[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/, I'm going to be visiting my grandparents in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: CharlotteMetroChg_map.jpg (860KB, 1191x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CharlotteMetroChg_map.jpg
860KB, 1191x1200px
Hey /trv/, I'm going to be visiting my grandparents in the Charlotte NC area in a week. I don't want to be stuck with my family in the house the whole time, what are some things I should look to do?
>>
Charlotte is devoid of culture. Go to Carrowinds maybe? Asheville is much better.
>>
>>1205040
Yeah I've been seeing in my research that almost everything interesting in North Carolina is either to the west in Asheville/Hickory or Raleigh and Greensboro.

Carrowinds sounds cool, my cousin and I were already planning a day there.
Is there really nothing more stimulating in CLT? No good food or drink, no festivals, no sights, no anything? Fuck why is the South so shit?
>>
>>1205047
I've been in Charlotte for 9 years now. It's a nice city, but pretty bland. At least there's a respectable culinary scene here thanks to a Johnson & Wales university being in the city and lots of wealth due to being a banking center. If you want "culture" the Mint Museum and Levine Museum are pretty good, but you could see both in a day. If you're young (between 18-24), there are a lot of breweries popping up and some really good drinking spots, a nice beer garden, etc.

Raleigh is full of hipsters, but not too bad. And whoever told you Greensboro is somewhere to check out should be shot... place is a pathetic armpit.

Asheville is the shit, my favorite place to hang on NC. Full of interesting people (although it's like Berkeley East). But excellent breweries, tons to do, music and food/wine/beer festivals out the ass, and of course great outdoors related activities.

ps- Carrowinds is closed in the winter.
>>
Check out NoDa, plaza midwood area, music factory. Charlotte has no culture. Been here 27 years.
>>
you should hang out with your grandparents before they croak it
>>
>>1205123
Went for a job interview in August. Trust this Anon. Everyone seems to like the place but for for "weather", "cost of living" or "ease of life"...which is a sort of sales pitch...I guess.
>>
Of all the cities I've ever traveled to, Charlotte is far and away my least favorite.
Fuck this place and fuck Cam Newton.
>>
>>1205039
2 suggestions for ya friendo:

1. Leave burgerland and gain some real perspective on the world.

2. Post in /ck/ or wherever you Yanks congregate.

Intra USA trips =/= travel
>>
>>1205848
What a fucking pretentious comment. The US is as diverse as any country, from New Orleans and the creole culture to the wilderness of Montana and Wyoming. We have some of the finest dining in the world in our major cities and some of the largest industries in the world from Hollywood to agriculture.

I get the whole "hate America" thing is "cool" for people like you, but it really shows how close-minded and ignorant you are.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.