[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An airline lost my luggage and I've been stranded in Paris

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: H (62).jpg (1B, 486x500px)
H (62).jpg
1B, 486x500px
An airline lost my luggage and I've been stranded in Paris for 13 days without any money or clothes.

They havent tried to contact me, they haven't tried to accomodate me in any way and I'm looking forward to suing them.

I have no means to contact them since they give me voicemails and a practically non-existant customer service.

What am I in for, how much can I get, what will I have clean underwear again
>>
Wait you left all your money in your suitcase? Or were you selling things from your suitcase for money? Something doesnt add up
>>
>>1206563
Well, I had all my clothes and credit cards in there, including the apartment keys to my place back home. If it weren't for the fact that I went to visit my girlfriend I would be in the street right now.

I let them know I was stranded from the start, they were supposed to get my luggage back within 48 hours and they haven't; then they said they'd get back to me after 5 days and they didn't. I tried calling them repeatedly but they have the absolute worst customer service ever. All they did was tell me to wait.

It's been 13 days, I had all my grooming stuff in there since you can't carry liquids etc, but since it's looking like they won't ever get my stuff back (I'm leaving on the 30th), I'm really wondering what my options are.

I already described everything that was in there, I did my best to contact them but honestly they're just horrible. They blocked me from calling them and they hung up on me a lot of times simply because I asked for contact info where I could address my problem.
>>
>>1206566
This doesn't add up. EU rules are pretty strict about airlines failing to deliver to customers. You file a formal complaint, end of story. Which airline did you fly?
>>
>>1206568
British Airways

I haven't filed a complaint because they've been stringing me along, that's what I was explaining above.

As soon as I presented my situation they told me they would give me my luggage back in 48 hours. Then when I called because they failed to do so they told me to wait and every time I call they just tell me to wait.

The truth is that they lost the electronic info and even made us land in the wrong terminal so they fucked up royal. But every time I call they just tell me to wait no matter how detailed I am on the mishaps that have been going on, they aren't trying to pay for anything nor take responsibility.

It's not like theres a million places to look for either, I went from point A to B. That's it. The problem now is that like I said, I'm leaving soon and I need to get my shit back or do something.
>>
>>1206569
Have you tried waiting?
>>
>>1206571
it's been 13 days

13 days without clothes and money

believe me, if you were in my shoes and in paris you wouldn't last this long
>>
>>1206576
How the fuck are you dumb enough to leave your credit card in your suitcase But smart enough to survive for 2 weeks wirh no money?
>>
if the luggage is actually lost, all you are gonna get is some fixed amount per kilo.
Good luck suing them.

In any case, you should try to get as much as you can from them, but it's easier to postpone it til when you get home.

For now, better reseearch into getting a new credit card DHL'd to you by your bank. It's probably gonna cost you, but that's the easiest solution.
Also, there's a thing called cash on demand, whereby you just walk in into any bank and ask for cash, presenting your ID and credit card number. That's gonna cost you too, and may not be available for your CC type (I think it's from Gold level up).

Finally, you can ask your relatives to send you some cash by Western Union or a like thereof, or to send you some bitcoin which you sell for cash locally (takes more time but is cheaper).

I think these are your options mate.

btw, this is the reason lots of people (myself included) always travel with carry-on only. Even if it's for a month travel. If I absolutely have to check in a bag (like, going away for a year), I never put anything really valuable there. And credit cards in luggage - really ?

Anyway, that's just advice for the next time.
>>
>>1206562
Have you contacted them personally? As in, going straight to their counter at the airport?
>>
>>1206577
I brought a card with me, but all my heavy stuff I left in my luggage; I'm sorry but I've traveled my whole life and never got luggage lost ever. The reason why I'm not out ther dying is because I'm at my girlfriend's place

>>1206578
It isn't just the bag now....
Every single time I have called, all I got was very, very disrespectful people who gave me attitude as if it isn’t my right to ask where my lost luggage was. I have been ignored, taunted, and even blocked, simply because I have asked to speak to a supervisor. One of their representatives in Madrid even told me he was going to give me information to take down and to listen up closely…before hanging up on me. It was one credit card for my expenses here, the rest was just valuables and shit I had to mail (important stuff I had to send because I'm applying for citizenship).

>>1206579
The airport is mad far, it's not even in Paris so no. My girlfriend wants to go but like...I'm leaving in a week anyways.
>>
>>1206562
Did you actually go back to the airport at any point?
>>
>>1206586
>>1206584
>>
should have got traveler's insurance
>>
rme at credot card in the luggage. though i have lost all my cards and id once on a plane, and survived, also got everything back...

what's up with all the thiefs at cdg though?

i left my phone at the security chech at terminal 2 of cdg, cause i was helping someone whose stuff was mixed up by security and ended up in different trays.
only to realize on my next flight that security probably also rearranged my own stuff, and my phone wasn't where i left it.
the moment i landed back home, i filed a complaint at lost and found.
since then (last 4 months) i called cdg 6 times, the police, too, 3 of my friends went to their lost and found counter etc.
my friend who lives in paris told me to give up, that the lost and found people gave zero fucks.
luckily my photos made it to the cloud before the phone was turned off, also my insurance company paid a bit without any police report...

because of this thread i called cdg again to ask wtf was going on (i mean who the fuck would stole my phone at security...), they still don't care.
too bad i'm not really into paris, and i don't want to ask my friend to go there to report them to the police... will just report it when i have to go back again.
>>
Christ i wouldn't even fly without toothpaste on my carry-on, let alone CREDIT CARDS
>>
>>1206566
>Well, I had all my clothes and credit cards in there,

You had your credit cards in checked luggage?

Then you have an excellent opportunity to learn a valuable lesson and not be a total moron next time you travel.

>>1206584
>I've traveled my whole life
>Carried valuables in checked luggage
>Carried credit cards in checked luggage
>No clue about what to do when oluygage is lost

I call bullshit, thread hidden

---------- troll line established -------------------
>>
>>1207329
>Christ i wouldn't even fly without toothpaste on my carry-on
Confirmed for not flying.
>>
>>1206577
Funny and true. Op sounds like fag
>>
>>1206562
This happened to me before. Baggage was delayed for two days. The airline reimbursed me for everything I bought during the time I didn't have my luggage including but not limited to 4 t-shirts, 4 dress shirts for work, 3 pants, 12 pairs of socks, underwear, an electric toothbrush, an electric razor (Norelco) ($100+), towel, toiletries, etc

Here's my advice:

1. Buy everything you need (nicer the better).
2. Keep all the receipts.
3. Then once your bag is returned you can file a claim for everything you bought. (They are legally required to reimburse you.)
4. In the end, the amount you spent will be reimbursed so treat yourself.
5. MAKE SURE TO KEEP ALL YOUR RECEIPTS.
>>
>>1207530
You can buy small tubes below 100ml anon....
>>
>>1206584
>The airport is mad far, it's not even in Paris so no. My girlfriend wants to go but like...I'm leaving in a week anyways.
you don't have any money, you girlfriend would come with yoz which is pretty nice by her as you already sound like you a brawing about this the whole day, 13 days through.
what else is there that you have to do? it's not as if you can go and spend a nice tiem anywhere in Paris.
get your ass there, now. be nice to your girl cause shre's ultra-nice to you.
>>
>>1206590
not op, but isn't that included normally?
>>
>>1206571
hahahahaha motherfucker
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.