[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here from KY? I was thinking about moving there late

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: mkentucky.gif (19KB, 507x246px) Image search: [Google]
mkentucky.gif
19KB, 507x246px
Anyone here from KY?
I was thinking about moving there late this year and trying to do a little bit of research about Lexington/Winchester area but Youtube only has so much. Anyone have any info for a college aged guy? (Work, Climate, People, etc)
>>
OP here, probably shouldve added that im originally born and raised from MI but currently in FL for a while. Looking for a new place but with similarites to MI. Originally i thought about MN but not sure about those winters.
>>
Went to UK so lived in Lexington for four years. But that's been about a decade ago. Lexington was a pretty nice city but it is totally dominated by the college. If you are college age, you'll probably enjoy it. The bar scene is fun and has something for everyone. The horse track there is second to none. There's a good variety of housing and it was very affordable when I was there. The climate is pretty decent. You'll see 2 or 3 decent snows a winter and the summers are probably not to dissimilar from Michigan. The people are a mixed bag just like everywhere. It's highly white though so if you're a minority, consider that.
>>
I live in Mt Sterling, right next to Winchester and Lexington. Work around here is mainly manufacturing/factory work or at least entry level work. Lexington is the larger city so there are a lot more job opportunities there than in surrounding areas like Winchester although Winchester is stepping up their call center game recently (Amazon and Pearl or whatever). Cost of living is pretty cheap compared to other places, but Lexington is more pricey usually. Like the other anon mentioned, it's mainly white and racism is still very prevalent around here so keep that in mind. Some people are wary about people they view as outsiders, but you should be okay especially if you stay in more urban areas. Lexington is the more progressive area I would say and has more to do in general. Kentucky's weather is super unpredictable these days. We have 4 defined seasons of course, but it can go from snowing one week and 30 degrees outside to sunny and 65 the next. Feel free to ask me anything else, I've lived in Kentucky my whole life unfortunately.
>>
If you're from Michigan you'll probably be okay. I'm assuming you go to church and are happy about Trump.

There's a big military base in Lexington. I interviewed there for an IT job once.

Other than that it's your typical rural south culture.
>>
File: MeadStage2.png (437KB, 385x600px) Image search: [Google]
MeadStage2.png
437KB, 385x600px
>>1205414
Kentucky fag here, I was born in Muhlenberg county and I loved it there. I spent most of my childhood there and moved to Ashland, Ky when I was 13. If you are going to move to Ky than I would say move to the more southern half or Lexington. The people are pretty awesome for the most part and actually pretty accepting of people, just don't act like a jack ass and you will be fine. The fun part is that it's kind of a border state between Southern and Northern culture as in you still have that Southern hospitality that can't be beat with Northern sensibilities. There is a lot of land and it's pretty beautiful, winters are fun if you like snow and summers are warm, even the thunderstorms there are beautiful imo. I'm living in Washington state atm and i will probably move back there to retire. a literal paradise in my eyes.

>plus you can find people that make there own wines, meads, beers and my favorite moonshine. If you can find a moonshine holler you will be very happy.
>>
Nobody mentioned Louisville or Covington/Newport.
>>
>>1206507
OP specifically mentioned the Lexington/Winchester area, Louisville and Newport are quite a distance from these places and thus not very relevant to the discussion of the Lexington/Winchester area. But they are locations you should plan to visit if you move to Kentucky.
>>
if you are the type of individual who likes to get to the point, get things accomplished free of bullshit, enjoy tactful conversation wrought with intellect and have a sharp, quick sarcastic sense of humor then avoid all of Kentucky like the plague. The people are all old money horse farm owners or struggle beyond a fourth grade reading comprehension, not many in between. Maybe you'll get lucky and befriend the handful of normal people in Lex, idk.

I've said it in other boards and I'll say it here as well-

Carpet bomb the whole fucking state

>ya doin ALRAAAAAAAAAT?
fucking pukes
>>
Another Kentuckyfag reporting, South Central Kentucky

Plenty of jobs around but not much with night life. Two colleges with Western Kentucky being in Bowlingreen. The city looks good. Lots of weed too. Everyone grows it around here.
>>
>>1206605
same anon with a tip.

Never go near Eastern Kentucky. The whole place is The Hills Have Eyes meets Wrong Turn. Somewhat better if you're white.
>>
>>1206554
toxic racist is toxic racist.
>>
File: leftistdrivel.gif (981KB, 342x239px) Image search: [Google]
leftistdrivel.gif
981KB, 342x239px
>>1206613
he literally made no mention of race you fucking roody poo faggot
>>1206554
>>1205414

My older brother worked in Kentucky for about a year and said that it was the most god awful place he's ever been, and he's served in Afghanistan and Iraq for several years, so that's saying something.
>>
>>1206625
I didn't realize that /b/ was raiding other boards again. If you're just going to be toxic and shit post maybe you should go and do it in >>trash board
>>
>>1206627
>H-He told me off on a board that I like, g-go away!

Yeah, I figured as much from a basic bitch victim complex pussy like yourself.
>>
>>1206633
Ok you're being super toxic on a travel board, this isn't /b/ so why are you here?
>>
>>1206634
You blatantly slander somebody as a "toxic racist" without cause and have the audacity to imply that you're in the right? You really are the rule to the exception when discerning between actual retards and bottom of the barrel plebeians like yourself. Moreover, you decide to double down on throwing around baseless accusations by saying I'm from /b/ just because you're such a pussy bitch that when somebody calls you out for your bullshit, you completely shut down and resort to the same go-to victim mentality that allows you to rationalize your double standards, without actually having to be held accountable for what you say.

You're an egregious fucking faggot, period.
>>
>>1206642
I agree with this anon

>>1206634
piss off you triggered faggot
>>
>>1206642
>>1206643
>>1206642

This is either same fag or not understanding what this board is about. It's a travel board not shit posting board please take that to /b/ where it belongs.
>>
>>1206645
In a shocking turn of events, he responds with the same bland, basic bitch one liner that he's used over and over.

You've failed to make a substantial rebuttal 3 times now, you gigantic fucking retard.
>>
>>1206646
Definite same fag and shit posting.
>>
File: reallynegro.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
reallynegro.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1206647
Not an argument, faggot. Try harder.
>>
>>1206650
Can't prove me wrong can ya?
>>
>>1206654
So you don't know how to prove you're not same fagging, do I have that right?
>>
>>1206656
That's 7 replies for you now and 0 substantial rebuttals. How can you this fucking shook?

Now you're trying to redirect the subject? Woohohhahaha god damn

Look at the bottom right of your screen where it shows the poster to posts ratio, you fucking cuck. You're fucking garbage at this, really.
>>
>>1206659
You keep dodging it though, you know you're fagging and you won't disprove it because you know it's true. You're the only one that's being toxic on this board. You're so same fagging it hurts.
>>
File: faggot.png (1B, 486x500px)
faggot.png
1B, 486x500px
>>1206645
>>
>>1206665
What a shocker, the fucking faggot disappears just as quick as he came. Thanks for the screencap.
>>
>>1205414
Visit the original KFC.

Eat an entire family bucket.
>>
>>1206668
sorry I was late. Went to get a pizza.
>>
>>1206665
Nice try m8, inspect element
>>
>>1206674
>>1206668
Same fag, inspect element.
>>
>>1206684
>>1206685
nice cover faggot
>>
>>1206687
You're same fagging so hard right now dude, just inspect element and you will see for yourself. You can't hide that shit dude, it's obvious.
>>
File: gigantic faggot.png (1B, 486x500px)
gigantic faggot.png
1B, 486x500px
>>1206692
I didn't know it was possible to be this much of a massive faggot. 10 replies and you still haven't substantiated a single rebuttal relative to the original point of discussion, instead trying so desperately to shill a narrative of me same-fagging that you overlook the fact that it would change absolutely nothing in regards to the primary argument.

Can't cope with the fact that your bullshit isn't difficult for others to see through? What a fucking loser. Have another (you), kike.
>>
>>1206728
m8 you're same fagging to no end, what you're saying has nothing to do with this board so I don't know why you're here. Inspect element and you will see that all those posts are yours m8.
>>
>>1206730
Again, not an argument. Stop dodging, you're not even doing it subtly.

Teach me how to "inspect element" while you're at it tho.
>>
>>1206731
Dude you're just shit posting on a travel board so yeah it's an argument. If you want to shit post then go to /b/ where it belongs.

>Teach me how to "inspect element" while you're at it tho.

google is your friend, if you can't do that then most basic computer courses will explain it, it's not my job to teach you.
>>
>>1206732
>shitposting

No, I'm berating you for your cognitive dissonance. You keep insisting this has nothing to do with this board, yet you instigated this by hurling bullshit accusations>>1206613
>>1206642
without rhyme or reason, and have denied any accountability by alluding to something that not only is completely unrelated, but has absolutely no affect on the argument itself.

Yet you keep shilling that I'M the one shitposting and dodging? Yeah, ok dude. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1206733
If you think that then stop shitposting on this board, if you're really better then that then stop. You keep going at it though for some reason so you should go back to /b/.
>>
>>1206734
Yeah you're right. There's no coming to a compromise with somebody as willfully stubborn, irrational and logically dishonest as you over the internet. The only way to get someone like you to come around is with violence, and that's an unfortunate reality of life. Goodbye.
>>
>>1206735
Then leave dude, stop shit this board up. Go back to /b/.
>>
>>1205414
Well it depends on where you are coming from, but there's some good things and bad things about Ky. For example you have to drive fucking everywhere, even in lexington. The bar / music scene is good in Lexington, but non-existent everywhere else. Also almost everyone you meet will be conservative / Christian so if that doesn't float your boat just be aware. Probably the best thing about Kentucky is the outdoor stuff you can get into, plenty of lakes, forests, trails, etc.

Basically unless you are an outdoorsman or have family I don't see much appeal in KY, but I grew up there.
>>
Also dude FUUUUUCK Winchester, everyone that lives there thinks "eh it's basically Lexington". You'll hate yourself for it later
>>
>>1205414
Don't leave FL mate. What part are you from?
>>
>>1206606
eastkentucky fag (perry county) can confirm this
>>
>>1208408
why you turning on your own kind? us eastern ky hillfolk gotta stick together.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.