[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please teach me how to travel as a poor person. especially and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: around-80days.jpg (121KB, 546x780px) Image search: [Google]
around-80days.jpg
121KB, 546x780px
please teach me how to travel as a poor person. especially and help set up a route around the world that i can travel as a poor person. i'm interested in seeing some parts of western europe, some parts of turker, parts of south east asia and australia, and then i'm off to some islands if i can find transport and i'm ending it with a road trip through north america west to east and heading back to europe.

thoughts ? suggestions ?
>>
>>1206214
what are some must see shit that you can't encounter in literally any other country.

things like the everest, the great wall in chine, the great reef barrier or whatever it's called, you know shit like that
>>
Most poor people either save a few thousand up over the course of years and then travel during low season, backpack, staying in hostels, eat local, visit places where the currency exchange rate is favorable, and do all they can to stretch their money.

Alternately, they WWOOF or teach English, which usually means they stay in one particular place much longer, and with money saved go out on a couple vacations to nearby places.
>>
File: IMG_0910.jpg (65KB, 470x718px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0910.jpg
65KB, 470x718px
>tfw poorfag
>tfw Dutch
>tfw there is so much shit I still haven't seen in Europe alone
>tfw it's all relatively cheap

I am content with being a poorfag for the forseeable future.
>>
>>1206217
Ive never been a fan of the meme tourist destinations. Aussie here, just spend your time.on the beach while you're here, take up surfing. Maybe go out to see Uluru,
>>
>>1206214
Define poor. Where are you from?
>>
Step 1: save
>give up shit you dont need. quit buying new cell phone, laptop, videogames.
>Dont eat out.
>Stop getting your morning starbucks.
Step 2: Travel
>Travel in the off season for tourists. flights and hostel rates are cheaper
>avoid hotels, eating out, and souvenirs.
>couch surfing is your best friend
>Ridesharing websites and craigslist are cost effective ways to get around
>not everyone is into this, but workaway and helpx are great if you want to stay in one place for a few weeks. You can work in some pretty cool places and be spending next to nothing
>>
1. Hitchhike
2. Couch surf, stay with random locals you meet, sleep in temples, mosques etc
3. As your host the people in the above places will feed you for free

You can now travel for free
>>
>>1206373
pretty much this.
>>
>>1206373
As proof, I've been on the outskirts of nakhon si thammarat in Thailand for 5 nights
Stayed with a guy for two nights, he invited me after I got dropped off at his restaurant after a free motorbike ride
Spend nothing, got three good meals a day.
Next was invited to a home by another guy who saw me walking on the road, 2 nights at his home and about to spend another
He and his friends paid for most of my food.
I only spent 40 baht for some snacks and drinks we shared and 15 baht for a Fanta for myself

That's a dollar and a half for 5 nights
>>
>>1206214
There's a book by a guy who traveled around the world, spending just $280.
>>
>>1206379
Reminder: saving money by using other people's kindness turns you into douchebag.
>>
>>1206373
How to get rep on couchsurf?
>>
>>1206436
I knew I was going to get a bullshit comment along these lines

1. Staying at someone's home doesn't cost them anything
2. Food in Asian countries is eaten communally and they make enough for a family, so one more doesn't increase the cost for them, plus home made local food is cheap
3. Foreigners are not so stupid to spend money they don't have hosting someone
4. Since I am traveling I always move on after a few days ensuring I don't overly impinge upon their hospitality

I don't stay with people for free to 'save money', I do it because they invited me and we become friends

If I was a douchebag people wouldn't let me stay with them. I think these sorts of comments come out of jealously from actual douchebags who never get invited to experience local hospitality precisely because they are douchebags.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.