[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of checking out Boston this summer. What are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: bawstin.jpg (354KB, 1400x600px) Image search: [Google]
bawstin.jpg
354KB, 1400x600px
I'm thinking of checking out Boston this summer. What are THE sights to see in the area?
>>
Faneuil Hall
New England Aquarium
Museum of Fine Arts
Freedom walk
Use the T(MBTA)for transit. Get the Charlie card.
>>
>>1205220

What's the difference between the Charlie card and other cards? Just price?
>>
>>1205214
Fenway Park (even if you don't follow baseball)
Whale watching boat trip (some of these offer refunds if no whales are spotted)
Sam Adams/Boston Beer Company probably has stuff
Harvard and MIT might have some cool semi-public stuff like evening lectures or tech demos
>>
If you can find the place with a Dunkin Donuts across from a Subway across from a CVS across from another Dunkin Donuts there should be an inter-dimensional portal for a good day trip.
>>
>>1205276

Dunkin's are everywhere in Boston, from what I hear
>>
>>1205214
Logan International is a good way to get somewhere cool
>>
>>1205252
You can get a "Charlie card" (plastic card) or a paper ticket. The plastic card lets you refill money and is a bit cheaper, but it can be a pain to get one of those cards.

I live in Boston and I have a bunch of those cards but I honestly have no idea where I got any of them.
>>
>>1205312
I heard the flights to lower Manhattan have been popular
>>
>>1205214
Depends on what you are into somewhat. I would strongly advise against faneuil hall. I don't understand why non Bostonians have it listed as a high priority, it's mostly just shopping and if you go on the freedom trail you will pass by it anyways. What sorts of activities are you looking for? Food, shows, pictures, culture, history, partying, etc???
>>
>>1205214
Freedom Trail 5k was pretty cool way to see the big to see sites and fast.. recommended
>>
>>1205622

I just got my BA in History, so I'm all about the historical and cultural sites. I'm not particularly opposed to the drinking scene in BAWSTIN, but I'm not going to go out of my way to have fun with it
>>
>>1205716
Freedom trail is a pretty good option then. You can stop at sites like the church if you want a tour, or just roam around outside. There are people in costume that give a very good rundown of the history of things along the trail (I think its http://lessonsonliberty.com/, bur I may be wrong),
The Boston Public Library is pretty nice as well, and is right across from Trinity Church. The museum of fine arts is also very good (and depending on your student ID, may be free/discounted, dont know what rules still apply or exhibit they have going on). I have heard the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is good, never actually been myself. The natural history museum is nice if you like that sort of thing as well, and there are 2 or 3 others in the vicinity in Harvard. Theres a free, I think student lead, tour in Harvard too called Trademark Tours.
Also, kind of touristy, but the "Old Town Trolley Tours of Boston" offers a decent ish layout of the city, and you can hop on/off, so free transportation. Duckboats are a similar option, but much more expensive and further down the touristy hole, may also require buying ahead of time.
I would also highly suggest walking along the Esplanade, depending on the weather. Very nice, and has a lot of little monuments. If you time it right, you can go to a Hatch Shell concert or performance, which are always free. You should also walk around the public garden and the commons. Again, sometimes there are shows on the commons, depending on the time of year. The Greenway you will also pass on the freedom trail, nice as well, bit touristy, but nice. Would advise against the bike/segway tours.

Again, not 100% sure what your interests are, but these suggestions will at least cover some of your bases
>>
>>1206326
oh and the USS constitution and the navy yard in general are on the freedom trail. The ship is very cool and you can walk around in it.
>>
Coolest museum = Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum

The Museum of Fine Arts has a lot of cool stuff, too.
>>
Fanuiel hall is nice. I saw another poster say it isn't worth it but I disagree. You don't need to spend a day there but gonfor a few hrs to grab lunch or something. The inside of he main building is sort of like a mall food court but neat to see.

Harpoon Brewery is a favorite spot.

In the summer there are vendors out on some of the strips near the aquarium and heading south I think.
>>
File: adachi time.png (54KB, 439x452px) Image search: [Google]
adachi time.png
54KB, 439x452px
OP

Wait until Anime Boston to go to Boston

http://animeboston.com/

You can sitesee for a few days, and get a side dish of anime
>>
>>1205323
>but it can be a pain to get one of those cards.

>tell my bus driver i need a charlie card
>he takes out his binder and gives me one

???

is it different on boston than the cape? getting a charlie card on the cape is like, the easiest fucking thing ever.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.