[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I put a sticker on my luggage with my cell phone number on it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1485151273979.jpg (151KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
1485151273979.jpg
151KB, 800x572px
I put a sticker on my luggage with my cell phone number on it.

Is this a bad idea?
>>
>>1206595
Nah
>>
>>1206595
No
>>
>>1206595
Maybe
>>
I don't know
>>
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>1206910
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS TO ME NOOOOW
>>
>>1206919
YOU'RE A KID NOW
>>
Why would it be a bad idea? I'm planning to do the same. Isn't that one of the thigns to do to be prepared in case they lose your luggage?
>>
>>1207051
Dunno if this is a bad idea, however your lost luggage already has a tag with a number on it that's linked to your booking where the airline has your number. What is your phone number supposed to do?
Do you expect a philippino or uzbek airport luggage handler to give you a call if they find your luggage lost from your trip to London?
>>
>>1207156

I assume it's in the case that the tag rips off and gets lost. Isn't that one of the biggest reasons luggage gets lost?
>>
>>1207209
There are usually smaller barcode stickers too, in case the main tag is missing.

I'm not sure about the biggest reason, but wrong connection was the case for my lost luggage:

>5 days trip to China with a very busy schedule, so I pack light to cabin check and don't waste time at Pudong Airport.
>Reunion to Mauritius to Shanghai, Ninghai to Shenzhen, Hong Kong to Mauritius to Reunion.
>Departure day: flight to Mauritius is full with muslims en route to hadj (Reunion>Mauritius>Dubai), counter lady tells me there isn't room any more for cabin luggage, tell her I really need my luggage ith me for the next leg, she promises I will be able to collect my luggage in Mauritius.
>Upon arriving to Mauritius I run to the counter, ask for my luggage, they tell me the only way to collect it would be to leave transit, go through customs, collect my luggage and check in again on connecting flight.
>Tell them to fuck off and just make sure my luggage is in the plane, they write down description, number and stuff.
>Flight to Pudong is Okay.
>Upon landing, run to luggage belt, my driver is waiting for me outside and my phone won't work on chinese network (iPhone 4S back then with roaming allowed).
>Wait.
>Wait.
>Wait till I'm the last person, only one lone suitcase on the conveyor (not mine).

>tl;dr I went through 1200km by car, 3 factories, 4 cities, 1 typhoon that had me riding a ricksaw on a flooded highway to reach my plane, with my set of clothes, and my backpack with my laptop in it.
>Got my case back in Shenzhen, it had tags from Mauritius, Pudong, Seoul and Guangzhou on it.
>>
>>1206595
A far better idea is to put a sheet of paper with name, routing, date, email and phone number inside so that when the bag is opened the paper is obvious. Thus there is the best chance of getting it back when lost. If the tag is still attached then that will identify the bag and if the bag has lost its tag then, when opened your sheet of paper will help.
>>
>>1207683
I do this. with contact info for where I'll be stating, if I know it. I have a couple of black duffles I carry gear in when working, I have my name and e-mail on them in silver sharpie. Maybe would help getting a lost bag to me, plus it makes it easy to recognize my bag at baggage claim, or if everybody's gear winds up in the same storage.
>>
>>1206595
airline fag here. put your contact info on your luggage tag, and also INSIDE YOUR SUITCASE.

tags and stickers fall off super easy. When were dealing with a truly lost bag we open it up looking for personal info.
Dont get me wrong we HATE going through people's dirty-ass vacation clothes.
>>
>>1208157
me again, sorry i have a bad habit of responding before reading threads on slow boards.
>>1207714
This guy has a much better idea.
>>
>>1207051
Your basically telling some luggage handler to slip in drugs, and text your info to the dealer, so he can go hit you up
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.