asia so can then go see more of Asia.
>>
>This thread

there's some seriously salty Amerifats in here
>>
File: australians-how-we-view-them[1].jpg (41KB, 650x331px) Image search: [Google]
australians-how-we-view-them[1].jpg
41KB, 650x331px
>>1207115
>amerifats
>muh wrong ad hominem will surely keep them from dissing muh great country
>>
>>1207128
WeKnowMemes
>>
>>1206754
as others have said, high standard of living, reasonably safe, unique flora and fauna, we live to party and friendly. just dont be american and you'll have a ball.
>>
>>1206778
unique is a better word.
>>
>>1207160
>just dont be american

Are aussies generally anti-american?
>>
Western standard of living
Easy WHV for most Westerners
Good party scene
Jumping off point/base camp for SEA, Polynesia, NZ, etc.

/thread
>>
>>1207216
Not especially, it's just Americans can't handle our banter here.

Also you guys always point out how many Asian and Muslim people live here and it's weird as fuck. Please stop doing that.
>>
>>1207270
>you guys always point out how many Asian and Muslim people live here

Are those dudes from flyover country, because I live in Socal and that is not really notable at all to me.
>>
>>1207271
I work in a tourist area, with lots of recent immigrants and backpackers from all over the world. Americans are always the ones who comment on the local populations.
>>
>>1207272
Americans from all over their country, I should clarify.
>>
For me, it was the WHV. Tank up on money in the middle of a long trip and get together with doe-eyed backpacking girls, what's not to like?
Plus, the weather's great. Man oh me, now you've got me nostalgic again!
>>
>>1206806
I was under the impression that zero countries allowed US citizens working visa. Interesting but kinda makes Australia look weak
>>
>>1206754
>It doesnt have any cultural or historical significance that is kuch different than other predominantly white western countries
You sound like passive-aggressive ethnic with an inferiority complex or a self-hating college phase liberal
>>
Sex, drugs, booze, partying, great weather, beaches... Basically most people are here because they're not travelers, they're just on a prolonged vacation that allows them to work as well through WHV's.

A lot of them are kids who are away from their parents for the first time in their lives. You think they should instead go to fucking Guatemala or Zimbabwe? Australia is the perfect first destination.
>>
>>1207086
Fuck me this hit hard, waited like 15 seconds for the image to load haha.
>>
>>1206754

>get on the tram in st kilda in summer
>fucking backpacker scum everywhere

go to fucking Queensland fuck off out of Melbourne
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.