[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of all the normie dream destinations (Europe, Thailand, LA/NY)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

File: dubai-2.jpg (318KB, 1440x600px) Image search: [Google]
dubai-2.jpg
318KB, 1440x600px
Out of all the normie dream destinations (Europe, Thailand, LA/NY) Dubai gets the least amount of love on this board. So, can we have a Dubai thread?

Have any of you anons even visited or, even better, actually lived in Dubai?

What is there to do? When is the best time to visit? How is daily life there? Did you work while living there?

Any and every thing that is related to Dubai is allowed in this thread
(pls post in this thread I'm trying to see if I should take a summer internship there)
>>
what makes dubai a dream destination? is there anything to do there besides shop for rolexs and cheetahs?
>>
>>1205131
Well considering that 100% of the people I've spoken to about traveling to Dubai respond with some form of "Holy shit you're so lucky" "I hate you" or "Take me with you" and every time Dubai is brought up just in general people usually say how lit it would be to go / live there

I'm not saying it's a good fit for this board (Real Travelers™) but I would say almost all the general population, at least in the US, looks favorably at it
>>
It is the most vapid and worthless shit hole city on the planet. You know when ghetto ass people fall into a bunch of money and then buy a bunch of expensive shit to try to appear like they have class, while simultaneously looking down at everyone else? Well that's Dubai. It is a place built by rich people who are rich literally only because their families have been gifted ungodly amounts of money for generations. There is no class, no culture, behind the gaudy exterior everything is actually built like shit and they fake being "progressive" while still having medieval fucking laws that all of the moron travelers pretend don't exist when they tell everyone how great it is. It is a place where a bunch of rich people who did nothing to deserve their riches get to jack off to themselves while surrounded by gaudy cheap ass shit. Fucking Disney World has more worthwhile culture than that shit hole.
>>
>>1205165
Sounds like Las Vegas.
>>
>>1205165

You hit the nail on the head. I stopped in Dubai five times during a deployment and realized that if you're broke or looking to do something "cultural", Dubai isn't the right place to go. Not only that, but they abuse the living shit out of their imported laborers and you can see the fucking squalor they live in. It's a big shiny turd.
>>
>>1205135
>100% of the people I've spoken to about traveling to Dubai respond with some form of "Holy shit you're so lucky"

The people you speak to are obviously vapid idiots. Real people would not respond like that. Dubai is a stop-over on the way to better places. That is all.
>>
>>1205135
that didn't answer my question about what there is to do besides look at things you can't afford.

>>1205215
this, or they're being nice because you seem excited about it.
>>
I've been to Dubai several times.

The city is glitzy shiny flashy wretched excess, dotted with things like indoor ski-slopes(fun for the novelty value) and water slides. Think of Myrtle Beach with 100 times the budget.

Beaches are decent, there are some quite good fancy restaurants and some very good "hole in the wall" neighborhood places.

If you like dessert, they are surrounded by a good deal of it -- excursions there-to are available at varying cheesiness levels (and various price points.)

If the camel races are on, go to them. There is a "float around on motorized rafts and grill some meat" over on the Big Ditch which looked fun, but I didn't notice they existed until too late in my last trip to go try them.

The big mosque at Jumeirah is open to the public--as is the even bigger one in Abu Dhabi, an easy day-trip away.

I would rate it more of a vacation destination than a "travel" destination, with the understanding that vacations are fine and worth taking, and not referred to by me in a denigrating fashion.
>>
>>1205295
>dessert

Well fuck...

Well, you can guess what was meant.
>>
>>1205165
Could not have said it better myself.
>>
>>1205296
Ice cream?
>>
>>1205307
Exactly.
>>
File: fuck you evolution dubai.jpg (57KB, 716x556px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you evolution dubai.jpg
57KB, 716x556px
>>1205126
Dumping a few Dubai/UAE pics
>>
File: dubai.jpg (50KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
dubai.jpg
50KB, 500x375px
>>1205351
>>
File: P1070932.jpg (112KB, 2160x1620px) Image search: [Google]
P1070932.jpg
112KB, 2160x1620px
>>1205352
>>
File: uae sk zayeed mosque.jpg (49KB, 785x587px) Image search: [Google]
uae sk zayeed mosque.jpg
49KB, 785x587px
>>1205354
>>
File: dubai ski.jpg (62KB, 639x565px) Image search: [Google]
dubai ski.jpg
62KB, 639x565px
>>1205355
>>
File: dubai gazelle.jpg (73KB, 767x579px) Image search: [Google]
dubai gazelle.jpg
73KB, 767x579px
>>1205358
>>
File: dubai oryx.jpg (66KB, 769x580px) Image search: [Google]
dubai oryx.jpg
66KB, 769x580px
>>1205359
>>
File: dubau gulf sun.jpg (55KB, 789x593px) Image search: [Google]
dubau gulf sun.jpg
55KB, 789x593px
>>1205361
>>
>>1205126
>(pls post in this thread I'm trying to see if I should take a summer internship there)

Do you think going to the hottest part of the world is a good thing to do during summer? Only good thing is it's the offseason so you could go stay in a place like the burj at a lower than usual rate.

Going there as an intern is a horrible idea. All of the good jobs are held by locals, who don't do any work and just get expats to do everything. Even if they give you use of a company car and apartment it would wear off fast.

>>1205211
It's arab vegas, so the way their societies are so restrictive means there's even more debauchery.

It's weird how westerners in societies where cocaine, alcohol, whores and gambling are easily available see dubai as an austere place. And then the nearby countries see it as the exact opposite.

>>1205213
>Not only that, but they abuse the living shit out of their imported laborers
don't usually think too much about ethics of travelling when usually the locals get some money, but they bring in foreign slaves
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.