[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm traveling for the first time out of US/Canada. Part

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-Algeria_Tunisia_Locator.png (29KB, 250x271px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Algeria_Tunisia_Locator.png
29KB, 250x271px
I'm traveling for the first time out of US/Canada. Part of my trip takes me to Tunis and Algiers.

How safe am I going to be there? Anyone have experience traveling to these destinations?
>>
Tunisia is fine, in Algeria there's certain parts of the country you should avoid if you don't want to get kidnapped (South, East, near the Tunisian border)
>>
I wouldnt go anywhere near tunisia. Algeria only in the north east. I wouldnt wanna be close to libya at the moment. refugees fleeing from isis, hard to tell who is who, etc etc.
>>
>>1206408
>cont.
terrorists have been trying to gain control of algeria and libya for 40 years. american troops just withdrew from libya i believe. I dont think all of africa's arma is fighting terrorists. There are probably different groups within libya and syria and shit trying to overthrow the government of algeria and tunisia, etc.

tldr; you might see some suicide bombings, maybe some civilian rebel shootings kind of things. The government is fuckin up over there
>>
>>1206408
>>1206410
Jesus you're dumb.

OP don't listen to this guy. A friend of mine recently came home after living in Algeria for a year, she (yes, a blonde white woman) said it was perfectly safe, even in the south. I don't know if I would venture south if it's your first time abroad, but Algiers and the big cities on the coast should be absolutely fine.

Tunisia is fine, though the threat of terrorism is real, it's not as high as in e.g. Turkey.
>>
>>1206410
dont listen to this guy, it sounds like a civil war and he gets his news from pol
>>1205143
Actual Tunisian here
I cant tell you much about Algeria but you can be sure that you will be safe as long as you stay near the coast. The same goes for Tunisia. Especially richer areas like Marsa and Sidi Bou Saïd (Must see for tourists) are quite European - you will feel like youre in Sicily. The southern parts of the country like Kairouan are a bit more "african" (high unemployement rate). But as long as you dont do dumb shit you will be fine.
>>
>>1205196
>Tunisia is fine
>avoid... near the Tunisian border

This leaves me confused, can you explain. Is the part of Tunisia adjacent to Algiers also an issue?
>>
>>1206601
This anon is trying to get you killed. Don't listen to them.

Sincerely,
>>1206408
>>1206408
>>
>>1207637
You're an obvious troll, but I'll reply anyway. Tunisia has had a few terrorist attacks recently, but in the grand scheme of things, the odds of getting caught up in that is minuscule, and statistically, the odds of terrorism happening in Paris is higher, but no one thinks twice before going there. Algeria has had a rough history and still has a shit government, but the civil war ended in 2002!! That's 17 years ago! This rough history has ironically stabilized the country, because no one wants that shit to happen all over again! It was even one of the few countries not to experience anything during the Arab Spring. Saying you'll "see a few suicide bombings" while in Algeria is absolutely ridiculous, the last such attack occured in 2011, and before that in 2008 if I'm not mistaken. And that's the whole country! This makes Algeria safer than most in the wider Middle East region, even safer than a lot of European countries.

You're also so full of shit it's actually quite impressive if you're not trolling. American troops in Libya? People fleeing to Tunisia from ISIS? Terrorists trying to gain control of Libya for 40 fucking years? Groups within fucking SYRIA trying to overthrow the government of Algeria? MY LORD, so much absolute nonsense. It would be nice if you left your basement now and then, Cletus.
>>
strange place to go first
>>
>>1205143
>First time doing international travelling
>Goes to a country in war
>>
>>1207658
Millions of people think twice before going to Paris. Tourism is is way down. Otherwise, good post.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.