[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you lose or gain weight while travelling? Where'd you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Der.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Der.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
Did you lose or gain weight while travelling? Where'd you go and what'd you do?
>>
>>1204723
Lost a lot, was scraping the bottom of the barrel for 3 years in Berlin. The little money I had after rent I usually spent on drugs. Had a budget of a few euros per week for food.
>>
>>1204723
Lost weight. Went to Thailand, walked around alot, ate local food, aye on average once a day, drank a lot of Hong Tong and had about week of liquid shits my second or third week there
>>
>>1204723
Lived in a hostle in NZ for 3 months, all money was spent on beer and lived off free mandarins and the odd BBQ. Lost loads of weight.
>>
I went to the West Coast of the US for a month, gained 7-9 kilograms, looked like a pig at the end.
Saddest thing is I just ate normally.
Since then I read up on nutrition more, and don't really eat out when I go to the US since...

I lost a bit of weight in China, though I ate a lot there.

Also lost 5kg and was about to be admitted to hospital within a week after I left the UK... Some shitty airport food in London killed my stomach, not even water stayed in there for a while. My GP had a watch on me, luckily I could properly stomach salty tea after a day or two, so recovered at home...
>>
>>1204723
I went to Europe and walked everywhere for a month. Especially in Paris.

Lost 8kg.
>>
>>1204723
I always lose it. I just end up walking so much that even if I stuff myself full all day I'll still lose weight.
>>
>>1204723
In poorer countries (america too, but they're the outlier) portion sizes are far bigger than I'm used to at home in Europe since they all actually do hard work, so I find that even though I'm doing plenty of exercise I'll keep a pretty steady weight. In Europe, Japan or Korea I'll lose weight every time though.
>>
7 weeks in New Zealand + 10 days in Hawaii and I lost about 11kg (25lbs). I hiked almost every day when I was outside cities and in the cities I walked around a looooot, often doing 20-30km a day.

Since then I've been in Melbourne for 2.5 months and gained back around 5kg because I've been drinking and eating cheap pizzas all the time. I need to just start eating less and exercising a little bit. I just moved to a building with a pool and a small gym which I should start going to every day now.
>>
I'm a skinny lanklet. Spent 2 months backpacking Thailand/Cambodia and looked like an Auschwitz survivor by the end

The heat, the constant walking, the terrible diet, the alcohol abuse... and yet Chad remains a ripped God throughout his travels
>>
>>1204742
bumped around Chiang Mai for a month. also got real thin. mostly from riding though country & mountains. keep out of thai night life, and you'll stay regular.
>>
File: 1483931165601.jpg (13KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
1483931165601.jpg
13KB, 300x246px
>>1204723

>Japan, 3 months
lost about ~20lb because healthy Nihongo food desu

>Canada, 3 years
gained ~20lb because North American serving sizes

>Poland, 2 weeks
lost ~10 lb because I got food poisoning from some shitty cold beet soup, now I can't eat beats

>London, 1 month
gained weight because pork pies and cheese and crisp sandwiches

>France, 1 month
gained ?10 lb weight because bread

>Brazil, 1 month
lost weight ?10 lb because constant shits for no real reason, ate a lot of fruit

>Australia, my cunt
skinny fat because it's too hot to exercise outside and I'm a whiny faggot
>>
Usually gain weight because I don't work out and usually go out eating/drinking most nights
>>
>>1204723
>Thailand, Vietnam
hiking and walked around everywhere, got sick 4 times even while following common sense poor country protocols. lost 10 kg but for a while I was shitting out blood. Mexico was much nicer to be honest, I don't think I'll go to another third-world country ever again.
>>
File: 20161116_190334.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161116_190334.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>1204814
>keep out of thai night life, and you'll stay regular.

The Hing Tong didn't come from the nightlife. That week I was deep in Isaan, between the towns of Ban Muang, and Ban Dung. The evenings always ended with cooking eating and drinking at dinner. Was more or less up with the sunrise the whole time. Especially since I was sleeping outside under a mosquito net, and each morning was met with dog howls and rooster crows.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.