[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every year I go to Taiwan for 2 weeks for Chinese New Year. Every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4306.jpg (34KB, 300x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4306.jpg
34KB, 300x449px
Every year I go to Taiwan for 2 weeks for Chinese New Year. Every time I go I poop about 2x during the whole 2 weeks.

What are some ways to avoid travel constipation?
>>
>>1205817
Easy on the rice and tea. Eat leafy vegetables (stir fried bok choi and other greens).
Or, drink tap water.
You'll poop either way
>>
>>1205856
Taiwan is first world. You can definitely drink tap water in Taiwan without getting sick.
>>
>>1205857
Can you vouch for the piping of every place, for the reservoirs of every area?
Pretty sure a tourist has a good chance of shitting in spray if he drinks tap water while not being used to it.
>>
>>1205856
My diet is basically the local diet of lean meat, soup, and a ton of vegetables like cabbage. Still no poop

>>1205857
Not true, you have to get it from a special wall unit filter to make it drinkable and they still boil it afterwards

>>1205868
I'd almost rather have the runs then not poop at all.

For reference, I am a non Asian married to a Taiwanese, so I am living with my local inlaws for the 2 weeks
>>
>>1206149
Walk/jog more while there.
Drink more tea.
Eat more pickled stuff. Drink matcha or something.

Btw I had a moderate argument with my parents. We were visiting Taiwan recently, right after I came back from a SEA trip. I was only drinking mineral water, water coming from drinking fountains, and the water I boiled in my hotel room. They kept on drinking all sorts of water from random taps. Now I mentioned to them nicely that they might want to use the kettle in their room, cause it's a bit safer. And then they let me know I was snob, pussy, make a fuss unnecessarily, etc etc
They had no problems as far as I know, I continued with my boiling rituals. I probably wouldn't have cared to boil normally, but I really just left Cambodia and Thailand and all...
>>
>>1206165
It's really hard to get any exercise because I am constantly doing family activities. They also don't drink a lot of water or beverages, instead they drink soup.

Last time I forced myself to drink a ton of soup and water whenever I could. I also ate as many vegetables as possible. This helped a little, but not 100%
>>
>>1205817
I poop less in general when I am abroad because my mind will not allow me to poop anywhere I want, just like that. Good luck with your poopey quest, Original Poster.
>>
>>1206198
Yeah, when I was a kid we went on cruises a lot. I remember that I would sometimes not poop for the entire trip. Back then it didn't bother me much. Recently I went on a cruise and only pooped once the whole time. Once I got off the ship I had to take a major shit at a McDonald's on the interstate.

So I suppose it is a mental thing too. I'm thinking I might pick up some laxatives just in case. Other people have told me to take a lot of fish oil, but I don't know if that is guaranteed to work.
>>
Why the hell do all people strive to shit more? Shitting is inconvenient, takes time and the aftermath is a pain to deal with.

I'd take your 2 shits a week over fucking diarrhea.
>>
Drink some watermelon juice while you're there.
>>
>>1206244
If you are too backed up from not shitting it can be really uncomfortable. Especially when your grandmother in law is asking why you don't want a second helping of lunch.

>>1206245
Does that help you shit? I always eat lots of fruit in Taiwan because they have fruits I have never tried and different varieties of the ones I know. Some good ones are saozi and bell fruit.
>>
I'm about to get on the plane bros. Wish me happy shitting
>>
>>1205817
>What are some ways to avoid travel constipation?
Drink more water

>>1206149
>My diet is basically the local diet of lean meat, soup, and a ton of vegetables like cabbage. Still no poop

Are you counting your calories? If you are taking in too few calories you can poop a lot less
>>
Caffeine
>>
>>1205817
Some people just poop less when travelling, I think its the stress or time lag.

Even domestically if I'm travelling I'm liable to be bunged up for a day or to.

The human body is fucking weird man
>>
File: IMG_4314.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4314.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I just landed. No poop yet, but I have eaten a ton of fruits, vegetables, and two yogurts. Hoping for the best

>>1206695
Good point but I think I am eating enough. In Taiwan they eat 3 full meals a day. I am constantly full. Also, everyone else is shitting regularly.
>>
>>1206957
Coffee in Taiwan is super weak. I usually bring some no doz with me for this reason. It doesn't help with the poop thougj
>>
>>1207058
Your post about yogurt reminded me of Yakult. Thing's popular in HK I guess it may be easy to fin in Taiwan too? A coffee and a yakult in the morning followed by a cigarette did wonders for my transit back then!
>>
>>1205817
Every year? Why?
>>
bubble tea usually gives me nice shits
>>
Day 1: ate a bunch of yogurt and veggies on the plane. At lunch (including sloppily butchered chicken with A gross layer of fat, one of my least favorite foods) Drank a reasonable amount of water and some coffee. No shit, hopefully it will come in the morning

>>1207152
I've never seen it, but I will keep an eye out for it

>>1207249
I am married to a Taiwanese

>>1207253
Never tried this, I hope it works.
>>
buy the death wish coffee

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006CQ1ZHI/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B006CQ1ZHI&linkId=e3ae944a5fc49d86f2a53b3ca879a5f2

poop will come squirting out of your nose as well
>>
>>1207059
For every 5 coffee shops that close, 5 more open.. Taiwan is practically like Seattle now with the coffee.
>>
>>1205817
just put hot sauce on your food
>>
I remember my first time going to Sweden for a week to visit friends. Met one buddy in Stockholm and then took the train to Gothenburg. Was awesome but I couldn't shit at all but ate so much good food.

Finally, on Day 4, we're like 5 people sitting in the living room watching a movie and I feel a rumblin'. I run into the bathroom as my friends cheered me on and I laid a MASSIVE log, like holy shit. One thick baseball bat of a turd that reached from the bottom of the bowl to touching the bottom of the toilet seat.

Closest I've ever felt to giving birth as a guy. I was legit high for like 10 minutes after, felt so relieved and light.
>>
>>1207386
Kek
>>
>>1207370
There are a lot more than there used to be, but the coffee here seems much weaker to me
>>
Greasy food, Mexican food, Indian food, prune juice, coffee, dairy (works better if you're lactose-intolerant), beans, artificially sweetened candy, and cigarettes.

Any combination of the above should get you going.
>>
>>1205817
>What are some ways to avoid travel constipation?
Maybe you are changing your diet up too much, skipping water on the plane over, maybe holding it in too long by not doing some high fiber breakfast? Not having some whole fruit? Pack a box of granola bars.

If it's a softening issue, buy some prunes, pop one or two a day. Works for some people, or you could just take supplements, like metamucil tablets, or senokot.
>>
Day 2: I pooped pretty good today. Maybe it was because of the 3 fish oil pills I took.

>>1207504
I drank water and other beverages every time I was offered. My diet definitely has changed. At home I eat a moderately healthy American diet. Here I eat nothing but Taiwanese home cooked meals. I get the feeling that my body doesn't even realize that what I am eating is food.
>>
Why countermeasure to begin with? I always see it as my body's natural reaction to heavy change in food and environment.
>>
>>1205817
Suddenly I am missing ol' Kuzu...
>>
>>1205817
Raw dates helped me in China.
Also in Japan I was extremely constipated. I was in a delirious state on the flight back home. The pain made thinking difficult. I tried eating something, but collapsed in front of the toilet puking it back out. It was all just blocked up. Nothing came out, nothing could fit in.
Glad you made it, though.
>>
File: 186123690_XS[1].jpg (61KB, 673x448px) Image search: [Google]
186123690_XS[1].jpg
61KB, 673x448px
>>1205817
Linseed man. I am an SEA expat. I'd have serious problems if it wasn't for this... stuff.
>>
Day 3: shitting as I type this. The fish oil seems to be helping. I have also been drinking this local breakfast drink called "mi jiang" which is peanut and rice milk and it really seems to set off my poop reflex.

>>1207751
Holy shit dude. What ended up happening, when did you finally shit?

>>1207753
That looks like it would work well. Some coworkers suggested psyllium husk, but I didn't have time to go looking for it before I left. My current regimen seems to be working
>>
Bro, if you want to really "CLEAR YOUR ANUS" go eat at the buffet at the Sheraton hotel in Taipei.

I been living here for 6 years, and our boss takes us to a annual dinner buffet there.

Every single time.. soon as I go home, I shit my brains out. I never had this issue with any other place: street food vendors, breakfast shops, other restaurants.

But at Sheraton... that grease just wants to fly out of my body like teflon.
>>
>>1207058
Happy Chinese New Year and many good poopings to you, OP.
>>
OP, the thing to do is find a local restaurant that will consistently give you the runs. If you're in Taipei, go to the Guandu CostCo (the others might work too, dunno) and get a slice of pizza and a hotdog with relish. You'll have a big wet dump a few hours later.

I'd give you my other favorite laxative restaurants, but I don't want them to become too popular.

DESU I don't know how you can get plugged up here. Most restaurants are unsanitary as hell, and the more usual problem is avoiding getting explosive diarrhea.

>>1205857
>You can definitely drink tap water in Taiwan without getting sick.

NO. Even aside from all the cracks in the pipes (because earthquakes) that can let in contamination from the surrounding soil, nearly every building has a cistern, usually on top (the big silver tanks you see when you ride around on the MRT, if you're in Taipei). The cleanliness of those depends on the people who own or live in the building, some get scrubbed two or three times a year, some haven't been cleaned in decades.
>>
>>1206182
Oh, you could also go to any of those Sushi Express places and eat a bunch of plates of broccoli. That always gets me moving. Western broccoli isn't all that common around Taiwan, but CostCo carries it.

If you are in seriously shit shape, go to a pharmacy and get some castor oil, assuming you're not allergic to it or anything.
>>
>>1207308
Oh, hell, if you're ordering from Amazon, get the Sugar Free Gummi Bears. Read the reviews. Five of those things (individual gummi bears, not five packages) will clear you right out.

>>1207492
>Greasy food, Mexican food

There is a decent Mexican place now that sometimes helps, Macho Tacos. Two locations. Google it, OP.
>>
>>1208386
>if you're ordering from Amazon, get the Sugar Free Gummi Bears.
I don't know if it's just my own search parameters that's not working for me, but I can't for the life of me find those things anywhere, not even on Amazon.

I was even convinced that they were discontinued due to the negative press they've received.
>>
>>1208411
I just googled Amazon Sugar free Gummy Bears and found some -- but admittedly, I don't know if they're the same as the "good" ones.

Any sorbitol sweetened candy should do it. Maybe xylitol, too; I've never tried that stuff.
>>
>>1205817
travel to india....
>>
>>1206690

happy shitting
>>
File: IMG_4343.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4343.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Been away in Tainan for a few days and unable to update because my ip range was blocked for abuse (shitposting?).

Anyway, been shitting like a champ.

One day in Tainan I was happily shitting away when I noticed the toilet paper was single ply Kleenex style tissue. Not gonna lie to you guys, I got some on my hands.

What would you do in this situation?
>>
>>1209384
fold it, or use 2 at a time. Do you need us to learn you how to wipe after teaching you how to shit? lol
>>
>>1208308
kek
>>1209384
Wash your hands afterwards.
>>
>>1208308
What kind of work do you do? I would actually like to live in Taiwan, but finding a job is not the easiest thing to do.
>>
>>1208383
Confirmed, I had the Peking duck pizza at costco last year and did shit

>>1209389
I folded and used two at a time, but the situation was still tenuous at best
>>
>>1209384
>What would you do in this situation?
You mean if I already had shit on my hand and I'm just trying to recoup from the situation?

I actually have a plan for that.

>grab more toilet paper and wipe as much of the shit smears possible
>try to do up my pants with one hand
>if closing the zipper & button are impossible, then I will at least try for one
>failing that, I use my soiled hand, but using only the untainted parts
>get the fuck out of the toilet stall
>hurry the fuck over to a sink
>wash my hands way more thoroughly than I normally would
>usually end up using more soap than usual, then rinsing, then doing at least two more hand-washings
>if pants aren't fully done up yet, take the opportunity to do so now
>>
let me hijack the poop thread, cause i don't feel like this taipei post deserves its own thread.

is uber active in taipei atm?
i know it was when i went there last year, but it seemed they were trying to crack down on it.
if uber is not active anymore, does anything similar exist?

i'm putting together a 24hr itinerary for a friend for next weekend, and he asked if there are any chinese new year related activities atm....?
i was like yeah, nope, it's going to be a bit too late for that.
but if you know of anything special related to the rooster year that's still going on next weekend, besides mooncakes being on sale or whatever, please share.
>>
>>1209588
Textile industry.. ( been in it for a long time, this was my first international gig) it was not fun. I could never be a english teacher.. it seemed like "acting".
>>
>>1210837
Uber is killed, nothing much going on now, but a lantern festival is happening soon.
>>
>>1210911
thanks, not going to recommend uber, then...

i see the lantern festival is actually the day they're there, so that's cool.

would you recommend pingxi or ximending for that?
>>
>>1210928
go to ximending... lots of young pussy around there.. its practically a outdoor mall.
Pingxi? I have no idea where this is... then again Pingyi is all kinds of fucked up... maybe you mean Dingxi... which is a MRT station in New Taipei City... but there are no attractions there.. its just cheaper rent and heavy population.
>>
>>1210928
Want to add, that they are doing testing of the MRT from the airport.. I assume you are looking for UBER to get from the airport to downtown.. there really is no need for UBER when bus / taxi and if you know someone you can get a "UBER" type driver for like $1000NT both ways.
>>
>>1211552
Thanks a lot!

No, it is Pingxi actually, it is in New Taipei City, so will go with Ximending instead.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.